Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4985197 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I'm with Gunner too on the check out, save's time big time..  first couple time I was very slow, but they are easy...  man was yesterday afternoon great!!   spent the whole time outside and was having a good time.. got my few Christmas lights up out there too..  grilled a couple burgers and brats too...  25 here and hope to see 33 today, way down from yesterday..  have a good day all...    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  25 here right now.  We are done with the turkey.  Got rid of the scraps yesterday.  Mayhaps a steak today.  Not a lot going on and that is ok too.  Could have used a little more sleep but that is not what Cooper had in mind so I'm up.  Coffee is brewing too.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, seen 37 early & it appears 43 will be our high. Lookin like our precip will start as rain on Tuesday afternoon before it changes to snow. Predictions are for ~ 1", so that means we'll probably get 3-4". :rolleyes: Not much very important going on here either. A couple good matchups in the late games today but most of the noon games look like snoozers. :scratch: Not sure who'll I'll be rooting for in GB/Eagles game tonight yet. No more now, hopin your Sunday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here also and only heading for 30 today. Our turkey was great yesterday. We will have left overs tonight. Sending some home with the kids too. Wife already boiled the carcass.  Otherwise coffee is tasting good and need to think about making breakfast. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
C'mon guys. If those jobs (checkouts) go away how will some kids ever repay those college loans. Cripes, it's not like the government would grab your tax dollars and pay them off.

Roll your heeping full carts into the checkout lines and just walk out. They can get a robot to empty the cart and put the stuff on the shelf.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: actually dutchy, those robots are old retired union thugs looking for something to do that would have to put it back on the shelves!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

and didnt some judge put the kabosh to to that loan wipeout plan??????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........turkey legs are hitting the smomer this morning!!!!!!!!!! i boiled up the turkey carcass yesterday!!!!! grilling the bird over charcoal really adds flavor to the soup  :happy1: :happy1:

i'll find some things to putz with.........thinking i need to clean floors today!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Got the corn shock & pumpkins out of the yard & into the pasture yesterday. As soon as I get out of the oval office I'm heading to the neighbor's pasture to pick up the sheep & close up shop there for the season. Then I gotta separate the buck out, pen him up & dump the ewes in the pasture here. As lucrative & glamorous as the sheep business is , mayhaps I could hire someone who needs to pay off their student loan or an out of work cashier to help... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If I lived closer I would work for meat.  Just got done with corned beef hash and two easy over eggs.  Haven't had it in a long time and I was craving it.  Gonna take a bale out to the horses in awhile.  Then watch the Bears game.  Wish the GB game was on earlier. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Early Afternoon peoples,  39 now and I believe that's where it'll stay. Been on the run so far, gots my haircut,  brought mamma's 10 month old car battery in for testing,  yep walked out with a free new one. Picked up some non oxy fir both snow chuckers, gotta change oil on the big one and I'll gas up the little one just to make sure they are ready. Anywho,  enjoy what's left of the weekend ...See ya!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Hunted fairly hard on Saturday, not so much yesterday. Temp was perfect for the deer, sounded like a D-8 Cat walking in the woods the snow was that crunchy, loud and they were running 1/4 of a mile ahead of me. DIL did passed on a small one. Doing a hide run this morning, might be the last one, maybe one more on Thursday. Have a great day, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 and lookin for 37 today..   got some things done yesterday and it wasn't to bad...  I did watch a special on PBIS featuring the Doobie Brothers band, darn good music from them..  over 50 years they have been singing..  got a few things to do today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here and heading for 30 something. Back in the salt mines after the last 4 day weekend of the month. Get to work the full 5 days now. Haven't done that in a month.  :sleazy: Wish it were that way all the time. Well, you boys have a good one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  28 here at the moment.  Wish it would be like that every morning all winter.  Just doing some putzing today.  Staying out of trouble.  Ya the Doobie Brothers have a lot of good music.  Watched some of the GB game.  They were behind 23-34 when I gave up.  Didn't actually watch it all just kept checking in.   Later

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 26* here & hopin to see 46*. Got appt for an oil change at 1 in Clear Lake today & a pkg at FF in Mason City to pick up, so we have a road trip planned. There'll be a few more stops too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.....had a turkey leg and ramwn noodles for lunch........oh man then legs turned out honkey dory!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

taking a road trip to see mom this afternoon. she gotz free apples!!!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Got the sheep home from the kindly neighbor's pasture yesterday. Streamlined chores immensely. Got the wife to her 1st post op appt. Everything looked good from the x-rays, swelling, pain, & infection standpoint. Can cut back on the pain pills which should mean she won't need Barry's stool softener so often. Sorry bud, just had to toss that one in there. 😉
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  42 and feels pretty decent outside, on that note think I'll grill tonight. That's great news Dotch,  she'll be doing cartwheels before you know it!  :happy1: They were forecasting us to get 1-3" tomorrow now bumped it up to 3-5, that's OK we need it, be nice to see the west part of the state get some since it's bone dry out that way. Anywho best get some grub ready...See ya!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's all over the map here!🙄 :crazy: one says 1-3, next one sat it might miss the st cloud area  :crazy: :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey I won't even go into all of the details as to how constipated I was when taking pain pills.  It hurt worse than the pain from the surgery.  I would have taken 5 stool softeners a day if I knew what was coming for me.  Took the fun right out of the pain pills.  LOLOL   Well I feel like a parent.  Now that Dad can't drive he has Mom driving and she can't even walk without a walker.  I told him shame on you for having Mom drive.  It all went well but we had another call from someone that saw Mom pull right out in front of a car in a 30 mph zone on the hwy.  She wasn't even aware of it.   :confused: :confused:   We will see if he lets us sell the car now...   Yes I made a cocktail. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
UFFDA LPS... That's not good! Hope it goes ok!👍

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
How old your mom, LPS?  See if her doctor will give her an independent cognitive assessment test.  If she doesn't pass the test, maybe your doctor can help with the decision to end her driving.  That way it isn't you who is taking away her keys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!!  good luck LPS... 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Long hard day processing deer hides for MDHA. Four of us collected and salted 268 hides today. We finished just as it was getting dark. My arms are tired.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Barry! No fun from any family I know who has been through that. As far as Mrs. Dotch goes, she's lucky that Dr. Dotch has been prescribing that she eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of fluids. Now she's backing off on the pain pills, she's crapping like a goose again!  :shocked: 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from you Delman!   I was watching some sous vide things the other day and wondered how you are doing?

Doing great. Just not that much to say these days.  No grilling or smoking but did sous vide a turkey a few weeks ago.

Did the white meat “turkey to go” style and confited the dark meat. Turned out really well

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just noticed the video on here “early ice walleyes on red lake”. That’s a pretty funny coincidence considering the news.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel your pain Barry. Do all you can for her, you will never regret it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Drs. have turned out to be absolutely no help even they know my parents shouldn't drive.  No help at all.  Even the eye Dr. said my Dad should only drive in the day time with his cataracts... ?????  He shouldn't have driven at all.  Frustrating to say the least.  Will see how they react to my conversation with them.  Absolutely the most wonderful people in the world and the best parents anyone could have.  I love them dearly so hope goes easily.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 22 here and won't be going up much at all today...  a chance of snow but the it's going to be SE of here more so..  getting it in the cities now...  511 will be busy there I'm thinking...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 14 here and heading for 23 today. Cut and loaded woodshed last night. Barry, why doesn't your Dad get his cataracts fixed? It is a simple thing to have done. I have had to have both of mine done and it is amazing how clear things become. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.