Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115123 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Made 74 at the ranch a little bit ago. Sun comes out it warms up. Clouds over & temp drops.  Imagine that... 🤔:coffee:
« Last Edit: March 03/03/24, 02:12:15 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some sun here too and hit 61!!!  nice out side day!!  a b it windy...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Steady winds near 30, gusts must be 45-50 & it's 75. The fire alert has now turned in to a Red Flag Warning.
« Last Edit: March 03/03/24, 02:48:47 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a wild fire down by Waseca now...   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea its windy as hell......cleaned  the truck out of shadows dog hair though!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
KC.
I hear of a big grass fire North of Waseca happening.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
according to bring me the news there's a fire down there!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wind has been wild here all day long.  Will be some branches to burn after this.  That is a good thing.  Like to see them down.  Have 2 or 3 widow makers that I can't get down so hope they are casualties.  They say 20 gusting to 35.  I think it is mostly a gust.  Light mist here too. Just dropped to 36 from the high of 37.   
« Last Edit: March 03/03/24, 03:15:31 PM by LPS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
according to bring me the news there's a fire down there!!!!!!

that's where I read it too..    :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
NE of Waseca. All kinds of wetlands & stuff out there. Used to be a lot of canarygrass seed harvested in that neck of the woods once upon a time.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/local-news/fire-crews-battling-large-grass-near-waseca/

Hopefully they got it under control. 45 mph wind gusts out of the SW at Waseca ~ 2:30 p.m.
« Last Edit: March 03/03/24, 04:07:08 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nasty video Dotch... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nasty video Dotch...
not near as nasty as some of the emails i get!!!!!! :rotflmao: :confused:

yea seriously hope they can get that under control soon!!!!! :confused:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Dotch, this isn't close to you, I hope.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Heckuva fire.  Good luck and thanks to all.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's been pouring rain here for awhile now.  Really coming down. Still 36 and I am glad about that.  Would have been a lot of snow.  Nice spring rain.   :sleazy:
« Last Edit: March 03/03/24, 07:55:19 PM by LPS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Nope, prolly 17 or 18 miles to the north & the wind was strong out of the SW. Purty safe here.  :cool:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like over 1000 acres and 2 homes lost....  another fire by Fergus Falls too.. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Big slough area. There are some houses scattered around out that side of Waseca so no surprise. Wouldn't have taken much to get a fire going and out of control yesterday.

Topped out at 74 at the ranch with 73 in Waseca, Owatonna & Albert's Leaf. No ice on St. Olaf Lake this a.m. when I went by. Reputedly went out yesterday with the wind. Saw earthworm castings by the main barn yesterday morning and more robins flying around. Sheep were grazing on the hillside this a.m. Enough green grass to keep their interest already. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Waseca fire dept says no structures damaged. Two firefighters were treated and released. One resident was injured. I can understand the false information on Fakebook but there is no excuse for news outlets reporting untrue information.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Waseca fire dept says no structures damaged. Two firefighters were treated and released. One resident was injured. I can understand the false information on Fakebook but there is no excuse for news outlets reporting untrue information.

I see they changed the report to no houses burned...  thanks roony!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

They sure didn't check their sources did they? 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Nope, prolly 17 or 18 miles to the north & the wind was strong out of the SW. Purty safe here.  :cool:
It was within a mile or two of the warden's home farm but the wind was blowing it away from there.
Still it was a relief to get back and see things there were fine.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
See? There is fake news!  :coffee:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/developing-wildfire-erupts-near-waseca?utm_source=Bring+Me+The+Newsletter&utm_campaign=bfa465cfaf-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2024_03_04_02_54&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-bfa465cfaf-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D

From Albert's Leaf Trbune:

