Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5446439 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 here and heading for 67 today according to TWC. Says it is 45 in Williams this morning. From blast oven right into fall. The wind has died down now. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 42 this morning!!   but going for 70 again...  63 in the house so jeans are in use again for me now..  no furnace either..  that will be soon enough!!   foggy this morning too and don't forget the smoke in the air too..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers... buddy should be here today. First I'll go cut some more wood. Then the fish are gonna catch hell. :nerd: :stillfish:

Got a batch in brine for the smoker tonight.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  48 here on the way to 69.  Smells smoky here.  Mike we would be wearing coats if it was that cool in the house.  LOL  I see the smoke is worse in the SW corner of the state.  What a shame having this smoke add another bad dimension to our days.  Getting close to mowing time again.  Maybe I will wait till tomorrow.   :sleazy:  We shall see.  Maybe the smoke will clear up some.  Talked to an ol Buddy of mine yesterday.  Talked for an hour as he waited to get into see his heart Dr.  He seems to be doing good and it was great to talk to him.  Well you all take care and have a good day. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I only got the floor done for tree stand yesterday. Forgot I had furnace in a million pieces yet so I put that back together first. We'll get the rest done today. After that who knows. Have a great day all, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 54 here @ 1st peek & 66 looks to be the high. Didn't get back out here 'til 1:30 or so yday & with the light mist along with the breeze off the lake it was a bit cool. Still, only a hoodie required to walk over to the neighbor's with the roll pin he had me get for him. Got a couple things goin on today, so I better roll. Have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 56 at choretime heading for a high around 70. Perfect weather to be outdoors. Waiting for a Pioneer Jesus to show up sometime this a.m. Not sure I'll hang around that long. A lot of those people are pretty full of themselves so if I miss them, really don't care. Otherwise, continue doing yield estimates. So far, corn is better than I would've expected. Not a total surprise once one looks at the rainfall patterns. The heavy rains we cursed back in May are appearing to be a blessing in disguise. Sure, harvest populations are reduced but with the limited moisture we had, more ears wouldn't have made any difference in the end. Soybeans on the other hand are likely to be a disappointment. So many pods aborted in the heat along with it reducing bean size and number of beans per pod. Afraid that won't be pretty.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 this morning and heading to 79 today..   got my son coming up to give me some help with tree trimming and a couple other chores..   with him here we can get them all done quickly...  not much more than that going on today...   have a good day all!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and heading for 70 today. Sent the wife off to work like LPS this morning. Although I am working from home today. Wiktel is supposed to be coming to install fiber optics today to the house. I am still doing a little  :scratch: since none of the utilities have been marked yet. Guess I will find out when they get here. About it here. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  49 here with a goal of 74.  Got the lawn mowed yesterday and was nice to mow it when it was completely dry. Will pull some weeds today and mow the meadow.  Then prepare for a nice fire and a night in the camper.  Trying to come up with something to cook over the fire. Should be a perfect night for it too.  Twins at 7:10 so can watch them in the camper after the fire. Lot's of talk about how dry the SE part of the state is on the news the last few days. It may affect the fall colors they are saying.  Well you all have a great day. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 53 when I went down to the dock here & 73 will be the high. Caught a few this morning but didn't keep any. Got my stuff done early so I mowed a little yday afternoon.There's a couple little things to do down at the boat when I'm done here & I'll go from there. Hopin your Friday's a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Rattle can some paint on the tree-stand to break up its straight edges and corners and then clean up garage is today's plan. Should do a Friday night in the back yard too. Been so hot we haven't had one fire in the back yard yet this Summer. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Have a full plate today, doing more yield estimates, some banking to do, need to make a feed run & then I better get something for our 39th anniversary. Like I always say, odd, seems like it's been longer than that... :scratch: She wasn't feeling well this a.m. but still went into work, I think. If not, it just means she won't be able to chase me around like normal... :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to the both of ya!!!     :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Dotch and Mrs Dotch.  Better get her a bottle of tequila, lemons, and salt for the big night.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you and the Mrs. Dotch!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
She is sure one lucky woman!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Dotch and Mrs Cheviot! I think we been down this path before but momma and I celebrated 27 yesterday,  a steak house in Bloomington got us fer 160$ before tip, didn't Glenn do a drive thru at Hardee's one year  :confused: I gots some learning to do. Afternoon peoples 78 and beautiful outside,  think I'll mix up a Brandy coke and make the work week vanish. We were gonna head to the lake but decided we can watch it rain here like there and save some fuel and mileage.  Anywho I best grab some chair and think of something productive I don't feel like doing....See ya!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you two Bobb.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 56 here and going for 71 today...   saying rain too...   we will see...   my son made it up and we/he got all the things done I wanted done..  and a little extra...  then we had some good grilled burgers..   and still had plenty of time to visit..  then when he gets home they are all going to hay days, the snowmoble get together..  likely have the name wrong..   oh well.. have a good day all!!   

