Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5440583 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers done at the store. Ate. Truck is loaded and ready for takeoff! :happy1:

I'm gonna miss they goofy pooch of mine  :confused: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and girl. 31 here and heading for 33 today. We made it home about 10 last night. Had to dodge a few deer. Mostly bucks. Couple just south of Baudette and a couple of beauties just couple mils south of the house. The bucks are really moving at night. They need to start moving during the day. I got the wood boiler rolling again around 11. House was at 59 when we got home and it is only 61 this morning. We are hoping it is just the lack of time since it normally gets another 5 hours of run time when we first start it up. I can feel warmth in the floor. The wife thinks it just needs more time. So I'm going with that. Need to get a couple things done and finish packing. Then I can head down to deer camp. About it here. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys & gal, 33 here already & I'm hearing 38 will be our high. It got a little nicer than forecasted here yday when the sun came out, as we seen 39. :happy1: So, we lost quite a bit of our snow yday too. Went to open the lid on the boat's livewell yday so it could dry out & found that it was still full of water because the plug was still in it yet .  :doofus: :bonk: Glad I caught that. :rolleyes: Think I should probably take a sponge & give that a look see, 1st thing today. After that............? :confused: 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We got the new regulator installed on the LP tank at deer camp yesterday. Heads up, you need a “special “ fitting on the end from the tank. I did not know that, now I do. That’s done, furnace is running. Forgot slings for both rifles again so second oldest is bringing them with today. Not using a bunge cord like I did a couple years ago. Got to go, later…… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and girl.  It is a sunny morning here.  It is 34 and the high is gonna be 35.  Hard to believe it won't get warmer than that.  Yesterday I saw 41.  Not a lot going on and that's ok.  I may get the snowmobile running or at least pull the trailer with it up to the garage.  May worm Bucko too. Everything is very white here.  Have fun at deer camp all of you. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Cloudy with some stuff on the radar but not much hitting the ground. Did see 50 on the car thermometer yesterday so that was a plus. Was 49 officially yesterday at the SROC in Waseca so not doubting it. Sounds like more of the same for a stretch. Got hay unloaded last nite so after a couple cocktails & basketti, I was ready for bed. Think the neighbor is done picking so the days of him drying corn are numbered. That dryer really howls but it becomes white noise and knocks me right out when I hit the sack. I even wake up when it shuts off to unload & reload or when the holding bin runs out of corn. Lotsa deer tearing around with the crop coming off. Won't be many cornfields to hide or pee in after the weekend.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 23 @ 1st peek & we'll end up around 37, they're sayin. Still had quite a bit of ice in the live well yday, so I put a light & a fan on it. So, I should be good there today but I will check to be sure. Couple other things in mind too. Good luck, be safe & have fun all you that are out hunting this weekend. No more now, have a good day.
« Last Edit: November 11/04/23, 06:25:38 PM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and girl.  It just went up to 20 here.  We are headed to the Falls today to check out the new liquor and grocery store today.  We love our store here in town but fun to go elsewhere now and then.  Kind of cold to leave the dogs out in their kennels so we will try to dog proof part of the house.  LOL  Ya they are spoiled.  I am too.   :rotflmao: :happy1:  Darn, I see the Gophers play at 2:30 today and the Jackrabbits play NDSU at 2:00.  Gonna be a lot of channel switching going on.  Go Jackrabbits. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Breakfast done & working on coffee. Lotsa gunfire from the orange army this a.m. & that's a good thing. Went to do chores at the neighbor's last nite. It's about 2 miles & could've hit 3 deer if I hadn't been paying attention. Gathering crap up so we can commence sheep washing after lunch. There's a reason we usually hire this done. Aside from being old, it sucks. Again, not my idea. We get thru it, then I can get back to my regularly scheduled programming.  :coffee: Be fun to hear about the new store Barry. Hopefully they have a nice chitter like the old store. 🤗
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
So far the count from the deer stand is one squirrel and two squadrons of chickadees and nuthatches.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  29 and foggy this morning.  Last night we got just enough misty rain to be a bit slick out on the roads.   While everyone is hunting I am thinking of going fishing this morning depending on what this wind is going to do today.   If not I sure have plenty to do right here at home too.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 38 at the moment going for 50 last I hear. Pretty busy yesterday,  went to the whipper snappers place to check out her kitchen faucet,  instead of fixing it we just replaced it.  Got back home and momma had a table full of spaghetti sauce and stewed tomatoes that needed canning,  16qts between the 2. Chased the push mow lawner around and zapped all leaves while the qts were swimming.  Not much on the agenda today, kids n pooches are coming over fer wings n football.  Best run...See ya!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. What a difference a week makes. Should be able to get some mowing/leaf grinding done today. Should clean up the last of the screenings at the neighbors too if there's time. Got the ram lambs washed yesterday. 1st one had more fleece on it so it took a little longer. Still knocked 'em out in a little under 3 hours, had all the crap put away & the trailer unhooked. Now if they'll keep their blankets & hoods on a few days they'll be outta my hair for a few weeks. Better do some breakfast & coffee. Dew should come off later this a.m. so I can get at 'er.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning everyone, 29 now & headed for 43. We had a little real light rain mid-afternoon yday, which then turned to a fine graupel before the sundown. Just a touch of snow too as the grass has a white tint to it this morning as well. Probably get a paper soon & will figure the rest of the day after that. Have a great day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and girl.  It is 28 here and we should see 42.  My truck sat outside last night cuz it is so full of snow and ice from our ride home yesterday.  Got out of the grocery store and it was snowing.  Came down pretty hard and the roads got slippery by the time we got home.  Pretty nice store.  Huge compared to the old one.  We even forgot some things as we are used to hitting all of the aisles and picking our stuff.  We forgot half and half for the rueben soup, and we forgot Kipper snacks.  I usually get 3 or 4 of them but now the wife likes them so they are disappearing on me.  Yes Dotch that was a nice big chitter at the old store and they kept it clean.  Great rest stop.  I did not see the new one since there was so much going on learning the new program.  Will find it the next time.  I don't like Big M bathroom cuz they only have air dryers.  I like towels better. The liquor store prices stayed the same on the stuff we buy but the grocery store prices are a little higher the wife thought.  They are the only game in town now so figures.  The deli/cold meat counter is bigger too.  It was busy but there are a lot more checkouts there now.  Well have a good one and go Vikes!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great to hear the grocery store report. Funny you should mention kipper. They're one of our HH staples at the cabin so we knew exactly where they were. Agree on the paper towels. You'd think with the Falls being a major pulp source providing a huge part of the economy there, Menard would figure that out.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a doe this morning but she seen me move and took off. Nephew and his soon to be bride just left and I believe seven more are heading home this afternoon. We had 14 of us in a one room schoolhouse the last two nights. Busy place. Having a bite to eat soon and probably watch the first half of the vikes before heading out again. Hope Mr. Large comes by again and gives me a shot this afternoon. He’s eight point for sure maybe a ten. Oh well. More coffee, later…… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 35 here and a light drizzle coming down.  A lot of snow melted last night.  Can see some grass now. I see some geese on the river.  Mayhaps I can get the deck cleaned up some later on. Sure quiet without Mikey here in the mornings.  Hope he gets a new computer soon.  Maybe a neighbor kid can get it all hooked up for him.  lol  Have a great day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 42 last I looked here & that's the high for today. Had some rain overnight & it looks like we might get a little mid-day snow too. :scratch: We're heading back south this week sometime, so I have a few things to button up in the next couple days. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....36 here today. Rain overnight and the snow is all gone.

Venison tenderloin for supper tonight. Gotta get the rest into the freezer today.:happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/06/23, 07:45:30 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The rain just turned to snow here. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sitting in one of my stands, pretty quiet here.
Today’s deer hunting tip. Never put your candy bars in the same pocket as your handwarmers.
Later…… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 44 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Topped out yesterday at 61 altho it took a while to get there. Breezy too so not many deer were moving. Not much gunfire. About froze on the mower with the south wind in the morning. After lunch it was better & I got to mow in more sheltered areas. It melted the last of the snowdrifts so that was a good thing.  Took about 5 hours but got the leaves all ground up so the lawn can be put to bed hopefully. Ground the leaves into confetti so they make good nightcrawler food. Still some leaves up in the trees but a lot of them will come off gradually as we move into winter. Got some soil sampling near home today. Good thing I'm not grilling anything or the Mrs. would give me that come hither look.  :shocked: 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The apple trees and the lilacs sure hang on to their leaves.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya Roony we had one branch on our lilac bush all of a sudden flower out a long time after the rest of the bush's flowers and leaves were long gone.  I should have taken a pic of it.  Well it is 30 here with a high of 37.  I see we are forecasted to get 2-4" of snow here between this afternoon and tomorrow night. Will depend on the temp how much snow there is.  We shall see. I will go in for a blood test this morning and since I am there mayhaps I can get a flu shot and and RSV and Covid all at once.  Well have a good Tue everyone.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Morning, campers. Looks to be a nice day. Things went well for my wife at Mayo in Rochester so, all is good.
      It also just occurred to me that my wife likes her pets more than she likes me. I understand that. They listen when she talks. I might try that. Some day.
      She feeds and water her cats and the dog. She then asks me if I want anything.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like you are handling it pretty good.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad all went well at Rochester for the wife too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 31 here & headed for 36. Got some precip in our forecast as well but the temps look good for it not being too bad. We'll be doing final prep today so we can hit the road pretty early tomorrow morning. Unless the weatherman lied & the roads are bad then we'll wait 'til Thursday. No more now, have great day.
« Last Edit: November 11/07/23, 09:08:14 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 39 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. A few sprinkles here and there but nothing close to measurable. Glad to hear the good report from Mother Mayo tt. :happy1: Got my soil sampling done yesterday, need to enter the samples in the system, finish copy before print deadline today, then head home & help load up a couple of our rams headed for the NAILE in Louisville. It's kinda the Super Bowl of livestock shows & they're decent rams so interesting to see how they do. Young guy hauling them is an excellent showman so that won't hurt. Time's a wastin' so better hit 'er hard!