Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO Question of the week.  (Read 60389 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
                                                                    Monday, July 2nd

Do you do any volunteer work in your local area? (Civic organizations, Church, Non-Profits, School, etc...)

Yes, I volunteer my time everyday taking care of some of you bozos on this site!!!

I hear that Spinach...being one of your personal bozo's I feel I am also helping/b.s.ing with the other bozo's here...but enjoying every minute of it!  Boy, I sure have lot's and lot's of fun here.  So just want to say "thanks" for helping us bozo's out!  gg

I enjoy it too! You all do a pretty good job of keeping me inline too.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
                                                                    Monday, July 2nd
Do you do any volunteer work in your local area? (Civic organizations, Church, Non-Profits, School, etc...)

I help out my local boy scout troop.  Last year I built them an enclosed trailer-it isn't anything fancy-but it definetly does the job!  Now they can haul all their gear when they go to camp outs.  Much of the cost of this trailer (material) was donated-as was my time.  I have close to 200 hours in this from "design" to completion.  The scouts sure appreciate having a dry place to store their gear.  And when they go to camps now, it requires only 2 or 3 vehicles vs 5 or 6 (to haul all the gear plus scouts).

Here it is after getting the "skin" on

And here it is all lit up at night.  I used LED lights all around.

It was the first enclosed trailer I've ever built.  And most likely the last.  It just takes too much time when it's a "one off".  Although the experience I gained will help when I go to build my fish house someday!  :whistling: ::rockon::   

« Last Edit: July 07/13/07, 01:09:10 AM by Woody »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I almost forgot, I went with the scouts once to camp for the weekend to chaparone.  While they were in classes earning their merit badges, I got bored.  So I picked up the axe and began splitting and stacking wood.  A few hours later everyone had returned to the cabin, and were surprised at the stack of wood I created.  The camp director said I had split/stacked enough wood to last at least 2 years!  Apparently I lost track of time!  ;D
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
MNO Question of the day for Sunday July 22.  What brings you to MNO?  Is it the fishing or lake reports?  Is it the hunting tips?  Is it to chat with other like minded outdoors people?  Please share with us what brings you back to MNO?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
No matter what your interest is, theres an expert here who can help you.

Also, there are old posts with great links and info.  I wanted to find something about duck identification so I'd be better educated and looked WAAAYY back and sure enough, there was a post about it with a great link.

ANNNNND everyone here is so cool and friendly its unreal.  Its always a pleasure to log in here and the chat room which I don't do often enough right GG :whistling:

Grute  ::dancinred::
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
No matter what your interest is, theres an expert here who can help you.

Also, there are old posts with great links and info.  I wanted to find something about duck identification so I'd be better educated and looked WAAAYY back and sure enough, there was a post about it with a great link.

ANNNNND everyone here is so cool and friendly its unreal.  Its always a pleasure to log in here and the chat room which I don't do often enough right GG :whistling:

Grute  ::dancinred::
No Grute, not near often enough!  Get back to your crappy work schedule, when YOU kept us all up at  night!!   ;D

I came here through CraigsList and just never left.  This site has just everything that I am interested in and I also enjoy reading new and old post.  Some nights if I am bored I come on and read old post, and before I know it, it's 2:00 a.m.! Time flies when your having fun I guess!  And the people here are just another added bonus, everyone I've talked to has been great, and extremely helpful whenever needed.   This site is absolutely the #1 site I go to just about daily.  It's awesome!  gg

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
The people, the break from real life and the helpfull info. It seams like if I have a question someone here can answer it. Sometimes I even have an answer for someone else. Oh and I like the pics that others post. It is nice to have a place to share our experiences outdoors.
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't add much to what has already been said, just a great site with a lot of great people.

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;D  ::dito ! to what trip just said .
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 THE PEOPLE the chat   the  friends and   the posts  !!!!     
member  # 569

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
MNO question of the day for Sunday August 12.

What is your favorite outdoor activity during the fall?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Walking in the woods looking for signs of this years potential deer harvest, sitting around the fire pit with my family and friends, bike rides along our local trails system on a cool fall afternoon/evening.  ;D
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito  ::dancinred:: ::dancinred:: ::dancinred:: ::dancinred::
member  # 569

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
 ::dito  ::dito
Any fall day is a good day for me!  Hands down, definately my favorite season!  gg

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito ::dito

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
If I had to pick a single favorite, I'd say bow hunting for white tails.  The woods are so peaceful, the temps have cooled a bit, less bugs, and Im involved in an exciting challenge.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Will just go along with Grute

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
MNO question of the day for Sunday August 19th:

What camo pattern(s) do you plan to use during this fall hunting seasons? and why?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
For my normal whitetail hunting here in Southern MN, I use the mandatory blaze orange pattern.

I haven't hunted much besides whitetail in the past, but that will be changing next year with the addition of turkey and pheasant hunting for sure and hopefully get some time for a little duck hunting in as well.
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
when I used to hunt I just used the BDU pattern that the military uses nothing  special but it worked and besides deer dont care what you wear as long as you are still you can hunt in blue jeans or  what ever as i have hunted in blue jeans before  :rock: :rock:

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 BLAZE  ORANGE  FROM HEAD TO TOE.  DONT WANT TO GET SHOT  .   HEHEHEHE      ::rockon:: ::rockon:: ::rockon::

:taz:<:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::50cal::

HOLDEM
member  # 569

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Camo Orange here

:gunsmilie:  ::50cal::  :gunsmilie:
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Camo Orange here also  gg

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ??? real tree oak leaf pattern , dont want to be seen !!
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
MNO question of the day for Sat. August 25th.

What are your plans for this coming Labor Day Holiday weekend?
[/size]
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Headind down to KY to spend the week with family and friends I grew up with.

Grute

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
Work/ Sleep here ..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
We will be getting together with some friends on Saturday afternoon and evening, probably more of the same at our house on Sunday or Monday, along with getting Lil Tree ready to head back to school on Tuesday.    ;)
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
It is the wrong time of the month for my little lady to take time off so the following thur. we hope to head out for another week of camping.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128

What is your favorite model of deer hunting firearm or deer hunting bow and why is it your favorite?

« Last Edit: September 09/01/07, 09:39:31 AM by Outdoors_Realtree »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman