Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115172 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The outer band is just now getting close.  I've been watching that front inch closer on Wunderground.com | Wundermap all day.

I took a bit of time just now to run around the yard with mower bagger to suck up the leaves that were down.  That will be a couple bags-worth of wet, sopping leaves I won't have to rake.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are the man!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't blame ya Steve!!!   that's why I mowed Tuesday...  nothing here...   still hoping...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
When I posted up "outer band getting close" yesterday, it took 2 and a half more hours before it started to sprinkle.  Been raining since.  Its a soaker.  Glad the evergreens (and everything else) will get one, last, good drink before the frost.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my guess is that the rain started here well after midnight...  just guessing cause when I got up about 2am I didn't hear any rain.. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
2.1" here so far. That wind sure howled last night.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
roony always gets more rain than we do. Shouldn't have to fill the birdbath for the wrens so often now... :doah:

With the additional .16" since the gauge was checked at 8 a.m., storm total in Bugtussle now stands at 1.66". A tad more at the ranch if the radar this morning was any indication. Had 1.27" there as of 7:30 a.m. & added another .21" since then for a total of 1.48". Even saw a few nightcrawlers on the road when I came home a few minutes ago.
« Last Edit: October 10/13/23, 02:37:33 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the rain gauge, we got about 1.5 inches of rain...   ground sure soaked it up nicely!!!   

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
2.25" here.  :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the rain gauge, we got about 1.5 inches of rain...   ground sure soaked it up nicely!!!

You get all of the good rain. I dumped out .60" out of rain gauge here. :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had an additional .01" at the ranch this a.m. from some overnight sprinkles. Skies appear to be clearing somewhat. I feel a car cruise coming on..🚘
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 No rain here!! :sleazy: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
None here neither.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That north wind is picking up here.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is sunny and a beautiful day here.  I would go fishing except I just looked and there is a big front headed towards us from the Winnipeg area.  Should be raining here within an hour. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you and yer rain...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Radar shows us getting rained on.  I am here to tell you it is not raining.  Yet.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS can have a fire via his puter! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn's weather terrorist buddies have been screaming about rain here all day. I'm betting the Mine Centre kiddos were out for recess just like normal today.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/20/23, 11:49:18 PM by Dotch »

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
These weather guys have really been missing it.  Called for mid 50s today and it was 71.  Called for 10-15 mph hour wind and it was mostly calm all day.   Called for partly cloudy skies tonight and its raining.

So let me give it a shot.  I'm going fishing tomorrow so here is the forecast.  It will be mostly cloudy with temps 40-70 degrees.  The chance of rain is probable.  Winds will be 10-30 mph out of the NNW.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
NWS: Perfect. You're hired. :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a fine mist here and it just turned to light rain.  Good excuse for me to sit on my ass and have another cup of coffee. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
clouds sure rolled in the last hour or so..  going to be a windy afternoon for sure... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
clouds sure rolled in the last hour or so..  going to be a windy afternoon for sure...
not stopping me from my  :toast: and  :campfire:.... I think!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We're lots of showers rolling across the lake but looks like they're out of here this afternoon. Hope so. We've got some screwing off to do!  :rotflmao: Actually we do need to get the overhead tank in the sauna filled & fire that up so we can shower. We'll atart to get gamey pretty quick otherwise 🦨

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got winter weather warnings of up to 6" of wet snow Wed thru Sun in NE ND and maybe into NW MN.  Hope it stays west of us.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a closer look and starting Fri our highs will be in the 30's for a week or so.  Lows in the 20's.  I may do a Gunner and get the boat out too.  Tired of doing it when there is ice on the shorelines.  Sad deal but sure is a good feeling to have it done.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We're getting out of here about the right time. Things start to get ugly with mentions of snow here 28th - 30th in Flanders & environs. A mention of snow in the Bugtussle forecast Saturday nite into Sunday & not much good temp-wise after that. Could be the end of a nice fall.  :pouty:
« Last Edit: October 10/23/23, 08:36:52 AM by Dotch »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Pulled and cleaned the rain gauge. Found a dead wren in it! I guess that's why it seemed like i always got all the rain.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Pulled and cleaned the rain gauge. Found a dead wren in it! I guess that's why it seemed like i always got all the rain.

you and you wrens!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: