Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO Question of the week.  (Read 60394 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
MNO question of the day Tuesday June 19th.

What was your first car (vehicle)?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Ford Maverick (1978) rusted out, yellow mean looking machine.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ??? 1963 plymouth belvadeer, 318, 3 spd. on the dash ( push button )
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline GOGETTER

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
1947 CHEV COUPE 2DOOR, 6CYL, 3SPEED SHIFTER ON THE COLUMN.
GENO

Offline jonmzak

• Outdoorsman
  • My wife and I
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.  The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. --Sir Winston Churchill

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 1969 galixie 500  sleeper  car . raced  it got 10 sec. out of it on the street .  was a blast !!!

HT
member  # 569

Offline Catwoman

• Outdoorsman
    • Outdoor Adventure Ministries Magazine
57 Chevy Belair yellow and white
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
76 Chevy Monte Carlo
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
41 plymouth buisnessmens coupe, six banger, streit stick on colume. Maybe do 90 with very strong tail wind but held track record on a very windy road were I lived.
« Last Edit: June 06/19/07, 09:02:10 PM by tripnchip »

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
MNO question of the day Wed June 20th.

What was the first gun (other then a BB) that you fired?  and how old were you?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 ???  a luger in 22 cal , and a 12 G. shot gun at age 9 ?    woodchuck
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Some .22s at summer camps and then a Savage 16 guage single shot -- KA-BOOM!!!  Sure seemed like a cannon to me at the time.
Grute

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
 ;D  .22 caliber of my Grandfathers. I think it was his old Winchester. I must have been about 10-11 years old 

:gunsmilie:
« Last Edit: June 06/20/07, 08:11:53 PM by Outdoors_Realtree »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
It was my dads 12 gauge pump and it almost knocked me over.  I was 8-9 years old.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
 BROWNING  22 LR  lever action  when i was 7 . then a 12 guage when i was 8 .....
member  # 569

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
MNO question of the day for Thursday June 21st.

Tell us about your first deer you ever harvested?  (Buck or Doe, gun or bow, how old where you, how big was the deer)?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
SORRY  I NEVER  KILLED A DEER  BEFORE. wanna teach me ???
member  # 569

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I was 14, it was my third year hunting and I shot a 6 pt buck (with a 6mm rifle).
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
OK here's my story.  I was walking down an ATV trail on opening day 2005 bow in hand.  Suddenly I could see a deer rump through an opening in the trees. The sun was shining in that direction and her fur was almost golden and shiny -- a shiney hiney  ;D  So I backed up to the point I could get a good shot at her rib cage.  Took my time since she was standing like a statue.  The moment I let go of the string, I hear a "WIFF" about 10-15 yards to my left and she jumped and ran.  I was sure I hit her because I could hear it.  I immediatly ran to the spot where she stood when I shot her and saw no blood nor my arrow anywhere.  I looked all around and found no blood anywhere.  Doesn't help that Im color blind but nothing was wet either.  So I ran back to the cabin and got a guy to help me.  We came in from the opposite side of the area and started going down trails.  Finally I found her laying in a large pool of blood.  Looked like she didn't bleed out until she laid down.  My buddy helped me field dress her by holding legs, giving advise and taking photos.  Then we ran her into town to get her into the butcher's meat locker ASAP.  This was opening day archery so it was plenty warm out.  So we get there and the lady says "You skun her yet?"  I was dumfounded; I had no idea I was supposed to.  So I told her no I hadn't.  Then she says "You cut her head and hooves off yet?"  Im reelin now! Thinking WHAT THE??  So I told her I hadnt'.  She said well if you want her in my meat locker, you gott get all that off her or she aint comin in.  YIKES!! So now Im desperate to get this unplanned task done.  Well I didn't bring a knife so I had to borrow one from them.  The lady wasn't the butcher so didn't know where everything was but handed me a huge butcher knife.  Well that was ok for the hide but when it came to bones, it was difficult.  She didn't have anything else to offer me and was standing there waiting so I chopped with the knife to get the hoofs off.  The blade didn't fare to well and when the butcher came in, he wasn't any too pleased with me.  I told him my predicament and he said she shoulda known where a saw was.  Charged me a bit more for all the time it took him to repair his blade but didn't have to 86 it otherwise he would have charged me for a new knife.  Well lots of lessons were learned and experience gained.  Next time, I'll ask questions and bring equipment just in case.  Still haven't gotten to that "next time" yet so Im thinkin Im due, hey?

HT, Im not so sure of how great of a "teacher" I could be but be glad to hunt with ya.  Maybe we'll teach each other a few things.  ;D

Grute ::dancinred::

Offline GOGETTER

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Many years ago, I was 14.  Dad, brother, and myself.  High power rifle.
Setting in a ground stand during a drive and 14 deer came running by.  My Stand was between two sloughs on 10 yard wide path.  These deer came by at about 40 mph.  I waited, and then thought that at butt shot was not the way to go.  Took off after the herd and by the time I cleared the hill they were gone.  My dad had shot two deer already so I wanted to get my own. As I turned to return to the stand two more came over the hill and saw me and turned.  Just as the last of the two crossed the fence I fired.  Down she went.  My first deer was a small doe shot through the eye from about 80 yards.  We were done hunting. Dad had shot a large doe and a big buck but I was pretty proud of my little doe.    Geno
GENO

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
                                                                    Monday, July 2nd

Do you do any volunteer work in your local area? (Civic organizations, Church, Non-Profits, School, etc...)
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I do some volunteer work at church and have also taught some Red Cross classes in the past.  Looking into getting my certificate to teach firearms and archery courses for the DNR.
Grute 

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
My wife and I both volunteer at our church for many of the different youth programs and various youth outings, I have volunteered previously on a couple of Habitat for Humanity homes in our area as well. Our free time is alot more limited these days than it used to be so we have to pick and choose what we can help with.  ;)
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
                                               Wed, July 4th

What does Independence Day (or Independence) mean to you?

« Last Edit: July 07/03/07, 10:36:20 PM by Outdoors_Realtree »
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 ???  ;D FREE TO CHOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO OR NOT TO DO AND WHEN AND WHERE AND HOW YOU AND NO ONE OTHER TO TELL YOU HOW OR WHERE OR WHEN OR WHY YOU ARE DOING WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE HECK IT IS BEING OR NOT BEING DONE FOR OR FOR WHOM OR FOR WHAT REASON AND ? need to go on ?? its called choices and only you can make up your mind about freedom and what it means to each of us individually.

::welcome:: to AMERICA

woodchuck
« Last Edit: July 07/03/07, 11:17:37 PM by WoodChuck »

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
                                                                    Monday, July 2nd

Do you do any volunteer work in your local area? (Civic organizations, Church, Non-Profits, School, etc...)
I do volunteer work almost every evening...for hours and hours on end...it is heartwrenching, mindwrenching, bodywrenching work.  I EDUCATE AND ENTERTAIN, night after night after night.  Mind you, I do NOT get paid for all the time I spend volunteering each night.  It just comes right from my heart...it's just the kind of person I am, and I bust my butt each and every night....OH...I'm sorry, I forgot to mention where it is that I volunteer all of my hard working time.  It's........in .......the....ol' WoodChuck Cave....THE CHAT ROOM......!
Those boys really need me there I tell ya....someone's gotta do it though...So I figure, It's my debt to society.  But they should really pay me though ...don't you agree?  Now that would be money Well Spent...I mean I have to be their hunting guide, their fishing guide, their comedian, the english teacher (the spelling in there just get's out of hand sometimes, ya know?), their psychologist (they really need one too), and the list goes on and on...OH Well, I guess, my work is never done...But thats what volunteering is about.  gg

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
                                                                    Monday, July 2nd

Yes, I volunteer my time everyday taking care of some of you bozos on this site!!!
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
                                                                    Monday, July 2nd

Yes, I volunteer my time everyday taking care of some of you bozos on this site!!!

I hear that Spinach...being one of your personal bozo's I feel I am also helping/b.s.ing with the other bozo's here...but enjoying every minute of it!  Boy, I sure have lot's and lot's of fun here.  So just want to say "thanks" for helping us bozo's out!  gg