By Cari Spencer and Nicole Ki, Minnesota Public Radio News  Wildfires in southern and western Minnesota burned hundreds of acres on Sunday amid warm weather, gusty winds and low humidity.  A wildfire ignited north of Waseca around noon Sunday, swelling to more than 500 acres by late afternoon as it spread across fields and wetlands, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.   Email newsletter signup Sign up for our daily email newsletter  KARE 11, citing officials in Waseca County, reported the fire was under control Sunday night after burning an estimated 1,000 acres. There were no immediate reports of injuries or structures damaged. More information is expected on Monday.  Meanwhile, in western Minnesota, the Fergus Falls Fire Department reported that a fast-moving wildfire in Western Township, southwest of Fergus Falls, burned more than 1,000 acres on Sunday. Officials said it was contained as of Sunday night, with Minnesota DNR and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service crews monitoring areas that were still smoldering.  Waseca wildfire In southern Minnesota, 12 fire departments responded to the fire near Waseca, with support from both the DNR and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Two aerial planes were dispatched to lay down fire retardant, said Leanne Langeberg, a public information officer with the Minnesota Interagency Fire Center. A helicopter also responded.   According to a dispatcher at the Waseca County Sheriff’s Office, as of late Sunday afternoon, a few houses were evacuated, but no houses were impacted by the fire.  The fire started as a small brush fire, growing amid ideal fire conditions. Sunday’s weather conditions prompted officials to issue the first red flag warning of the year in Minnesota, signaling ideal conditions for flames to easily spread quickly out of control.  Langeberg said the season’s first red flag warning usually is not issued until a few weeks into March, but the lack of snow cover this winter spurred an earlier warning.   “If we continue on the drier pattern, we’re likely to have a more active spring wildfire season this year,” said Langeberg. “What we’re seeing this time of year is a lot of the grasses that were left over from last year are now once again exposed and they’ve had the whole winter to dry out in here. And when you get a heat source that touches down on those grasses, a fire can ignite.”  The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency issued an advisory Sunday, saying the wildfire could affect air quality along the Interstate 35 corridor as far north as the Twin Cities. Shifting winds later pushed the smoke to the east.   MORE NEWS  Repairing ‘damage’ or perfecting policies? Fix bills take center

Read more at: https://www.albertleatribune.com/2024/03/waseca-wildfire-swells-to-more-than-500-acres/?utm_source=albertlea_newsletter&utm_medium=email

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Another black mark for Eli.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wm. Randolph Hearst Jr.?  :coffee: :scratch: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/04/24, 01:56:45 PM by Dotch »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A light drizzle here ~ 9:45 when I went out & some graupel a bit after 11 when I peeked out.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It still blows me away in this state sometims how much difference there is in say jb's neck of the woods vs. here in the banana belt. Lakes have been open since Sunday while he's moving his fish house out of snowbanks. 🤔 We'll get back to reality here Thursday nite thru Saturday, with lows in the low 20's & highs in the the low 40's.  Some lite precip expected. Then it's game on again, with highs in the 50's & 60's into next week.  :cool: Could be mowing lawn here in March. Hell, we plant radishes in January!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/06/24, 10:34:00 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It still blows me away in this state sometims how much difference there is in say jb's neck of the woods vs. here in the banana belt. Lakes have been open since Sunday while he's moving his fish house out of snowbanks. 🤔 We'll get back to reality here Thursday nite thru Saturday, with lows in the low 20's & highs in the the low 40's.  Some lite precip expected. Then it's game on again, with highs in the 50's & 60's into next week.  :cool:
yep it is kinda crazy. in my travels to the cabin most my life its almost like 3 different weather zones.

seems like from home here in Cold Spring to Brainerd its about the same.  then from Brainerd to maybe Remer, for sure Deer River you notice a change, and even from Deer River to the cabin is different.

everything from snow totals, to ice on the lakes, to trees budding, to how the underbrush and grass looks!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A few years after we moved here I was on the ice fishing without a house at the end of the season and I hear a motor running.  Here it was a house right across the river from us.  He was mowing his south facing lawn.  Like I said I was sitting on a bucket ice fishing.   :confused:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Right. It is a good thing I like winter. They can be long up here.
Hey look your bobber is up!