Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503368 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: dutchy... Dutchy. I ain't buying there will be another shutdown unless he wants a mutiny!!!  And I'd probably start it  :sleazy:

And he ain't getting my vote either, the dipstick won't even go to the governor fishing opener... Jerkoffs!!
And I will join ya!  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And he ain't getting my vote either, the dipstick won't even go to the governor fishing opener... Jerkoffs!!

He's too busy and serious for something frivolous like the Governor's Fishing Opener.   :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Here we go again,how long before....

North Korea confirms 1st COVID outbreak, Kim orders lockdown nationwide.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here we go again,how long before....

North Korea confirms 1st COVID outbreak, Kim orders lockdown nationwide.
Kinda makes you wonder what they did with covid patients for the past two years before they finally admitted to the outbreak.  :huh:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Forbes:  Pfizer’s Covid Vaccine Protection Against Omicron Fades Just Weeks After Second And Third Doses, Study Finds

Immunity against the omicron coronavirus variant fades rapidly after a second and third dose of Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine, according to peer reviewed research published in JAMA Network Open on Friday, a finding that could support rolling out additional booster shots to vulnerable people as the variant drives an uptick in new cases across the country.

If Omicron immunity only lasts a couple of weeks...  Are we sure more vaccine boosters are the answer?  :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And if that previous article wasn't clear enough...  I guess FOUR DOSES is the charm!!!  ;)

Covid-19 news: Fourth vaccine may offer ‘substantial’ antibody boost

A fourth dose of an mRNA covid-19 vaccine could provide a “substantial boost in antibody levels and cellular immunity”, according to a study conducted as part of the University of Southampton’s Cov-Boost vaccine trial and published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I am confused but that happens easily. Not too long ago, just before I broke with COVID, there was info circulating that if you'd been been getting the Pfizer shots & were triple vaxxed, you should switch & go to a Moderna for your 4th shot. And vice-versa. I should probably get back on the patient portal & see what Mother Mayo has to say. Seemed like before I read I may need to wait a while before getting any more doses after having it. I have a friend who was never vaxxed & had COVID way back. He also gives blood & was recently tested for COVID antibodies. His antibody test was off the chart. After having COVID and being triple vaxxed, kinda makes me wonder what is and what should never be... :scratch:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Dotch, how long ago was that when he gave blood and was tested for the antibody??? I gave blood at the red cross facility in st cloud, they told me they no longer test for the antibody???

That was in April!!

« Last Edit: May 05/13/22, 04:02:19 PM by Dotch »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, how long ago was that when he gave blood and was tested for the antibody??? I gave blood at the red cross facility in st cloud, they told me they no longer test for the antibody???

That was in April!!
Who needs data if we are all following the science?   :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

That was in April!!

Pretty sure he gave blood the latter half of April. It was the local blood drive in Bugtussle. Not sure where the mother ship is for the blood drives here. I doubt it would be St. Cloud.

Did some checking on vaccination scheduling and given my circumstances, holding off at least 3 months before any more boosters might be wise. It may give the vaccine manufacturers time to add protection from additional variants to their vaccine. Could need to be expedited depending on what Canada requires should a trip north be deemed necessary.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got my 4th shot at Thrifty White where I had gotten my previous shots of Pfizer.  She asked me which one I wanted.  I said Pfizer I guess.  She said I could have either one.  Mayhaps I should have switched and gotten the Moderna.  ????  I feel great so I must have done the right thing...  Knock on wood!!!   A few months ago I felt a little down for a few days and didn't think I was tasting food up to par.  I would like to know if I had the crud back then.  Would be nice to know I have the anti bodies. 
« Last Edit: May 05/13/22, 04:15:08 PM by LPS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

That was in April!!

I had to laugh Steve-O. After getting the positive COVID test result back, all the sudden I start getting these text messages from MDH wanting me to text them my email address, so I can fill out a survey for them. This while reassuring me that "your email will only be used for public health purposes". Ya right. I suddenly wondered, did my gullibility test come back positive too? :doah: After watching the Walzo and Jan Malcolm Show the past couple years, I took a hard pass on that one. They wanna track me down and force me at gunpoint to fill it out, good luck with that. I don't trust either one of them and I don't have time for their political games, especially in an election year. They both need to go away.   
« Last Edit: May 05/13/22, 04:34:44 PM by Dotch »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

That was in April!!

