Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332065 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like another great bonus day at the land. I plan to do some exploring and possibly chase some grouse today. As the farmers say "you got to make hay when the sun shines". Well, it's certainly shining this December!
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to the neighbor's to grab some cabinets he is replacing with new ones. They will go to Hubbard Co. and in the schoolhouse. It will be a nice addition. Tandem trailer will be in the garage today after the cabinets are loaded so I might get part of it painted too. Hope furnace guy makes an appearance sometime soon before I need snow removal equipment that is buried in it behind a boat and a couple of wheelers. This waiting will probably be reflected on the speed of the payment of the bill. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 22 now & headed for 43, they're sayin. I'm seein temps near 50 for weeklend here with a good chance of rain on Sunday & Monday. It's lookin like a rinse & repeat kind of day here again. Hope your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........i'm gonna need to figure something to do today...... :confused: getting caught up on the list. this weather and lack of snow is kinda nice. been taking shadow out and throwing the training dummy every day to run some of that energy off!!!! he has a blast doing it and gets so damn excited when he sees that training dummy.  :happy1: :rotflmao:

think i may venture past the lakes later. 

so momma made a huge boo-boo yesterday. :confused: :bonk: :bonk: made a nice pan of lasagna. somehow she miss read the ingerients/insturctions and dumped way way to much sugar in it. i asked her why she even put any in??/ :scratch: wel lshadow has treats for a while.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 21 here and looking like 30 for the high.  We will take that.  Been a great December so far.  I need to head to town for some groceries today.  Thinking chili is a possibility in the future.  Like tonight if I make it.  LOL  That will take us up to the weekend.  Need to warsh the truck too.  Got a call from my farmer friend to see if we needed some beef but still have some left and some pork left too so passed.  Well you all have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got an email from the red cross informing me i've reached the 9 gallon pin for blood donations!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: pretty proud of that!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 20 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Got another plate of Christmas goodies a friend dropped off so we're good there. Speaking of hay deadeye, after lunch it's back to the ranch to put another couple full size round bales in the lot. Those economy-size bales were OK & the price was right (free). However, a couple bales of those only last a week where 2 full-size bales make it two weeks or better. Since the weather should hold, will get everything ready for the final assault on the barn cleaning the next couple days. Be nice to get it done before the rain. Thinking the wife will mess with my plans by having some last minute Christmas deliveries w/o notice. Let's hope not. Was not about to drive to Texas to deliver that one yesterday!  :doah:     
« Last Edit: December 12/20/23, 12:42:26 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Is her ankle still broken?
(Barry made me ask.)
« Last Edit: December 12/20/23, 02:45:17 PM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Somedays I wonder... :scratch: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mousings been a little slow so I enjoyed this perfect day outside
 Cut two small dead elms down and made them into firewood. May never see another December like this

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here and heading for mid 30s today. Shows a little snow in the forecast this morning too. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 here and again going for 38 today..  got a few things to do today..  cook up a corned beef for one!!  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 34 now & lookin for 40. The Winter Soltice is at 9:27 in Mason City today so it's the shortest day of the year. According to TWC's site it's 8 hrs & 59 minutes long here today. Need to get some bloodwork done this week but it's not going to be today. No more now, have a good day.
« Last Edit: December 12/21/23, 07:48:01 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 30 here and headed to 39 the last I saw.  I just heard on the radio that this was the warmest Dec in Mn since 1888 or something like that with an average temp of 33.  Now lets take on Jan.  The wood pile is in great shape.  Won't need a fire for four days the way it looks.  The chili turned out great.  May freeze some of it.  Corned beef sounds great Mike.  I have one in the freezer yet too.  Well no big plans for the day so you all have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Getting mentally prepared for an action packed day of hauling chit. The Mrs. took off for work already so am spending a little quality time with Poppy before the festivities commence. She's sleeping on my leg so I'm committed for a while. A lot of diddling around moving gates, panels, & sheep in order to make it happen, plus a ~10'x10' area will need to be pitched. Shoulders are aching just thinking about it.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: December 12/21/23, 08:58:36 AM by Dotch »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,
Most farmers like you are rejoicing with the great weather. Although, you may not be able to use cold and snow as an excuse to get out of some work. lol.
I spent a great day at the land yesterday. Put in a few miles walking and exploring the woods. This is something I don't do enough of during the hunting seasons. Oh, I forgot, I was hunting or at least carrying a shotgun. We did flush about 6 grouse but they are all still alive. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy isn't that the truth.   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i feel your pain today dotch!!!!! ugh i'm sore. afternoon fellers...got a whole 7 hours in. beer ad minnow money!!!! :sleazy: :happy1:

got a few things to do yet today!!! nuttin serious. lookin at the forecast saturday could turn into a  :toast: and  :campfire: afternoon. i volunteered my services at the store saturday AM!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We had our annual profit sharing meeting here in Warroad today. Over 20 mil shared amongst 7k something employees. That will be my minner and beer money if we ever get good ice. Good year for the company and it's people.  :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn near $3000 each
Better than jelly of the month club!  :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i know who's buying!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
i know who's buying!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Ya, but then you would have to drink the good beer.  ;)  :rotflmao: The sucky part is how much of that the gubment gets. Capital gains tax is a crime!
« Last Edit: December 12/22/23, 05:00:42 AM by Jerkbiat »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and heading for upper 30s today. Did some shopping in Roseau last night. It was after 8 when we got home. I see the neighbor has his alumalite fish house hooked up to his bearcat sitting in the driveway. He must have checked ice yesterday. Be interesting to see if he pulls it out today. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. With the holidays we get. I only had to use 3 days of PTO and get all of next week off. So I believe that is my plan. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 this morning and going for 40 today..  very thick fog this morning too!!  Glenn must be in the area!!!   not sure what I have going today, but I'll figure that out as the day goes on...   have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 34 and will hit about 40 maybe.  Will be a nice day.  Not a lot going on and that is ok.  Gonna have a pizza for supper so no prep with that.   :happy1:  Will be a nice long weekend for the wife.  You all have a good one.