Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 56547 times)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Im definitely not a Packer fan, but Iā€™m kind of glad they had a good showing in the last few weeks. Considering the stink that Karen Rodgers made when they drafted Love, it makes him look like an even bigger ass.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, Purdy struggled throwing the ball all game until the last drive when he was 6/7. :scratch: Guess he's never liked throwing a wet ball, even in college. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Lots of chirping by the Packer fans again after not being able to find them prior to week 15 with a search team of St. Bernards. They closed the season well but despite that weren't they like 10-9 for the whole year? Last year the Vikings had a good record and the wheels fell off this year for them. If Cousins stays with the Vikings the Packers are no closer to the Belichick Super Bowl Trophy than the Vikings.

As a final thought on this post... weren't the Green Bush fans calling for the head coach & d-coordinator to be fired DURING the season?   :laugh:
TIP line: ā€‹ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Lots of chirping by the Packer fans again after not being able to find them prior to week 15 with a search team of St. Bernards. They closed the season well but despite that weren't they like 10-9 for the whole year? Last year the Vikings had a good record and the wheels fell off this year for them. If Cousins stays with the Vikings the Packers are no closer to the Belichick Super Bowl Trophy than the Vikings.

As a final thought on this post... weren't the Green Bush fans calling for the head coach & d-coordinator to be fired DURING the season?   :laugh:
YES THEY WERE!!!!1 :rotflmao:

now there screaming the NFL is fixed and rigged it for the 49ers to win!!!!! :doofus: :thumbs:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Waah!!!!!!! :cry:           ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Wide right!!!  :doah: The 1st time it was heard was in SB 25 in '91 but it's still the 2 most hated words in Buffalo Bills playoff history.  :crazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had fun watching games this weekend until the last minute.  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Knew there'd be at least 1 upset plus it's usually pretty hard for me to bet against Mahomes & Company, so I took KC. Seems like they kind of have the Bill's # too.
« Last Edit: January 01/22/24, 10:25:14 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It was certainly a back and forth game.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kicked my own ass for betting against Mahomes but I do like Allen too.  Big tough guy.  Would love to have him here.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's hard not to like how he plays but he his new deal was right there with Mahomes' when he signed it back in August of 2021. :scratch: Not sure he could've got that here. Josh Allen and the Bills have agreed to a six-year contract extension through 2028, the team announced Friday.

The total value of the deal is $258 million, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, who reported on Inside Training Camp Live that it will average $43 million per year, with more than 50% of the money guaranteed. Allen receives $150 million in total guarantees and $100 million fully guaranteed upon signing, which are each the highest in NFL history.
With all the incentives it could be worth $288 mil.  :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is a lot of money. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just think of all the stuff he could buy at Amazon or wallyworld! :rolleyes: :bonk: :rotflmao: :bonk: :rotflmao:

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you got that right!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
just think of all the stuff he could buy at Amazon or wallyworld! :rolleyes: :bonk: :rotflmao: :bonk: :rotflmao:

:scratch: He'd probably even have enough left over to buy a new battery for his pickup too. :sleazy: :evil:    ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like the Bill's fans and organization is rivaling the Eagle's for reaching new lows.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't you think Josh would jump it a time or two to save money like Glenn???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:scratch: He'd probably even have enough left over to buy a new battery for his pickup too. :sleazy: :evil:    ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have we mentioned yet that this is Mahome's 6th season in the NFL and it is his 6th time in the AFC Championship game?!?  Isn't that unreal?  Just heard it and didn't realize that. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's cool. That's also why I am struggling with who to pick yet.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And the Chefs keep winning despite paying Mahomes record breaking money.

Kapt. Kirk says all the right things, but it doesn't bode well when the Vikes hope to get the home town discount when agents are involved.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Are the Wilfs clamoring for a hometown discount or the fans?

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Wilf's hometown is in New Jersey. Why should they give a home town here? :confused:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Are the Wilfs clamoring for a hometown discount or the fans?
Call it what you will...  Teams are always looking for the most-team friendly deal they can make.

As a fan, I like to see the GM have as much flexibility with contracts and salary cap as possible to be able to make the team better.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No agent involved in Lamar Jackson's new $260 mil/5 yr deal as he's never had 1 & the Ravens are most people's pick to win it all. They have been very good in the draft though as 1/2 their starters have came since the 2020 draft.
« Last Edit: January 01/25/24, 01:16:24 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Falcons have hired former Ram's DC, Raheem Morris, as their new HC.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And you all have heard that Harbaugh will be the new Chargers coach. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
My point was I haven't read anything from the Vikings or Wilfs that they expect a hometown discount. As far as I can tell it's just the fans that think Cousins should take a hometown discount. Again, I don't expect him to give one nor do I think he should. I think he should be paid whatever the market will bare.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I believe the whole hometown discount thing originated in Foxboro & it wasn't the team's idea either. TB12 went to them with the contract restructuring idea as he wanted another ring more that he wanted more $.
« Last Edit: January 01/27/24, 07:30:00 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Tommy wanted them to afford good players around him too with the discount money. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
And I believe it worked for him too.