Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1515132 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'm surprised you'd eat in a burger joynt.... :shocked:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm surprised you'd eat in a burger joynt.... :shocked:

It's not just a burger joint, it's in-n-out.   Like, you know at micky d's they get out bags of potatoes and dump them in the fryer?  At in-n-out there was a kid with a big pile of peeled potatoes and one of those things that makes them into fries.  He was getting his workout.  Put potato in, pull handle down.   Repeat. and repeat.   

They are like the Platonic Ideal of fast food.   

Menu is burgers, fries, shakes, soda.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just like Snappy Stop! Hotter! Fresher! Faster!  :azn:

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've had In-and-out Burger twice in my life and maybe I'm doing something wrong when I order???  I know there's special ways you can order your burger that aren't necessarily on the menu.  It's good, don't get me wrong, better than your average fast food burger, for sure.  But I'm not blown away by it like a lot of people are. You have to educate me, Del.

I do like their philosophy and they do embrace their fresh and sustainable practices.  But I'd take 5 Guys any day of the week over In-and-Out - similar in their business practice as well.

Same with Chick-Fil-A - Darn good sandwich, but not worth the hype, IMO.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I've had In-and-out Burger twice in my life and maybe I'm doing something wrong when I order???  I know there's special ways you can order your burger that aren't necessarily on the menu.  It's good, don't get me wrong, better than your average fast food burger, for sure.  But I'm not blown away by it like a lot of people are. You have to educate me, Del.

I do like their philosophy and they do embrace their fresh and sustainable practices.  But I'd take 5 Guys any day of the week over In-and-Out - similar in their business practice as well.

Same with Chick-Fil-A - Darn good sandwich, but not worth the hype, IMO.

I would take in-n-out over 5 guys or smashburger any time.   Never been to fatburger or wataburger so I can't comment.   Maybe the 5 guys in Rochester is deficient, since I thought they were good when they first opened but seem to have slipped since then.  Couple of smashburgers here and they are ok.   
Went to shake shack the other day,  pretty good burger but really expensive for what you got.   We had 2 burgers, one with bacon, an order of fries and a soda (and a glass of water) and it was 20 bucks. 

Both chick-fil-a and in-n-out are head and shoulders above the competition in the fast food or even fast casual arena in my opinion.   I would take either of them over Culver's also, depending on what I wanted to order. 

Yeah, In-n-out has the famous secret menu, but I never order that stuff. 

Like Chipotle, some folks rave, me, I went a couple times and it wasn't that great so far as I was concerned.

I don't know what "hype" is worth, when you refer to chick-fil-a.   I don't get what that meant.   To me, a lot of the fast food thing is getting consistently really good tasting food that is fresh and hot in a clean restaurant with good service, and getting it every time I go in.   Most fast food or fast casual places are like 50/50 on meeting that requirement.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't get all the hoopla over a friggin' chicken sandwich..... :confused:  Makes as much sense to me as Mickey's D's filet-o-carp. Isn't it that time of year for those and the shamrock shake to make their yearly appearance? Great combo to arf back up..... :puke:
« Last Edit: February 02/18/18, 04:47:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I made an avacodos shrimp salad tonight....it turned out awesome!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, never heard of that...looks great! (and I see NO sign of those green things in there...) :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Now that's something I've never tried Hd. Looks Good! Not much of a fast food guy here, I'll do a burger joint and a cold beer, but when I eat out I'll order something I usually don't cook up at the house too often.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Making up some chicky soup!!

