Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 37865 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So at dinner tonight I mentioned what cooper had did, turns out a gal the Mrs knows their lab has had 3 surgeries cuz of eating socks, you did well lps!! Turns out they have ti keep the laundry baskets up high.. dang dogs.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We now keep our closet door tightly closed.  So far he can't open it.  He is smart though so I hope he doesn't figure it out or I will have to put a latch on it.  He gets plenty to eat too.  He shouldn't be hungry. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Its the little things in life that gives us joy enter pups pooping

,this has been a entertaining thread thanx guyz.

But yeah LP you dodged the bullet on this deal. lol.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I told the wife that Glenn has been asking if I am going to give the sock back to her and she got a chuckle out of it.  She burned it in the fire she had yesterday.  GONE!   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well LPS, i think my dog, your dogs brother  :rotflmao: just out did cooper the other day!!!!!!!! :doah: :doah:

so yesterday morning started out like any other morning, let shadow out of his kennel, i noticed he may have spit up something, he already rolled out what looked like a sock.  :confused: yep sure as hell, one of my wifes socks just like your wifes. it was all guey, slimy.  :doah: pulled out the blanket i laid in there to air out and dry out, sure as heck there was another one!!!!!! :doah: :confused: same condition....wet guey, slimy.   both hit the garbage.

so i think he ate them somehow and during the nite spit them back up. i know he didnt poop them out from what i could tell. but they were pretty gross.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup they are brothers for sure!!!   oh my puppies!!! got to love them!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A few weeks ago we let him have the run of the house.  He jumps in bed between us and then migrates down to our feet.  Usually sleeps all night but I let him and Buddy out once in the night when they get my attention sometimes.  Pretty fun actually.     

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from the Vet.  Here is how my boys looks now.  Like he was just in a prize fight with Rocky.  They neutered him too so poor guy.  They neuter by weight so I asked if they weighed him before or after they took his noogies.  She smiled.  It is how much juice to put them out for their size. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They take out a slice of skin lower than the eyelid and then sew it up.  She said it will tighten up as it heals.  Looks painful.  May have to give him a Tylenol if it seems to bother him too much. Oh ya, he weighed 60 lbs.  Those other marks aren't from his skirmishes with Buddy.  Must have been a clamp to hold his head that made those two marks. 
« Last Edit: April 04/13/21, 02:00:23 PM by LPS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
one them pups heal fast...  he doesn't look to far out of it...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin like he'd like get outside in that last pic to me. Good as new in a day or 2.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, have you moved on from the puppy food yet???? i just bought another 20 lb bag but am thinking of moving on to the maintenence

diamond brand soon. maybe even sooner, just start mixing the 2 until the puppy version is gone.

our vet said from 9 months to a year you could switch them over??? they'll be 6 months old on the 26th, next week????????/  just curious as to your thoughts or your plan ??????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had Cooper neutered and had his eyelid operated on last Wed.  I asked them and they said it is ok to feed the large breed puppy stuff until they are 8 or 9 months old.  Then go to the adult stuff I guess.  So I think I will order another bag of the puppy stuff.  I get 40 lb bags.  Getting low on this bag so will get one more of them.  Good that our Vets said about the same thing. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :banghead: well LPS, cooper needs to catch-up. :confused: my wife said shadow chucked up a glove I was missing. Then he chewed one of the fingers off the other one. :doofus:

They weren't expensive gloves, just those thin brown garden type glove, but they were brand new. :doah:

Not only that the dipshait eats the shelties poop besides. Grrrr. training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :banghead: well LPS, cooper needs to catch-up. :confused: my wife said shadow chucked up a glove I was missing. Then he chewed one of the fingers off the other one. :doofus:

They weren't expensive gloves, just those thin brown garden type glove, but they were brand new. :doah:

Not only that the dipshait eats the shelties poop besides. Grrrr. training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz:

wait til he chunks up on you sitting in your chair!!!!  oh my!!!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

wait til he chunks up on you sitting in your chair!!!!  oh my!!!!!
:confused: :tut: :tut:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You need some more sheep poop glenn? Dogs love it!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You need some more sheep poop glenn? Dogs love it!  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea, no thanks  :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  glenn just wait the first time shadow finds a dead fish wilst out snooping along the shoreline at your cabin,they always gotta do the tuck n roll. Or greeen deer scat,fresh and steamy.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  glenn just wait the first time shadow finds a dead fish wilst out snooping along the shoreline at your cabin,they always gotta do the tuck n roll. Or greeen deer scat,fresh and steamy.
:pouty: :pouty: to late he did that yesterday to when i took the boat down to the river access here in town!!!!!!! :doah: he found a dead catfish skull!!!! and quess what.......yep chewing on that!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, i made reference in the good morning thread that leads me to believe you do not kennel cooper up at night???? does he behave at night??? i'm afraid yet that shadow might chew on everything thats loose in the house, or crap and pee during the night even though he hasnt done it but once since we had him. and that was up north the very first night and who knows what he consumed that day????? :doofus: :doofus: :bonk:

because it stunk......like bad......throw away his blanket i put in the kennel bad!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  ya what they eat sure makes a difference doesn't it?  I wondered what you were doing with Shadow.  We went shopping over a month ago and left him loose in the house.  It was already fairly dog proofed. ??  Kind of.  We have our slippers and shoes in the porch protected with a child gate.  Well he did fine.  So then we left him longer when we went on a longer day trip.  Pretty much ok.  So now we never put him in the kennel.  It is where we store his toys and he pulls them out to play with them.  He jumps in bed with us now and after a few minutes he lays by our feet.  If he jumps down we let him be.  If he needs to go out during the night he comes and whines quietly next to my head so I get up and let him out.  Works great!  I think we found a pee spot or two as this was developing but no big deal.  The wife got this spray that she sprays on it whilst cleaning it up and leaves no stains.  Haven't had an accident in a long time now.  We sure love him.  He gets kind of rowdy at times but is a great dog.  When he wants out we just let him out.  Sometimes Buddy goes out with him.  He doesn't go far from the house, yet.  Always comes back in after not too long or we go out and check him out.  Usually chewing on a piece of wood from the woodpile.  He learned that from Buddy.  I got screen guards for the screen doors on the camper.  Will get them in this week.  He scratches on the sliding door here when he wants out during the day or does his whine thing.  He is pretty vocal.  Kind of nice. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to seeing you at our camping spot.  Too bad Gunner won't be around. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: damn, shadow must be his brother...........does ALOT of the same things.  :rotflmao: we've let shadow loose in the house on short trips.....just not so sure about overnight yet. be nice to get rid of the kennel though!!!!! :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to seeing you at our camping spot.  Too bad Gunner won't be around.
yeppers...same hear.......i'll even bring the old sheltie with!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been trying to get him around more people cuz he barks some and pees when he gets excited/scared.  I use the FedEx and UPS people as training people.  LOL  He hasn't been around any other dogs and that is exactly what he needs now.  Will be good for him.  Buddy gets a little grumpy but is a real nice dog so we will keep him tied up or in the camper until we get all greeted.  Will be a fun deal. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Has Shadow ever met another dog?  I am curious to see if the know they are brothers when they meet. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Has Shadow ever met another dog?  I am curious to see if the know they are brothers when they meet.
oh yeah. And he has no problems visiting people. Sometimes to friendly. Yea should be interesting, looking forward to them meeting up. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
When you plannin on doing this? Next weekend? Think we'll be back up by the 3rd or 4th.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This coming weekend Gunner.