Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 115408 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: game................I wasn't so sure they were gonna get it done...................but they found a way.  :cool: :cheerleader:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw a thing last night that of the 12 fastest pitches last year Duran had 11 of them.   :happy1:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nice comebacks against the White Sux. Kepler continues to roll since coming back from the DL. Twins need to finish the sweep  before heading East. Unfortunately Rocco will run the "B" squad out expecting them to win.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It was good while it lasted.  :pouty:

I watched the end of the Twins game and went to bed.  Woke up in the middle of the night, went downstairs, turned on the TV and saw this...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just went and checked mine.  We still have it here.  We are on a regional cable company. Who do you have Steve?  I see Infinity but what is that?  Like Dish?  I read that we should be able to see every game this year but I still wonder.  Just like what happened to you.
« Last Edit: May 05/01/24, 09:00:31 AM by LPS »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I have Comcast (Xfinity)

How Can I Watch the Twins Today? (And Seven Other Questions about the Twins-Bally-Comcast Clustermuck)

Q: So, how the hell do I watch the Twins on TV?
A: Switch to a cable provider or satellite network provider that Bally Sports North is still on. These include Direct TV or Fubo.

Q: I thought all this garbage was solved in the offseason?
A: There was a different dispute in the offseason. In the offseason, the Twins didn’t have a deal with anyone for their TV rights. They came to an agreement with Diamond Sports Group, who owns the Bally channels. This is different. Now Diamond Sports (Bally) can’t come to an agreement with Comcast to have their television channel on Comcast’s cable package.

Q: Can’t the Twins do anything about this?
A: They have been quick to point out that they can’t, but that conveniently ignores that they voluntarily slapped some big golden handcuffs on themselves. They were in a position to influence this just a couple of months ago, but instead, they took a big wad of money from Bally for their TV rights, giving up control of how it would be brought to consumers. (Then, by the way, they pocketed that money and still decreased the team’s payroll by $30+ million, anyway.)  :angry:

Q: That’s it! I’m cutting the cord! How can I stream the games?
A: You can’t, or at least not if you’re in the Twins’ market. Part of the Twins’ current TV rights deal with Bally includes a provision such that they can’t give streaming rights to be sold in-market. In fact, that provision is one of the reasons they were able to get the deal done with Bally.

If you’re not in the Twins’ market or can trick MLB into thinking you’re not with a VPN (virtual private network) or similar tech wizardry, you can subscribe to MLB TV to watch all the games.

Q: So, I’m just screwed?
A: Either you switch providers, or you hope that two large companies resolve this pretty massive face-off. For what it’s worth, both companies should be feeling a fair amount of pain, too.

It sounds like Bally was getting paid $8-10 per month per subscriber previously from Comcast, so they’re likely losing millions per month in revenue just from the Twin Cities market, and they’re still on the hook for paying the Twins for the TV rights. Meanwhile, Comcast, amidst a challenging environment where more and more people are cutting the cord, just dropped the one reason a big chunk of their market still has cable. Those are subscribers who may never come back.

You can also multiply the pain in those companies by roughly 15. This dispute affects all of Bally’s Sports’ 15 regional sports networks, not just Bally Sports North.

Trouble is, since Bally is in bankruptcy, it don't matter if they get money from Comcast or not.  The wheels have already fallen off, and besides the fans being big losers, all they are doing now is arguing in court about who will recoup pennies on the dollar for all the losses.
« Last Edit: May 05/01/24, 09:07:06 AM by Steve-o »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
How long can that summer sausage last?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The reason I switched to cable was to get the Twins games.  We had Dish so were losing the Twins games. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The reason I switched to cable was to get the Twins games.  We had Dish so were losing the Twins games.
You have to follow the part of the story where the Twins front office had a chance to switch to a provider that would be more fan-friendly, but the opted to maximize THEIR profits, slash the payroll, pocket the money, and leave the fans in the cold. 
 :angry2:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."

Same thing here......had Dish and couldn't watch them for a season. Dropped that as soon as  my contract ended. Switched to MidCo Cable to watch them.

The Guide here now says "Bally Sports is no longer available." :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: May 05/01/24, 11:07:25 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup so far so good.  What a way to do business.  I have sort of been reading what I can about it.  They just didn't want anymore companies to have their services.  I think they hoped it would become a big Vegas betting thing that didn't work out for them.  They needed to other companies more than they thought.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins could have started their own broadcasts like other MLB teams did this year and this would not be a problem. Instead they decided to stay with Bally for more money even knowing they were in bankruptcy. Thanks a lot Twins. More money over availability. :thumbs: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: May 05/01/24, 11:26:59 AM by KEN W »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess its not a mystery why Bally is bankrupt - or Bally's parent company (whatever)...  If you pay to much for the product you sell (broadcast rights) and don't get enough revenue from your customers (media providers), its only a matter of time until you go under.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We have Paul Bunyan here & I just checked, we still have BSNOR, so far. But yday, about 5-10 minutes into the Pre-game show the screen went black. It stayed that way for the start of the game too. It was 1-0 & the bottom of the 3rd before I realized they were back on the air. :confused:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Buxton left todays game in the 2nd inning. Very well could be a pulled or strained leg muscle. My guess as a precaution they dump him on the DL for 10 or 15 days.

As far as the games go you can get them on WCCO radio or if you can't get them go on-line and get Audicy. It's free then click on WCCO to hear the games. Don't be extorted to get Bally on FUBU or Directv or Dish.

Years ago (maybe back in the 80's) Carl tried to start his own company called Victory Sports. He never got it off the ground as he wanted way to much money per subscriber. Minnesota sports fans are loyal but not stupid. Next year I'm guessing MLB will offer the games on a subscription for like $20 a month which will be 2 much. For 6 months+ they will want like $129.99 plus I'm guessing a premium if your team makes the play-offs. Much like drugs and sleazy hoe's just say no.   :sleazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Say "no" to boaf o' dem?  :confused: :pouty:

Sorry, if I pay for cable, I ain't paying for separate sports.  If that is the new business model, god bless 'em.  I'm out.  The Twins and/or MLB can be happy getting $2 or $3 or $5 per month from my cable company, or they can be happy getting $0 from me all summer.

Twins, fee free to do whatever maximizes your profits AND/OR energizes your fan base.  You own the team AND your decisions.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If anybody is interested I just posted a article on the Athletic that Hayes wrote regarding Bally vs The Twins. It's posted on IDO.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We switched from Dish to the local cable company to get the Twins.  Worked out well.  I won't pay a penny more to get sports on TV.  We love the Vikes but only if I get it on regular TV too. If they want to show me their product to get me to a game or to buy merchandise fine but it better be included in my cable.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well.....the pohlads.................. :doofus: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins win again today 10-5. 10 in a row. Of course 7 of them have been against the worst team in MLB. The White Sox.

Couldn't watch it... :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Buxton is to have an MRI on his right knee after being removed from today's game, according to ESPN. He's listed as day-to -day right now but I'd bet that'll change, probably as early as tomorrow. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Buxton is to have an MRI on his right knee after being removed from today's game, according to ESPN. He's listed as day-to -day right now but I'd bet that'll change, probably as early as tomorrow. :scratch:
yea..Dutchy's got the old CHINA DOLL  about all teed up!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Oh Glenn.......why would you say that?  :tut:

China Doll has done well playing this long. It's what almost 30 games? He has 100 at bats, a .250 average, 1 homerun & 11 RBI. I never said anything but I didn't see him making a full season, I hoped he would but history (which I believe in) says he wouldn't. He only has  1 year 2017 where he played most of the season.

I hope this isn't serious and he is back in 10 or 15 days but you never know. Now it's time for the next man up be it Martin or Castro or whoever. They have a chance to show what they can do. In the meantime they have won 10 in a row and it's time for the starters to dominate to keep the streak alive.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
With it being a day off today, I wouldn't be too surprised to see that there is no update on Buxton released by the team today. I did, however, read that Royce Lewis will start running next week, so he might be close to coming back.  :scratch: They have him listed as on the 10-day IL as of 4/20.
« Last Edit: May 05/02/24, 07:10:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hoping against hope for a quick resolution to this issue, and came across this...  :angry:

Bally Sports announces new DirecTV deal, to Comcast customers' irritation.  Tone deaf? Maybe just a bit

Twins fans who subscribe to Comcast found their irritation growing even more Wednesday afternoon when Bally Sports excitedly announced a contract extension ... with DirecTV.

"We are pleased to announce that we have just reached a multi-year distribution agreement with DirecTV to continue carriage of Bally Sports," the Bally Sports customer support account announced on social media.

For now, Twins fans (and Minnesota Lynx, Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Wild fans) under the Bally Sports North coverage map, can only watch their favorite teams if they're featured on national TV or via Fubo or DirecTV. That's it. There are no other options.

DirecTV STREAM with Bally Sports North costs $123.98 per month. Fubo with Bally Sports North costs $74.99 per month.

Thanks for nothin' (AGAIN), Twins' front office. 
 :pouty: :thumbs: :angry2:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone here have Arvig TV? My brother who lives in Park Rapids has it and he watched the Twins game yesterday. So this article is not true. There are people outside of Comcast that can watch them. Arvig is out of Perham. I am thinking of changing from Mid Continent which is owned by Comcast.

Also nice that Direct TV has them.....BUT you have to sign a 2 year contract to get Direct TV. I'm not sure I really want to do that. :thumbs:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said before, what a way to run a business.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
It's ALL about $$$$$

Twins took more money to stay with Bally and then cut the payroll $30 Million.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins relief pitcher Matt Bowman was traded to the Diamondbacks Thursday in exchange for cash considerations.

Bowman, a 32-year-old veteran relief pitcher is amidst his best season since 2019. He pitched 7.2 innings in his first season in Minnesota, compiling six strikeouts and a 2.35 ERA.

Arizona sent Minnesota cash considerations to essentially jump the waiver wire, as the Twins were in the process of releasing Bowman because they couldn't assign him to the minors because he is a veteran out of minor-league options.

Necessary to activate Duran from the IR.
« Last Edit: May 05/03/24, 04:54:10 PM by KEN W »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The extra $20 is needed to help make-up that Bally's shortage.