2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget the parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme!!! Or the carrots and celery and noodles!  :azn:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok so you brought up Culvers.  We were looking forward to hitting one for a long time.  Always seemed to go someplace else instead.  When they opened in Bemidji we made it a point to go and get a butter burger.  Sounds great.  They are probably the worst  fast food burger I have ever had.  The custard is good.  SO I thought we need to go there again, maybe we stopped on a bad day.  The second time we had our grandson  and he had the chicken tenders.  I again had a double butter burger.  Same results.  Ultimate thin burger cooked so well done it was burnt on the edges just like the first time.  Then I paid more attention to the commercial.  Notice how he smashes it so thin and how he has to actually concentrate on scraping the thin burger off the flat top.  Will not stop there again.  So disappointing too.  The chicken was dry and tasteless too.  I just noticed this didn't post due to the pink writing above again.  Well I would rather have a Whopper any day if I am going to have a fast burger.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget the parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme!!! Or the carrots and celery and noodles!  :azn:
ole Glenn gotz his own home made soup mix for that.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
ole Glenn gotz his own home made soup mix for that.

Good boy!! 

Ok so you brought up Culvers.  We were looking forward to hitting one for a long time.  Always seemed to go someplace else instead.  When they opened in Bemidji we made it a point to go and get a butter burger.  Sounds great.  They are probably the worst  fast food burger I have ever had.  The custard is good.  SO I thought we need to go there again, maybe we stopped on a bad day.  The second time we had our grandson  and he had the chicken tenders.  I again had a double butter burger.  Same results.  Ultimate thin burger cooked so well done it was burnt on the edges just like the first time.  Then I paid more attention to the commercial.  Notice how he smashes it so thin and how he has to actually concentrate on scraping the thin burger off the flat top.  Will not stop there again.  So disappointing too.  The chicken was dry and tasteless too.  I just noticed this didn't post due to the pink writing above again.  Well I would rather have a Whopper any day if I am going to have a fast burger.   

Funny abpout Culver's...I rarely eat out, but I've probably eaten at the Culvers in CAWchester about 5 or 6 times. Always had the butter burger, too. They did it great...juicy, thick, soft fresh bun, and fresh toppings. Every time. Goes to show ya how places can differ. We have two Applebee's here, (Don't like them anyway) but the south one is really good, the north one sucks. And you never, ever wanna look in the kitchen at Applebee's to see the "thing" that's cookin' yer food.....
« Last Edit: February 02/19/18, 08:43:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have to agree with LPS, of I eat a fast food burger, whopper is tops...extra pickles too...
« Last Edit: February 02/20/18, 07:21:33 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, don’t forget about the Castle!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, don’t forget about the Castle!

they don't have them out here!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and the one in st cloud just closed!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
is that maid rite still open on old 75???  going towards St. Augusta from 15??

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
is that maid rite still open on old 75???  going towards St. Augusta from 15??
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: dont know.................my wife dont let me go out anywhere?????????? :doah: :doah: :censored: :confused:

actually i dont think so?????? the less time i spend in st cloud......the better i like it!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's why I go to my buddies pub for burgers...yer ever down in CAWchester, I'll take ya there.

http://charlieseateryandpub.com/menu/burgers-sandwiches/

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn that sounds great of Reb to do that for us!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I would! get down here and it's done! Give me 24 hrs notice so I can have Charlie order an extra case of katchup!  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I would! get down here and it's done! Give me 24 hrs notice so I can have Charlie order an extra case of katchup!  :doah:
atta boy REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My bean soup. Looks like I didn't dodge the flu bullet...pounding headache, hurt all over, coughing, chest hurts the last three days.  %$#@!  All this running myself ragged with all this stuff going on, I knew it was gonna happen. So, soup and maybe dunk a salami sandwich in it...that's tonite's dinner.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Venison stroganoff...... yummy!

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Venison stroganoff...... yummy!

dats good stuff!!!!  good eats for ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tonites supper. Chow mein. Katchup didn't make the picture. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just shows how tastes vary, if I'm going fast food Burger King is the last place I'll stop. Once on the way home from the lake we stopped at 1 on the north side of the metro & Dad's burger was still frozen. Not a a fan of most of their menu Kinda like Culver's & the new 1 in GR seems to do a good job, actually more of a Wendy's guy.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta agree with ya there...BK was soggy, sloppy stuff every time I ever went there. Wendy's here wasn't much better. I think it's the kiddies that are making the burgers. Down here, it's all diverse ones. Don't think they've figgered it out yet.  :rolleyes: