Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: home page  (Read 44001 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
She's awesome! Have never seen someone play with the mouthpiece slightly off to the side of their mouth like that. I played trumpet through grade school and high school. Band & small group stuff. As we used to say, doesn't matter what it looks like, it's how it sounds. :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
HD, i dont know where you find these articles you post on the home page but the current one about deer gestation has got to be one of the best i seen!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :kingscourt: :toast:

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
great home page this week again!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm hoping Grandpa Tom sees this one.   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm hoping Grandpa Tom sees this one.   :happy1:

oh heck yea!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sorry, I have been so far behind....been busy as all get out....

Everything has been updated, including the fishing leader board. Check to make sure I got it right.  :rotflmao:
(sometimes it's a little tuff for one guy to handle)  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: gotta love where old boarski is on the leader board! :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the LOTW's article on the homepage reminded me that Mr Henry wrote a commentary in the outdoor news a few issues back, yea i'm behind again!!!!! :rotflmao:

it was a pretty good article about how a group up there started this thing to get rid of trash, garbage...you name it off the ice. cant remember what they call themselves though  :surrender: :crazy: but its spreading to other areas of the state!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They put dumpsters at every access so people will use them instead of leaving their junk on the ice. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
KEEP IT CLEAN is the program. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
KEEP IT CLEAN is the program.
:happy1: :happy1: yep datz it!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: any idea who funds it??????? :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It was started here in Baudette.  The County bought about 5 dumpsters.  Then some high school girls came out to the landfill and painted them blue with yellow lettering.  We had them inside the shop so it was warm.  Then in the spring we brought them to different locations.  The local garbage guy picked them up every week and dumped them at the landfill.  SO as far as I know that is the first ones. I think the girls were maybe a sports team. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i know the resort owners on red lake have them dumpsters too!!!!! when we went out of Zipple bay resort we used theres.

i really hate it seeing garbage on the lakes and in the woods. i dont think there is ever a time when i go to the cabin i dont collect more garbage that i bring home then i make myself. :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Glenn.  I have seen fish houses come off the lake and their drain plug is off and there are frozen drips on the pipe.  I wish I could have gotten pics of them earlier when they dumped it down a hole they drilled in the ice.  That may be a good hobby.  Trying to catch these dirt balls.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My pa had a 10 gauge shotgun for a while.  Back in the day, when they first started managing goose hunts at Lac qui Parle State Park, he used to go and do that.  As I recall they would only allow hunters to bring 5 shells - or something ridiculous like that - into the blind with you.  And the wardens were watching.  If you shot more than 5 times, they were on you.  He wanted to make those 5 shots good, so he bought a used 10 gauge.  That was one of the few guns he ever re-sold after he was done goose hunting at Lac qui Parle.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to love that Lac Qui Parle thing.  Guys would put a couple of extra shells under a decoy and then go adjust them and pick up the extra shells.  Had to remember which decoy though.  LOL

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That was a pretty good read on the 10 vs 12. Never had a use for a 10, primarily it was ducks n geese in your face over water. Bouncing back n forth from goose loads n duck shot from 1 gun kinda blows tho.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got those first Mossberg 3 1/2" so thought we were pretty cool.  LOL

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend and I at the end of high school and fir a few years after were big into duck and goose hunting. We used to hunt Diamond lake in Dayton. We both bought 10 ga shotguns. We would have the 10 ga for geese and the 12 ga for the ducks sitting in the blind. No having to switch shells. He got a Browning BPS 10 and I bought the Remington SP 10 semi-auto.  It sure made it nice.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice guns.  I used to live for duck and goose hunting and haven't done it since I moved here 18 years ago.  Just too many other things keeping me busy.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been a while since I've been waterfowl hunting although I always enjoyed it. Hunted every weekend I could and even during the week quite a bit when I lived in ND. The wetland we restored here needs some major work which means major time and manpower. There simply hasn't been enough of either for several years. As a kid, I always enjoyed looking at these bad boys in the Sears catalog. Always imagined by the looks of that 36" barrel you could bring down geese from the stratosphere with it.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup those were cool guns. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice guns.  I used to live for duck and goose hunting and haven't done it since I moved here 18 years ago.  Just too many other things keeping me busy.
Ya, I haven't hunted ducks or geese for probably 20 years either. Spend more time bow hunting up here for deer.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what a catfish on the home page!!!   and by hand!!!   

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No thanks!! Those southern fellas are flat out goofy!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
'Nuther great and relevant home page article.  No wonder old-timers kil't so many deer wearing their buffalo plaid jackets as the pattern provided sufficient camo and the color didn't matter.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what a huge bass on the home page!!!  congrats to the gal who caught it!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what a huge bass on the home page!!!  congrats to the gal who caught it!!!
:scratch: :scratch: so a cougar  :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: caught a bass........huh!!!!!!!!1 :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you'd be a sugar daddy for her!!!