Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 37854 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: Too bad, sounds fun!! :scratch: Maybe another time.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya too bad Gunner would have been fun to see you again.  I will have some beer there too.   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not so sure you should count us out yet. :tut: Brother has some warranty work on his car scheduled for Thursday. Nothing keeping us here after that, have to see what the weather looks like.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a done deal, he changed the mail yday. We're headin back up early Friday, so I should be able to make it this weekend. :happy1: :cool: So what's the plan?  :scratch: I would imagine early PM Saturday is best for everybody. Noma Lake campground? :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It's a done deal, he changed the mail yday. We're headin back up early Friday, so I should be able to make it this weekend. :happy1: :cool: So what's the plan?  :scratch: I would imagine early PM Saturday is best for everybody. Noma Lake campground? :confused:
I thought of being up there by 1 ish??? I'm open though.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good to me, looked @ Google Maps & it doesn't look like it's more than 13-14 miles from your place. See if I can't be to your place ~ 1 or a little earlier.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good to me, looked @ Google Maps & it doesn't look like it's more than 13-14 miles from your place. See if I can't be to your place ~ 1 or a little earlier.
works for me. You can ride in the back with shadow. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great Gunner.  1 sounds good to us.  Looking forward to seeing both of youse. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we had another dog disagreement this morning.  Cooper just pushes Buddy and bumps him to control what he does and finally Buddy gets tired of it and lets him have it.  Happened this morning in the bedroom.  Just going to get up and all hell breaks loose.  Sounds a lot worse than it actually is.  All is well now and Cooper is being nice to Buddy again.  No new nicks on him. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we had another dog disagreement this morning.  Cooper just pushes Buddy and bumps him to control what he does and finally Buddy gets tired of it and lets him have it.  Happened this morning in the bedroom.  Just going to get up and all hell breaks loose.  Sounds a lot worse than it actually is.  All is well now and Cooper is being nice to Buddy again.  No new nicks on him.
  :rotflmao: dogs must be on the same wave length!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :doah: my 2 where at at this morning to!!!!!!! :confused: unfortunately the 14 year old sheltie doesnt have much for teeth up front so its like she just gums him and doesnt phase him.  :banghead: :banghead:

i even had to get out the collar yesterday.....shadow was a little snot.  :doah: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I told the wife that Shadow has been a terror the last few days too.  Same as Cooper.  Interesting.  They are both outside like best friends now. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't bring Cooper or Buddy on the Sturgeon adventure.  He evidently got mad and got up and took a full loaf of bakery bread off the counter and he and Buddy ate the whole loaf.  He also took the wash rag off the sink.  He is in his kennel now.  No noon meal for him today.   :angry2:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS....kids eh? he'll suck up to dad later,that's what they do....pretty soon if not already he'll mope around with his "guilty" look and crawl up in your lap,and of course you'll give in.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are at that stage now Snow.   LOL

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
lol,little shete head has your # already,you and glenn both ,couple softies.I ain't any better infact even tho my boy get's the hair on my neck to stand up when he miss behaves I understand that's what golden retrievers do,they get in to trouble,my boy is 8 years old and acts like a pup still,sunday he was chasing a butterfly for cripes sake...lol

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for him.  Must make him happy.  Sounds like a puppy thing.   :happy1:  Dogs that know how to push our buttons are usually pretty smart dogs.  They are reading us as much as we read them.  I like that.  Most of my dogs have just turned out to be great dogs and great friends. I used to put a lot of effort into making a hunting dog because my passion was field geese and ducks on water.  Had a 16' johnboat with a 25 Yamaha.  Was great to bring dogs in it.  The dogs all got good doing both types of hunting too.  I kept if fun but also serious.  We all loved it.  Now my dogs only purpose is to be my friend and to be as respectful of me as I am with them. 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Good post. You hit the nail on the head as far as my dog experience goes

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
His first boat ride. He found his spot to sit.  Right by the motor. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and he didn't jump in???  cool!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He got up and down from there a few times.  Got pretty comfortable so I just left him alone to figure it out.  You can see the slot on the white cutting board material.  I open that and there is a stainless steel sink.  Good for cut baits for trout or catfish and I can put my crawlers in there on ice to keep them cool.  Also a wash down hose right below it so I can wash my hands there too.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great lps!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang LPS, how long did he sit there?? Only time shadow might sit still is if he's sleeping???🥴 :confused: :rotflmao:

And he looks to be bigger than shadow.  :scratch:

That collar looks green  :scratch: hope that's not a packers collar. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/13/21, 11:51:44 AM by glenn57 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lookin pup LPS,suprised he'll hang with ya after you had him snipped,lol I would piss on your leg for starters.... thanx for sharing his first boat ride,they grow up fast.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks all.  I just let him sit there when I am idling around.  When I get moving he gets right up front to feel the wind in his hair.  Like I used to.  LOL  I feed him 4 1/2 cups of food a day Glenn.  So 1 1/2 morning, noon, and supper time.  Per what the bag says.  When they get 8 months we start backing it off some.  By then I may start him on the adult food.  When I am done with this 40 lb bag I will do that.  I will get Buddy adapted to the same food.  Doing 2 kinds is way too much stress.  LOL  I used to have these lure wraps that I could put on my lures so they don't tangle and I need to buy or make some so I can wrap my crankbaits before he grabs one.  He keeps handing me my bags of Berkely plastics that I forgot I even had.  He found them.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a 5 gallon bucket left of the large breed puppy food yet. I made the executive decision that when that is half gone, I'm going to mix that with the maintenance dog food and when that's gone it will be all maintenance dog food.

I feed him 2 cups twice a day, plus whatever the hell else he eats I don't know about. :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a better pose from Cooper.  He does spend a lot of time up there.  Just watches the geese, gulls and other boats go by. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's cool. I can't imagine mine sitting that still. :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do have the advantage of him watching Buddy do things and then he does it too.  That really helps.