I had to laugh Steve-O. After getting the positive COVID test result back, all the sudden I start getting these text messages from MDH wanting me to text them my email address, so I can fill out a survey for them. This while reassuring me that "your email will only be used for public health purposes". Ya right. I suddenly wondered, did my gullibility test come back positive too? :doah: After watching the Walzo and Jan Malcolm Show the past couple years, I took a hard pass on that one. They wanna track me down and force me at gunpoint to fill it out, good luck with that. I don't trust either one of them and I don't have time for their political games, especially in an election year. They both need to go away.

You don't have a e-mail address or phone number, either cell or landline. Heck everybody here knows that. All they gotta do Is track us down and ask.    :smoking:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well ole Glenny boy ain't getting no more shots unless it's fireball!!!😂

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You are correct Dotch that you can't get the shot for 90 days after having the Rona. They did a study in New York and California that showed that the natural antibodies were superior to the shots and that was acknowledged by the CDC. The best protection was natural antibodies and the shot. But I think once you have the natural antibodies I would not get any more shots. Just feeding more dollars to big pharma at that point.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That does make a lot of sense.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Still no consensus agreement on "following the science."

San Diego school board president says students must wear mask or don't bother returning to school

Research has shown severe loss in achievement for students in remote learning

CDC no longer reporting COVID-19 cases on cruise ships to the public: What to know

"[The] CDC has worked closely with the cruise industry, state, territorial, and local health authorities, and federal and seaport partners to provide a safer and healthier environment for cruise passengers and crew," the health agency wrote about its program’s end.  ...cruise travelers have access to recommendations that allow them to make informed decisions about cruise ship travel."

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell me about it.  I found two cases of legit, old standard 100 watt incandescent light bulbs that my dad had stashed away.

Manufacturers stopped making them back in 2011.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a few of those old bulbs stashed away here too.  LOL 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ok beat me up if you want for bringing this back up!!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i see where the CDC has lightened up on a few things. no longer do you need to isolate if you suspect you've been exposed to someone with the rona. nor do you need to test for it. AND you no longer have to maintain 6 ft apart!!!!1  :doah: i havent worried about that in 2 years!!!!1 :rotflmao:

baby steps.

what i find odd is the different rules being applied. mom went in to get new stents in for her liver issues. was required to get tested. since last friday my wife, Sue has been dealing with her hip deal where they went in for surgery and the friggin MRSA!!!!! she thought it was coming back. at this point it hasnt according to the tests. BUT, shes been seen by 3 differnet medical personnel at 3 different faculities, not of which required nor gave her a rona test.  :scratch: :doah: and all this in the same centra care system/

for stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Does this mean they won't hand out free smurf masks anymore at Menards?  :scratch:

« Last Edit: August 08/12/22, 11:55:33 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you putz!!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: that didnt come from the house of bargains........there where 2 conspirators on this website  that mailed that to me!!!!!!!!!

i kept it for a keep sake!!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: i might just put it on my deer shoulder mount!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Does this mean they won't hand out free smurf masks anymore at Menards?  :scratch:

And does this mean that pilots and teachers and doctors and nurses and countless others who were fired because they refused to get vaccinated can sue to get their jobs back?   :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea right, they were trouble makers according to the powers that be...   

and it could mean we did the lock downs and such for nothing???   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes and no.

Fortunately the virus variants circulating now seem to be less dangerous that the first ones that swept the planet.  Decide for yourself is that is because the virus mutated to a less deadly form, natural immunity has built over time, vaccines helped, or some or all of the above.

We were learning as we went along - doing our best to sift facts as we could attain them.

We are just now learning the damage to our economy due to the mandated shut downs and the government response to spend our way thru Covid.

We are just now learning the damage done to our children by keeping them out of schools and elderly by isolating them from their families.

And we are just now learning the damage we've done to our bodies by taking vaccines - although approved for emergency use - that we had no idea of what long term side-effects would be.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I know but still.................

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman