Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115133 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a light dusting overnight here. Waseca County is still in a Warning but I noticed they changed Blue Earth county to the west of us to an advisory. Less is better in my opinion.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
As of 8:45 Friday morning, I can still see grass in the yard. Wind is blowing the snow a bit but not much change in traffic on the state highway. Just saw a MNDoT plow heading east, no blades down. It was 5° at last check.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
All but the NE corner of the state is now under the Blizzard Warning.
another really really good place for it!!!!         :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:            :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He is talking Iowa right?   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He is talking Iowa right?   :sleazy:
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: yea......why yes i am!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut:  :mooning: Only ~ 3" last I looked around noon but the wind had been 25 mph all day & is picking up. They're talking gusts to 45 starting mid-afternoon & lasting 'til midnight. :rolleyes: Don't worry glenn, you'll get yours  :moon:...................  I can see 1 coming your way the next time you
 start to load your truck. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:              ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 01/12/24, 01:34:21 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
They dropped the WSW here and made it a Winter Weather Advisory until tomorrow sometime
 It hasn't snowed a lot here. Hsrd to say how much the way rhe wind is blowing. Maybe a strong inch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut:  :mooning: Only ~ 3" last I looked around noon but the wind had been 25 mph all day & is picking up. They're talking gusts to 45 starting mid-afternoon & lasting 'til midnight. :rolleyes: Don't worry glenn, you'll get yours  :moon:...................  I can see 1 coming your way the next time you
 start to load your truck. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:              ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i've already looked at the extended for the next trip north. granted its not for the whole lentgh of time, and iffin ya can actually believe the extended???? looks to be pretty nice up there!!!!!1 :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yer presence up there should change all that... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer presence up there should change all that... :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :mooning: didn't have issues with weather  last week.  :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Murky though

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's like pattern baldness. It skips a week... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Murky though
:pouty:  He ALWAYS has something to  :violin: :cry: about!!!!  :sleazy: :evil:  :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 01/12/24, 07:00:01 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :pouty: you call it whining,  crying  I'm calling it just stating the facts  :mooning: :confused: :coffee:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Maybe it's my age, but the wind is miserable.

Had a couple of guys from Iowa were suppose to come buy my boat today. They smartly put it off until a week from tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is better by then.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i agree dutchy. i can generally tolerate the colder temps..........but add that wind it sucks!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
snowing here now!!!1

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :pouty: you call it whining,  crying  I'm calling it just stating the facts  :mooning: :confused: :coffee:
  :scratch: Well, I remember that there used to be a guy here who called you Squeaky a lot too, because you were always squeakin. :mooning: :popcorn:         ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got that right!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Much like yday by about noon, 511ia has the southern 3/4 of the state as a No Tow Zone. That doesn't include us but there's very little moving here either.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Well, I remember that there used to be a guy here who called you Squeaky a lot too, because you were always squeakin. :mooning: :popcorn:         ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: just adding valuable input and usefull information.......... :moon: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like we added another 3.7" of snow to the .8" we had yesterday so roughly 4.5" storm total. Been in a snow squall right since I finished chores. Forecast says possibly another inch. While not as much perhaps as initially forecast, it's still enough to be a PITA. Some pesky drifts to contend with. One elm tree out here makes a squeaking noise when the wind blows. I always think to myself, who does that remind me of?  :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just went out and cleaned the sidewalk, decent drifts in front of the garage too...  they can wait...   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
just went out and cleaned the sidewalk, decent drifts in front of the garage too...  they can wait...   
Same here, ~5" out front where it hadn't drifted much. Kind crusty though & still had 25 mph NW wind so I took 3-4 breaks. Still was done in < 1 hour. Probably could've waited but glad we didn't. :happy1: :cool:

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Wind is kicking up here.  Coming right off the lake and it's just plain cold!!!! 
« Last Edit: January 01/13/24, 11:08:01 AM by Scenic »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's not throwing in the towel yet here. Still snowing with visibility ranging from a couple hundred feet to half mile. Sheep come out & eat hay a while then back in the barn when they get full or sick of the weather. Wife was going to a State Fair meeting tomorrow. Figured I'd clean the driveway out later this afternoon but she's prolly opting out of the gathering.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still windy and some drifting snow too..