Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377505 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 ::welcome:: storm To the geat site on the web.There is lots of good info here and lots of good people here as well so  ::welcome:: to MNO

Offline Shadow Cat

Hello one and all. I live in Washington and love it. Some people live to hunt and fish, well, I hunt and fish to live! I would go insane if I could not hunt or fish!!! I hope to get to know some of you. I have put a few pics up already of a goose hunt a friend of mine and I went on this year.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 ::welcome:: Shadow Cat I would like to be the frist to  ::welcome:: to MNO you will find lots of info here and you will get lot of info on Minnesota hunting and fishing and you will find lots of geat people here to.I also have see the photos that you post on your and wasnowman snow geese hunt.So  ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: Here

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Shadow Cat..

what do you like to hunt?
and what do you fish for?
I used to stay my summers in AK.. and i know theres great fishing there..
Check out the forums, and join in, i for one would be excited to hear about some of your fishing stories..
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline erik

• Outdoorsman
Hey i'm 37, live in rosemount with my girlfriend of 15 years. lets not go there! ;D  and have a 3 year old daughter.I try to get out and hunt anything i can, as much as i can.

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Hello Erik...
I see you hunt anything you can.. what is your favorite to hunt?
And do you fish and for what?
Please look around the boards, a lot of great info here and good people.
NG
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 ::welcome:: erik  To MNO you will find lot of info here. To get you out hunting and fishing. If you have ? ask and some Answer so  ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

Offline jkrash

• Minnow
I stumbled across this site while hitting up tackle vendors for donations for our muskie inc. fundraiser, you can check it out here; www.arrowheadchapter.com

I run a small resort on Lake Vermilion, I would of came back sooner but this is a busy time of year trying to melt all the ice befor next weekend.

I'll drop by often as the season gets under way.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome to MNO jkrash, look forward to your posts!
whats the name of your resort?

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline jkrash

• Minnow
Hi
Thanks for the welcome, I havn't had much time to explore the site but I'll drop in often this summer.
You can find us here.
www.retreatlodge.com

Offline Black Dog

Hello my name is Corey I live on lake of the woods.  I live for my family, hunting and fishing I have 2 daughters 8 and 4 who spend as much or more time hunting than most adults I know.  they both love fishing of course one would rather ice fish and one soft water but that makes it easier to go do both.  by the way I am 35.  My wife thinks hunting 50 - 60 days a year is too much but she seems to get over it.  (gotta love her)

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 ::welcome:: Black Dog To MNO So what do you like to hunt most of all?

Offline sgttweety

• Minnow
I live in Rosemount in an old house that my wife and I bought 3 years ago so projects around here keep me pretty busy.  When I do get out fishing it is mostly to the St. Croix.  I started fishing the river when I moved here and it has been a learning experience every since. I also have a 3 year old boy and a 9 month old girl who keep me well occupied.  I have been in the Army since 1998 and have been deployed to Kuwait and Iraq.  I am currently working at Ft. Snelling for the Army Reserve.
Hello to everyone and watch that bobber.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 ::welcome:: sgttweety To MNO I would like to thank you for Serves are counter! You will find lot of good info and geat people here.When you out fishing the St. Croix what is the fish you like to  Catch most and why?

Offline jbrown

• Minnow
Just singed up ,hello to all.I live in farmington,with my wife and 11 yo son.I am 45 yo,I grew up in the walker/longville area.(whipholt,actually.)

Offline sgttweety

• Minnow
I mostly go after walleye/sauger  but catching smallmouth is a lot of fun too.  What I love about the river is you never know what you are going to catch.  We have had as many as 9 different species in the boat in one day before.  That always make for an ineresting trip...catfish?walleye?sheephead?whitebass?smallmouth?  you never know until you see it.

Offline DollyGirl

• A very cold day on Mille Lacs but well worth it.
I mostly go after walleye/sauger  but catching smallmouth is a lot of fun too.  What I love about the river is you never know what you are going to catch.  We have had as many as 9 different species in the boat in one day before.  That always make for an ineresting trip...catfish?walleye?sheephead?whitebass?smallmouth?  you never know until you see it.

Offline Jon

• Minnow
Hi folks. I'm an out of state visitor to the site and looks like you folks have a great place here to discuss all the good things that happen in the woods and wild of Minnesota.

I'm an avid outdoorsman and enjoy fishing, hunting, camping and pretty much anything outside but archery is my passion. I shoot competitive 3d and hunt with the bow here in my home state of Delaware as well as the bordering state of Maryland. I've been to many states and Canada to hunt with the bow and rifle.

I belong to another site where I've met a moderator from this site named Don McGruder. He has asked me to come check this one out so here I am.

If you all have any questions or comments about archery that you might need an opinion or comment on, feel free to ask away, I'm always glad to help.

Great being here and seeing what your site is all about.

Jon Burgess
BowTech Pro Staff Shooter
Victory Archery Pro Staff
Vortex Optics Field Staff

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Jon, Thanks for coming on board.  Im sure everyone here will be able to benefit from your knowledge.  You'll be most at home in the archery forum but Im sure you'll enjoy many others as well such as the photography forum.

Don "Grute" McGruder
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline MnSportsman

• Outdoorsman
HIya!
    I live in SE Minn. & am an avid outdoorsman. If I am not working on a construction project as part of my business, I am usually outdoors, doing some fishing, hunting, camping, & the like. I am a member of many outdoors sites on the web , & this one seemed to be one I would enjoy visiting. I thank you for the chance to become a member, & I hope that my membership here will be a long & enjoyable! ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice to have MnSportsman.  Is that the Duck Commander in your picture?   ;D
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline MnSportsman

• Outdoorsman
I apologize General, In my attempt to keep my post brief, I didn't introduce some of my hunting & fishing partners. In the picture on the left, is my good friend Belle(RIP) who is posing with her 1st 2 pheasants at age 8 months. ( The one nearest the Rem 1100 is on my wall to this day.) The other fellows(GOBS) along with me in the next picture, taken after a sunny "bluebird" opener, are me, my oldest son, Sam, next in line are good friends Darren, & Darren's dad, Virg. They have all been a pleasure to have hunted & fished with , so I thought including them in my signature file was a worthy thing to do!
 ;D
« Last Edit: June 06/02/08, 09:41:28 PM by MnSportsman »

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

Offline bowtech

HI:
IM botech and i live in Proctor Minnesota,and just retired from the DULUTH MISSABE AND IRON
RANGE  RR as a carman. MY thing is bow hunting, i can,t get enough of it. I am leaving for a
caribou hunt in sept. My buddy and i are going to Montreal Qubec for a 6 day hunt. but before
that i am going bear hunting in Silver Bay for 4 day,s. And then it,s white tail deer my favorite.
 if any buddy out there knows a good place to go elk hunting cheap let me know, thats my
next adventure.

Bowtech" saying goodby for now.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
welcome!  hope you can give us some reports on your adventures!
sounds like fun
 ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
 ::welcome:: ::welcome::   glad to have you aboard  :happy1:

Offline beersunny

• Outdoorsman
Bowtech, hi there  ::welcome:: hope you like it here and hope to here all about the hunts you have!
24 hrs in a day
24 beers in a case
coincidence, i think not

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
 :newhere:

Hello,

Rochester native for 5 years. Grew up in SE MN a good portion of my life.

Avid outdoorsmen since I was a young child thanks to a few years living in Montana. Started flyfishing at 7, hunting at 20. With many hours logged in the woods, on lakes and running up and down rivers I have realized my calling generally needed to be tied into hunting or fishing of sorts.
I am 20 credits away from a marketing degree that I plan on using along with my experiences to get after a job in that field.

I normally fish a ton in the spring and summer, but our addition to the family has kind of stopped that short this year. My "big trip" this year for hunting is limited to Aitkin Co. for bear. Other than that I'm usually spending a couple of weeks in MT every year for Mule Deer, and Elk, and in Minnesota I usually bowhunt for Whitetail. I just picked up predator hunting two years ago, and although we haven't taken a ton of animals, my friends and I have sure enjoyed the experiences.

I have browsed this site now and again and it seems like it is comprised of intelligent, sound individuals to carry on good conversations with, and gain knowledge from. I look forward to posting information, and sharing hunts/experiences...etc.

22Lex
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to MNO!  look forward to your posts!
 ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline carsellashacks

Hello my name is Pam Carsella my husband is Don. We own and operate Jungleland Greenhouse in Northome Mn. In the off season of the greenhouse we build custom ice fishing houses-hunting shacks. We love fishing (musky, trout and large pike). Also hunting of all sorts. If I could figure out how to post the ice houses on this sight I would but for now you can find them on Craigs list out of the Cities.