clean the smoker is on the agenda today..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a great night.  Nice fire, good cocktails and my hobo dinner was great.  I used Kielbasa cut up instead of burger.  With carrots Yukon gold spuds and onions.  Then we watched the Twins in the camper before going to bed.  I am first one up so in the house now making coffee and fed the dogs.  Jake and Cooper squeezed between us in the bed in the camper.  Cooper jumped off after awhile.  Jake stayed with us all night cuz it is just a little too high for him to jump off yet.  Jake whined a bit during the night so let them both out for a bit to do some business and then they came right back in.  Worked out just great!  Now to decide what to do today.  Good work on having the son help you Mike.  I bet that feels good.  Well have a good day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Rain supposedly coming in overnite. They keep messing with the amounts but anything is welcome. Need to get some hay so that'll likely shoot the forenoon unless the guy decides he's busy this a.m. Congrats to boober and the Mrs. I got a reprieve as she remained down for the  count. Prolly won't be so lucky tonite.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/09/23, 08:05:52 AM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Golfing a four-person scramble is on the agenda for today. Golfing with both sons and grandson. Hope rain holds off for a bit this afternoon. Tree stand is done, just need to build a ladder for it. I'll post a picture later. Nice fire last night, got rid of a bunch of crap wood, small lumber pieces and a few beers from garage. Congrats on the anniversaries dotch and bob. Have a great day, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably not Dotch! That scramble sounds fun Mark,  and good night around the fire sounds fun lps! Mornin forum fellas 65 at the moment,  outdoor news is read, 2 mile stroll in and coffee is all gone. Momma and I are going to hit Costco after a bit, probably swing by home dump to see if they have any charcoal yet. I sat patio side yesterday looking at my little brush pile I save fir kindling,  so I started snapping sticks and filling a tote bin until I disturbed a ground nest of bee's, the dog got zapped and so did I, little bastages. Planning on filling more bins today, just hafta be a little quicker is all. We'll best get at it....See ya!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 here and heading for 70. My Dad and Stepmom came up last night for the weekend. Sitting here visiting now. Not sure what will be on the agenda yet. You are correct Mike. Hay Days is the snowmobile grass drags and swap meet in North Branch. It has been a few years since we have gone. I liked it when the weather was hot. Lots of eye candy then.  :sleazy: Well, have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and there's nothing wrong with good eye candy!!!    part of the reason Sturgis was so fun!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 52 here and going for 71 today..  only got a few drops of rain here, appears it all went east of here..  took apart the pellet smoker and cleaned it up so it ready for another go around, then decided to clean the grill too so thats all set too..  going to some mowing today..  have a good day all.. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
You forgot to do my grill mike. Golf went good yesterday, shot a 10 under par 62. Still lost by three strokes by TWO other teams. Thinking we're going to St. Cloud to shoot trap today. Looks Like a good day for that. Here's the picture of the new tree stand. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm