Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 143054 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep.  I didn't know about her spring training home run calls before her first game in the regular season, so I really appreciated her "You better call your Mama right now, Sir!" home run call for Trevor Larnach's home run.  It is unapologetically feminine and I applaud her for that. 
 :Clap:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Twins utility player Willi Castro added to All Star game. Willies first All Star Game. Taking the place of injured Jose Altuve of Houston. :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/11/24, 05:59:52 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Detroit holds Cleveland to 3 hits & beats them 10-1, so the Twins pick up a 1/2 game setting on the sidelines. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins lose 7-1. SWR goes tonight @ 6 on Fox. Stewart to start rehab in St Paul on Tuesday. Miranda scratched just before the 1st pitch & Farmer to the 10-day.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I had the radio on but wasn't paying close attention. Seems like Ryan didn't have his best stuff but the Twins also left a pile of guys on base when they failed to get a clutch 2 out hit.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, dutchy, too much of the plate on some of his pitches & they didn't miss 'em. A couple long innings early on didn't help. They had 10 hits, 10 LOB & were 1-11 w/RISP. :rolleyes:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
This west coast swing could be a tough one. I'm guessing the players are looking forward to a break over the all star game.

As long as they don't revert to striking out at a horrendous rate again they will be ok. Over-all the pitching to this point has held up better than I thought as the starters consistently are getting deeper into games. Remember a few years ago, Rocco was in the bullpen in the 3rd and 4th innings every 3 out of 4 games. That doesn't work over the long haul of a season. I'm still old school where you ride your best pitchers as deep into a game as possible. If your starters weren't your best pitchers wouldn't they be relievers?  ;)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Back in the win column, 4-2.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Paddack goes today @ 3. Miranda to be put on the IL so they're calling up an infielder, Castillo, today as well.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Whats up with Miranda and whats the word on Lewis's return?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Miranda went on the 10-day effective today with a low back strain & Lewis is still listed as on the 10-day effective 7/3 with a right abductor strain.  So, he should be able to return after the ASG unless they change his status during the break.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does Miranda still have his hitting streak going before he got hurt?

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
No.....ended at 12 at bats. Tied longest since 1952.
« Last Edit: July 07/14/24, 03:28:11 PM by KEN W »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins score 2 in the top of 9th to tie the game. Giants score in the bottom and win 3-2.

Paddock was good, Snell was very good.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Near the end of today's game Provus said they asked Rocco before the game about who would be back the earliest........................ Lewis(7/3), Martin(7/7), or Kirilloff(7/6). He told 'em that he thought Martin would be back 1st, then Lewis, & Kirilloff last.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is 7/15 today.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :oops1: I should've explained myself better, LPS. :sorry: The dates in parenthesis are the dates that those players went on the 10--day IL. :doofus:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The ASG HR Derby with its new rules is tonight & the ASG itself is tomorrow. There are no games scheduled now until Friday. The Twins don't play until Saturday when they start a 2-game series at home against Milwaukee @ 6.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They've managed to ruin the All Star game for me also. It will be a week off of baseball for me. Maybe some Twins players will be back by Saturday.

After a slow start they have managed to crawl back into the race with Cleveland. If they can remember that it's bat to the ball contact that got them here they will be ok.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure messes up the program for us fans. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The ASG HR Derby with its new rules is tonight & the ASG itself is tomorrow. There are no games scheduled now until Friday. The Twins don't play until Saturday when they start a 2-game series at home against Milwaukee @ 6.

New rules...

Time limit

In years past, hitters could see an unlimited number of pitches within the time limit. In 2024, the rule has shifted significantly: Now, hitters will either see 40 pitches or hit for three minutes — whichever mark comes first — for both the first round and semifinal rounds.  The finals will be two minutes long, or 27 pitches, whichever comes first.

Bonus period

Then there's the bonus period, which also has been overhauled in 2024. The old format gave hitters an automatic extra 30 seconds of hitting onto the end of their turn, with hitters able to earn up to 60 seconds if they hit two home runs of 440 feet or more during the regulation period.  Now, the bonus period is untimed and grants hitters extra pitches. Each hitter receives an unlimited number of pitches until three outs (non-home runs) are reached. If a batter hits a home run of 425 feet or further in the bonus period, they receive a fourth out with which to work.

Those guys are all smarter than me, but I would rather see a 40 swing limit (or some other number), rather than 40 pitches.  I know the hitter gets to pick their pitcher, but I've seen some pitchers struggle to consistently put the ball where the hitter wants it.  So for me, it would be a time limit on top of a max swing limit.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Keep an eye out for "Zebby" Mathews, a RH starter just promoted to the Saints. He's 6'5" & 225 #s, with a 96 mph FB that reaches 99 at times. He has 91 SO to just 6 BB in 78 innings & has only allowed 3 HRs. https://twinsdaily.com/news-rumors/twins-minor-league/here-comes-zebby-twins-hottest-pitching-prospect-reaches-triple-a-r16

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lopez gets the start today.............Brewer's @6.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
As expected Correa to the 10 day DL for his faucitis (sp)

Will it be Lee or Castro at shortstop? :confused:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Also Paddack on 15 day disabled list. Right forearm strain.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Bullpen gags another one away 8-4. Tied 3-3 going into the 12th.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish Okert would've let Lee field that last bunt because he probably would've let it roll foul. :pouty: Game was still tied then & you never know what might happen. :scratch: An announced attendance of 41,679 a record for baseball at Target Field. Some nice glove work by Julien yday too.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Western Wisconsin is always good for attendance when their team doesn't suck.

Glad you were able to watch the game, I'm still doing the radio thing. Got into a war movie last night so didn't pay much attention to the game but wasn't a bit surprised they lost in extra's again.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, we could use some more depth out in the bullpen. Alcala, Jax, & Duran have been pretty steady out there, but they can't go every day or more than 1 inning very often. Having 2 of our biggest run producers out at the same time hurts. They need somebody else like Buxton, Kepler, or Larnach to get hot.
« Last Edit: July 07/21/24, 12:34:42 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Mauer gets inducted into the HOF today. The whole ceremony will be carried on XM radio channel 89 beginning at 12:30 if anybody has XM.

Congrats on a heck of a career, you deserve this!!   :Clap:   :toast: