Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5449467 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........man was it an awesome evening last nite. me, da dawg a  :campfire: some  :toast:. was so relaxing. even feel chipper this morning.  :happy1: :rotflmao: thinkin i'll do more of the same today!!!!!! even got some things done!!!!!!

turkey legs and thighs should be hitting the smomer shortly after lunch!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here at Federal Dam MN. Heading for 79 today. We are glamping for a few days. We had fire and beers last also. Cooked some burgers and hot dogs for supper. Plan is to do some fishing today. About it here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sitting in camper also drinking coffee. Going to take it easy today, headed to Huntersville to shoot trap tomorrow. Good luck JB the walleyes were on the rocks last weekend. Later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Haze until 1 p.m. Not sure if it's smoke but haven't had time to check. Getting mentally prepared for another Crop Tour. Leave on that adventure tomorrow a.m. Too many loose ends to tie up so prioritizing it down to only the crap that really needs to get done. Woke up at 4:30 & couldn't get back to sleep so that ain't helping my mojo. Hopefully the coffee starts to kick in pretty quick. Have a good un fellers! 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sitting at the River Road campgrounds at Luverne.  Boiling eggs and potatoes for my world famous potato salad.  Nice and juicy with lots of eggs.  Gonna be 85 today and 95 tomorrow with a feels like of 104.  Yikes!  Will be one hot family reunion.  Just had those Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast things.  Not bad but I was really hungry.  It is windy here and that may be a good thing.  The dogs are doing good.  Now Jake jumps right up into the wife's chair like it is his own.  Kind of funny actually.  Well see ya all later.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Haze until 1 p.m. Not sure if it's smoke but haven't had time to check. Getting mentally prepared for another Crop Tour. Leave on that adventure tomorrow a.m. Too many loose ends to tie up so prioritizing it down to only the crap that really needs to get done. Woke up at 4:30 & couldn't get back to sleep so that ain't helping my mojo. Hopefully the coffee starts to kick in pretty quick. Have a good un fellers!

Hey Buddy hope the crop tour goes well for ya!!!   maybe this will be your farewell tour!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my tuxedo. Love my son but I'll be glad when this is over tomorrow. Time for a rye on the rocks. It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck and go gettem Roony!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good plan Roony.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup have a good time roony!!!   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and going for warm temps!!!   93 today, yikes...  doesn't look as windy either!!  even riding the bike yesterday was a bit nuts with the wind...  got a few things done yesterday..   today will be about the same...   have a good day all!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........

Roony and LPS.....i feel for you guys having outdoor activities today.......be careful. Dotch have fun....... got me a plate full of stuff today. laundry, put turkey legs away, smoke fish, put fish in pickling brine, and deal with a bunch of cucumbers......best hit it!!!1

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, went out :fishing: ~7 & only 1 little nord to show for it. They're sayin 88 for our high. :scratch: The neighbor called yday around 4:30 & wanted to go to the meat raffle, so we did. My brother & I both won. :cool: The annual meeting for the lake association is today at 1 & they're providing lunch, so we'll be heading up glenn's way in bit. 'Bout it here, stay :cool: & have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 88 at the moment.  Got talked into losing another 5 hrs of my life at work this morning,  oh well what's another big chunk of OT the government gets  :doofus:. Momma picked up a package of 2,  6# boneless pork shoulder butts, I seasoned and injected them already for a good smoke tomorrow.  Just not sure yet when to fire things up, it might be dark out in the morning yet when I getter rolling.  Should make some fine sammiches in the afternoon.  Anywho....See ya!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Evening comrades! 73 at Urbana IL presently and will bottom out in the upper 60's. Riding in air conditioned comfort most of the day, the heat didn't seem too bad. Imagine that! We'll see what the morrow brings however as the heat catches up with us and we have to work our way back through it to MN over the rest of the week. Had a good ribeye tonite at The Ribeye in Champaign, washed down with a couple locally brewed Rigg's hefeweizen's. Salad bar was excellent too, most variety I've seen in a long time. Waiters and waitresses hustled and the food got there relatively quickly. Had been to this place before a couple years ago when Alexander's Steak House, our former favorite haunt closed. The Ribeye hadn't overly impressed us that time but was a pleasant surprise this time around. Well, with a full tummy, it's time to get my beauty sleep.  😴
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 56 here and going for 76 today..   way cooler for one day anyway...  did a few things yesterday and even a couple outside..  too warm to do much overall..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 58 here & 68 will be high, they're sayin. Awfully warm when we left the meeting ~ 3 yday, so not much else got done here. We'll go get a paper & some mower gas here in a bit. Some other putzin I can do..........., we'll see. :scratch: 'Bout it here, hopin your Sunday's a great day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here at Federal Dam and heading for 70. Yesterday afternoon turned into beech day. Was a warm one, so the water felt good. Grandkids got a couple tube rides in. Had a fish fry last night. Plan is biscuits and gravy this morning. Time to get some unleaded coffee. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking I may take it easy today, had enough heat trapshooting yesterday. Might have drink a gallon of water today. Other than that no much going on. Later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........not sure what i'm gonna do today........like Gunner and Mikey i reckon i'll find something.

sure hope LPS and Roony survived yesterday!!!!!!!!! :scratch:

Dotch......when i was a lad working for DCI on the road we worked at a dairy in Champaign. think it was right off some major interstate on the north end. we ate at a place Momma Would Be Proud. man they had good food. a prime rib and the first time i ever had a twice baked tater!!!  :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........not sure what i'm gonna do today........like Gunner and Mikey i reckon i'll find something.

sure hope LPS and Roony survived.
I'm not ded. Sure is nice to be back home!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

where did ya go for the wedding?? 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! Getting ready for the evening meeting here in Columbus. Will be wearing one of my throwback Crop Tour shirts. Not sure if it's one from 20 years ago but it could be. Heat is catching up down here this afternoon. Was comfortable earlier and it suddenly jumped to 87. Harbinger of what's to come I'm afraid. Crops looked pretty good out the windshield on I-70 thru IN & OH but I expected that. After thinking early on they could get in trouble they were bailed out by numerous rainfall events. Not to say there aren't some poor spots in the fields but couldn't tell from the 75 mph drive-by. Keep 'er cool!  :cool:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

where did ya go for the wedding??
West St Paul. Everything went well.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good evening boys.  Got home about 5.  Man what a drive.  425 miles.  About an 8 hour drive.  Lots of gas stops when pulling the camper.  Then let the dogs do their thing too.  Country gas stations with grass or weeds nearby.  SO good to be back home but had a good time.  It was almost 100 but the feels like was  106.  We kept moving our chairs to keep under the shade from the trees.  That saved the day.  Maybe 45 0r 50 people showed up.  Good food a complete success.  Well now my Mom and Dad both have a mild form of covid.  I hope it is mild.  Dad just turned 91 on Sat.  Great guy.  Like I said it is sure good to be back home. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 56 here and going for 80 today..  have a doctor appt this morning in Alex so that won't take too long..   then just finish up a couple things here..  maybe get a bike ride in too..   have a good day all!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like we're shooting sporting clays at noon today and then a couple rounds of trap tonight with oldest son and grandson. Need to clean an 1100 this morning and set up a rack of ribs later this afternoon for tomorrow. Cub had baby backs on sale for $3.99 when I was in there last Thursday. Already had three racks in the freezer, thought a couple more wouldn't hurt. Might have to go to an auction on Wednesday in Evansville. Should be warm enough to keep most of the tire-kickers away. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 58 here & we're 'sposed to end up around 71. Went for a boat ride already, had some action but no :fish2:. It sure felt like rain when I was out in the boat, but it looks like it's all going to stay north of us. Got a couple things in mind to get me started & will go from there. No more now, have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here in Federal Dam, heading for 71. Supposed to be a cloudy day. Daughter, son in law and grandkids left yesterday at noon. Then the rest 9f us pretty much sat around a camp fire the rest of the day. The kid and his wife will be taking off today. And so will the brother in law and his wife. It will just be the wife and me then. I think a shower will be first thing on the list when everyone is gone. You boys have a good one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  59 and light rain here.  We have a 1/4" so far.  Coffee tastes good.  Not sure what the day will bring now.  Was going to warsh the camper.  Hoping Mother Nature does it for me. Not sure if I am not feeling well or if I am just tired from the weekend.  lol