Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332269 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
watched a big ship come into Duluth a bit ago...  couldn't see until it was in the canal!!  can't see the end of the pier looking out into the lake!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  For once the forecast was correct.  44 out and has been raining since 11:30 last night.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  Getting ready for the store. That place has been a zoo the last 3 days. Raining Here also.  Says it might change to sleet snow  later. :shocked:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 46 for our start & shootin for 54, they're sayin. No rain 'til ~ 3 or 4 here. We plan on being on the road by then as we'd like to be at Sis's place by 4 or so. No more now, have a great Christmas Eve.
« Last Edit: December 12/24/23, 07:21:52 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here and that is the high too..  rain here too over night and all day today..   oh well!!  travel safe to all of you on the road today and tomorrow..  have a good day all!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 47 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. No rain, yet. Forecast doesn't look for it to start until just before lunch. So glad I got that chit hauled. I just thought I tracked a lot of mud in the yard vs. what it could've been had I waited. Got Christmas out of the way at my niece's gathering in Eden Prairie yesterday. Was glad the fog lifted before we took off so it was a pretty easy cruise. Need to make one floral delivery then see what kind of trouble I can get into around here. Have to put the tire back on the flare box & should fill the birdfeeders. Other than that, will probably hang out with Poppy & and maybe take a nap. After that, wake up, do chores then make oyster stew for supper. Maybe have a few cocktails somewhere along the way.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here and heading for 40ish again today. It rained some around 6 this morning. Supposed to rain more today turning into snow this evening. We shall see. Went looking for grouse yesterday afternoon. Found none. Oh well was good to go down in the forest. I made stir fry for supper when we got home. I blame that on Ken for showing all those pictures of Asian food. Yum, it was good. It will be garage projects today. Need to finally get my ice fishing stuff out and ready. Hope to get out there somewhere this coming week. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 40 and wet here.  The wife said it was raining earlier when she got up.  Lots of puddles on land.  All of the puddles on the river are gone.  Must be soaking through cracks.  That doesn't make for good ice.  I have one more present to wrap this morning.  Not sure when we will open them.  I usually get the wife a bunch of scratch offs.  At least there is the possibility of it being a big winner.  Actually we were talking about it yesterday that we think our grass is getting greener.  I may have to mow.  LOL  Have a nice Christmas Eve all of you. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol. The wife said the same thing about our grass this morning LPS.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks greener here too!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....round 2 !!!! done at the store, fairly busy again..think i learned something today......dont volunteer to do ad pallets.....they suck!!!!! :doofus: think i'll load some sruff in the truck this afternoon..at least i dont have to look at it in the garage......and one never knows when i'll get that bug to go!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: less stuff to forget!!

watch some football ..........and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all of you!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas all!!!

mornin all, 31 and windy here.. no rain at the moment but they are saying more of that today...   said on the news up to 2 inches in places...  Minn 511 is rather colorful on the western edge of the state...   safe travels to all that will be on the road today..   have a good day!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......looks pretty soggy outside!!!!!! :pouty: most the kids are coming today. probably the first time in 3 years so kinda looking forward to it.  but will be glad when its done!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades & Merry Christmas from the Flannel Fuhrer's gulag MN! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's, again. Might be the last one of those for a while. .74" of rain recorded at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. Not as substantial as some but it adds gas to the tank for next year with the ground thawed like it is. Should be a relaxing day as we only have to go to some friends for a small get together. Have a wunnerful day and travel safe everone!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and Sharon.   :sleazy:  It is 24 here and may get to 36.  It is white again.  Can still see grass showing through though.  Much different look when all is white instead of green.  Slept like a baby last night.  That is a good thing.  Not much going on today other than enjoying each others company.  I see the chickadees are busy this morning already.  Looks cold out with the north wind blowing some.  I think I will leave it out.  Will grill a steak to have with our lobster today.  That is the main event!  You all have a good one. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Merry Christmas!!! 24 here and supposed to make 31 according to the weather channel. Like LPS said we got a touch of white with the grass sticking through. We had open water out front again yesterday. Wife said she could see the waves through the binoculars. Looks to be skimmed over again this morning. Plan is to cook gam and the fixings for later. Need to make a couple phone calls first and then commence cooking. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Dinner at 1:00 today here. So the mob should be here in a couple of hours which means I need to get some stuff done here. Right after I looked at Craigslist. Have a great day everyone, see ya tomorrow, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 32 here & we may make it to 34. Made it to Sis's place ~ 4 on Christmas Eve & it wasn't raining there yet. It started soon after though. Yday was at the oldest neices place early & then to the BIL's side with a bunch of people. Left there about 3 & drove through a pretty steady rain all the way home. Got a couple things on my list today, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 and heading for 35 it says. Sounds like chance of rain too. I need to cut firewood and load up the wood shed today. Otherwise it will just be a putz in the garage kinda day. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  It has warmed up to 34 and raining...still raining.  By the looks of the yard we have received a LOT of rain over night.  Roads up here are horrid at best.  At 0100 one of the deputies up here reported travel at about 15-20 mph just to stay on the road.  They sent the plows out on major roads early this morning and I see they are only moving at about 20 mph. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  32 here and headed to 39.  Looks like a lot of snow and rain but staying south of us.  38 for tomorrow.  Still glad my fish house is not on the river.  It seems that by about New Years the big bite slows down on the river anyways.  My hip is getting better but I don't want to push it too much.  I will start therapy after the 1st sometime.  Physical therapy not mental therapy yet.. LOL  Our steak and lobster turned out great.  We only did one lobster tail since they are so big so have one left.  I need to head all of the way to town today to mail a couple of late Happy Holiday cards.  Hit the grocery store and cash in a bunch of lottery cards that the wife won on too.  I will make sure Jake doesn't get loose.   Well have a good one and I hope you have fun playing with your presents.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered what the weather looked like down by you Scenic.  Not good.  SO did they ever figure out what made that huge boom a few weeks ago?  I wondered if someone did one of those acetylene/oxygen or Tannerite bombs in a barrel type of thing.   

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered what the weather looked like down by you Scenic.  Not good.  SO did they ever figure out what made that huge boom a few weeks ago?  I wondered if someone did one of those acetylene/oxygen or Tannerite bombs in a barrel type of thing.

I don't think they have ever proved what it was but you are on the right track as to what they "think" it was.  Last night we had some load thunder and several people were all "we heard an explosion" again. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, slept in a bit today, felt good too..   lots of rain here too...  still raining too..   not much going on so have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife just got a text from a coworker that lives by Birchdale which is about 25 miles east of us.  Her husband works at the Falls at Boise.  He couldn't drive over about 20 on his way to work and told her to stay home.  The wife just texted me that the steps, driveway, and roads here are really wet and slippery too. There is a shine to everything this morning.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...was good to get most the kids together yesterday.  :happy1: and seeing the grandkids..but they raided my canned goods!!! :confused: :happy1: :rotflmao: i love it when they enjoy my goodies!!! need to finish up cleaning up and putting stuff away.

need to do some extensive research on the weather to see when it'll be safe to head north. this weather is crazy goofy. :doofus:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Thinking about my mom today. She'd have been 95 today. This is my older sister and I with mom 10 years ago.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hang in there bud........i can relate also. thought the same thing. first christmas  without mom also. same with a grandson that died on a christmas eve!!!! :doah:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Glenn
 Miss her especially on the holidays. Her birthday today. You hang in there too!