Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5441051 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck at the Mayo JB.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup 2nd that!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and girl.  As mentioned it is really white here now.  Looks like it is here to stay as not much warm weather in site.  As a matter of fact "warm" has a different meaning now.  It no longer means 60 or 70's.  Still have the alternator project to do today.  LOL  Will get that done today.  Not sure I want to plow yet anyways.  I want the ground good and froze so I don't tear it up.  Maybe we will just pack this snow down.  The wife got me some panty hose for the onions.  It works great to hang them up in the basement.  We had onions till early summer doing it this way.  Oh ya, my hemorrhoid is getting better. Just in case you were wondering. LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning all.......damn i slept in late this morning. guess that happens when you dont get a Dotch nap in during the day after working the store early mornings!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

guess I'll have to start keeping a closer eye on the webcams up north now!!!!! work on getting some deer huntin stuff together.....started yesterday. i to am headed north thursday..depends on how long i feel like working the store!! :rolleyes: and a few other projects on the list!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
After this precip tapers off, I'm going to have to get all my hunting clothes out on the line.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-30's. About a half inch of snow at the ranch, melting out to .05" of liquid equivalent precip. In Bugtussle, .7" of snow & .07" of liquid equivalent precip. Windy here too. Was already a good sized drift on the road coming off the end of our windbreak. Plenty of time for this crap starting in Dec. We don't need it now. Less than a month ago it was 93 degrees here. Glad I soil sampled yesterday. Had a fencer grounded out after I got done. Took a while to find it  so was dark by the time I got home. Was dressed for it but was glad to get inside out of the wind. Had to get home so I could worry about Barry's hemorrhoid. Good luck jb! Good places to eat there including the Canadian Honker right across the street from St. Mary's. 😋 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and girl. 20 here in Cawchester as Rebs used to say. My first appointment is at 7 this morning. We have eaten at the Honker at couple times Dotch. Certainly good food. We stay in the hotel right next to it usually. We to will be heading north tomorrow.  ;) I seen it got down into the teens at home last night. Sure didn't need that. Well, have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Well it appears to have warmed up over night.  Went to bed it was 12 and woke up it is 22 heading for 30 today.   At least the wind died down.   Have a good day!!!!

Good luck there jerkbait

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and might see 36 today..   good luck JB!!  much of the snow has melted away already..  more to melt today..  going over to Alex this morning to get a few things..  other than that not much going on today..   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
My LP tank showed up yesterday. Now just need it filled and furnace hung up and fired up in the garage. Oops, need to blow insulation in the ceiling too. That's all going to have to wait until after deer season. Won't get done in the next day and a half. I did get our hide boxes loaded up yesterday and even cut the side boards on the trailer down to 29" tall so they fit better. Putting them out is one of today's projects. After that I should pull the plow out away from the wall and park a couple of mowers in it's spot. Good luck JB. More coffee, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/23, 07:19:31 AM by markn »
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 20 here & we're headed for 36, they're saying. :scratch: We lost some snow on the north side of the cabin yday too. That wind had some bite to it early yday, so I didn't spend much time out in it. Headed for GR today ourselves. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks boys. Going thru the motions. Go here go there. Fun fun.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all........yyea good luck JB. i remember that when we took dad down there. never seems like its a one day thing!!! :doah:

think i'm pretty organized for deer camp. just a few things i want to get done today........should be easy peasy. most the snow melted under my big maple so i'll gather what there for leaves. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was 15 and up to 17 here.  Low 30's I think we may hit.  Not a lot on the list and that is just fine with me.  I may run to town but other than that just try to stay out of trouble.  Good luck with everything JB.  Hope you get back up here to God's Country soon.  The river is real calm this morning and looks like a mirror.  I should go check the water temp but I try to stay as far away from the open water until it freezes nice a solid as I can.  I don't want the dogs running down there like they do in summer.  You all have a great day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's, maybe. Still some scattered patches of snow and some drifts along the edges of standing corn that kept some from picking in those areas. My neighbors took their skidsteer and moved some of the snow away so they could harvest those rows. Hadn't seen that maneuver before. Battling boxelder bugs in the office this a.m. In everything. Better than the garter snake crawling around the house a couple days ago. Poppy was not amused. Wife tossed it outside so it had to make a quick decision about where it was going to overwinter. Lots of critters looking for places to hole up. Caught some mice altho there's one that keeps tripping the basement trap. He won't last long. Put fresh red-colored bait out the other day. Red-colored terds by the mouse trap this a.m. Chunks of red colored bait chewed off in the bait box. :coffee:

Hope you get a good report & safe travels home jb!  :happy1:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mikey got grounded from his puter!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I reckon I'll give it another week, but I don't remember a year where there were so many trees that held their leaves for so long.  I've got an Autumn Blaze maple that is usually late, but completely dropped by Halloween.  This year it is still holding onto most of its leaves.  And there are other trees of other varieties all over the neighborhood that are holding many leaves as well.

I would sure like to hear from a Tree Doctor to know why this year seems different.

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good morning everyone, 28 degrees here at the shop in Kellogg, clear skies that seem to go on forever.
They are saying we are going to hit 56 for a high, I'll take it after a couple of days with high winds and upper 20s-low 30s for daytime highs.
Have a great day !!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from Rochester. Looks like it is 28 here and heading for 33. Got thru all my appointments by 11 yesterday and then went and had lunch at Chester's. Very good food. Then we went and hit a couple of stores. Wally world being 1 of them. Then we still had time to kill. So we decided to go check out the chebby dealer. The wife has been wanting to get something that gets better mileage than the Traverse. So the traverse ended up turning into a 2024 Equinox. Not quite sure if we were ready yet. But we did it. I have 1 appointment with the doctor at 12:45 and then we can head north. It will be good to get home. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Was able to get through all of yesterday's list of things to do. Today is "blast off day" for deer camp. Need to go to fleet for a fitting for a new regulator for the furnace. Going to do it from home because fleet is only four miles away from here and deer camp is 13 miles away from L&M up North. After that get stuff packed and head out. With that being said everyone please shoot safe and shoot straight (glenn) and have a great hunt. I'll still have my phone with to check in, later........ :happy1: :happy1:

JB, we (the wife) bought an Equinox a couple years ago and we love it. She got the 2.0 with a turbo in it. Gotz ballz I'll say that and good mileage.
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin everybody, 29 here & we may make it all the way up to 36 today. Good luck & safe travels, JB. Kind of busy in GR yday, especially L&M & Super 1 Liquor. Aldis not so much. Looked to be mostly people getting ready for the big weekend to me. A little nicer today so I've got some outside putzin I can do. No more now, hopin your Thurday's a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 29 here and headed to 36.  Cloudy here too.  Fairly calm it seems.  Well I was going to sleep later and it felt good but then Jake kept licking my left ear.  It actually felt kind of good and made me laugh so we just got up.  Got the plow truck all ready for action.  I do need to run all of the way to town and get some bread and milk.  Thinking I will put some country style loin ribs in the crockpot today.  Beings they are loin ribs I hope they don't dry out on me.  We shall see.  You all have a good one.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Jake was probably watching the wifey do that on your anniversary.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  How is your back doing Roony?  Been wondering about that.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting better but S L O W L Y. By about 2 pm it starts hurting. Wishing I could be playing with my chainsaw.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Won't know how to act if it gets that warm. Got ~40 small square bales from my Studebaker mechanic last nite after chores. Back feels it this a.m. Nothing coffee & Aleve can't handle. Wife won't lick my ear, but she's already made a mess out of the weekend. Supposed to wash a couple ram lambs to send to the NAILE in Louisville. Nothing concrete as to day or time yet so I'm supposed to back burner everything. I know how that would go if the shoe was on the other foot. Think I'll make some of my T 105 R 21 sec. 7 famous spaghetti tonite. That might help. Was kinda bittersweet when we stopped at the County Market in I Falls last time Barry. They were starting to dismantle some of the shelving & move stuff around. Took us 10 years but we finally got the place figured out. Now we'll hafta learn a whole new grocery store.  :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Dotch.  They remodeled our store here and I still am asking where things are at.  We will hit the new store in the Falls on Sat.  It was supposed to open on the 1st.  Looking forward to seeing it.  You may want to try and lick her ear tonight and see what happens Dotch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting better but S L O W L Y. By about 2 pm it starts hurting. Wishing I could be playing with my chainsaw.
Glad to hear it is getting better. Remember it is a marathon, not a sprint. Doctor kept telling me that about my knee. Our body sure tells us when we try to hard.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Even with Ibuprofen  I start hurting about then too.  Sometimes I take one of the good pain pills then.  By bed time I am ready to lay down even though that hurts some too till I get settled in.