Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5328408 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:tut: :tut: Just wait till yer belated Christmas presents show up in the mail...💩 👀
:rotflmao: :laughroll: :super smiley: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Late afternoon forum fellas,  was 31 earlier and shot up to 33. Been busy today, let the ladies play with my hair as they cut it earlier, hit a few other shops then a nap called after lunch!! Decided to change out the headlight bulbs in the pick em up,  what a chore that was. 3 bolts and a plastic clip hiding behind a trap door in the wheel well holds the headlight in place, but it doesn't come out until the grill and shroud come off first.  Sheeze,  whatta guy will go thru to light up the road better. Anywho looking forward to maybe finally see some sunshine tomorrow they say, this gloomy crap even has the pooch Crabby....see ya!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 20 this morning and should get to the upper 30's today and more sunshine!!!  managed to get a few things done yesterday and plan to get more done today..  saying fog here too to start the day..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 30 presently & we should see 34. Still foggy here as well but there's a chance of seein the sun here today too. :scratch: I got a couple more 1099s yday so I'll probably mess with my taxes a bit again today. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here and it is clear so far. Watching the sun start to poke up over the horizon. The ice is making noise this morning. I think we are supposed to get into the 30s today. It was so foggy yesterday afternoon you could barely see a 100 yards. Caught enough fish for tacos last night. Out here this morning to try and catch fish to send home with the daughter. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, campers. About 28° here this fine Sunday morning. Thick fog till noon o'clock, or so they say. It is thick, though. Got rid of some scrap metal yesterday. Glad that's gone no doubt I will find more here at the home.
      Looking at the 10 day weather forecast. Sure glad I went and bought myself a brand new snowblower. It might be new next year, too.
      Stay safe, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is 22 and the trees are full of frost from the fog earlier.  Still hazy out. We could hit 42 today.  We did get some sun for a short time yesterday afternoon.  Must have gotten close to 40.  Got a bale out to Bucko so he has lots to eat now.  Maybe a foot of snow in the pasture and was perfect traction in it to pull the bale out.  Haven't had to plow the feeding area yet.  Not a lot going on today as we wait for the NFL games to begin.  See ya later.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty froggy here this morning with the temp just below freezing. Hoping to get some sunshine after noon.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Affernoon comrades! 31 at choretime & heading for a high in the mid-30's. Think we already got there. Foggy & dreary yet. Still waiting for the sun. Looks like it might be lightening up but not holding my breath. Have battled the alien to a draw thus far. I dump copious amounts of various liquids on it and it just produces more snot. Should make a quick run outside to check the ewes and fill the birdfeeders. Gilligan's Island marathon is on so that fits my mental state perfectly prior to my regularly scheduled nap. 😴

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers......got home a bit ago.....pretty much unpacked. make a trip around the yard yet then watch football.   sure was awesome weather up dere!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon.  This weather is unreal but just my forecast is I think its a teaser.  We are not done with winter yet.  Lets see what happens after this full moon phase.   It's MN and anything can happen.  But no matter what at this point we are on the down hill side of winter.

Glad you made it home Glenn. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: thanks Scenic....there were an aweful lot of ice castle type houses in deer river and remer ??? :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Winnie or LOW I'm guessing .

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 23 here and heading for mid 30s today. Caught some fish yesterday to send home with the daughter. Got the woodshed all loaded up and even fixed the bearcat that wouldn't start yesterday morning. Turns out I bumped the kill switch the night before and didn't notice it.  :crazy: I always use the key. Oh well, easy fix.  :rotflmao: Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 27 now & on our way to 39, I'm hearin. :scratch: Visibilty < .25 miles again too. :pouty: We seem to do that with our wheeler & sled once in a while too, JB. :bonk: Kind of gotten in the habit of checkin it right away now if they won't go. :doah: The list is empty again today, so back to the routine. Have a good day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 28 here and again going for 39 today...   sure was a nice day yesterday!!   and sure glad I got the apple tree trimmed too..   looks like today could be almost as nice, saying some clouds today...  have a good day all!!

as for the IC Glenn, they had a get together on Red over the weekend too...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked the Big Bog web cam kind of early Saturday again & they had a pretty good turnout for that on URL, mike.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 26 and headed to 39 which I see as 40 today.  I think this is my last morning of therapy but will find out for sure when I get there.  That is all that is going on here today and that is ok with me.  Sure loving this weather.  Keep it up.  I haven't been getting emails and the wife figured out what was wrong.  She wasn't getting any neither.  Had to change a setting that I don't know how it got changed???  You all have a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I'll wash the truck today, the dealer I bought it from gave me three months of their "Premium washes" for free. Then stop by fleet to return a set of window vents that have a broken one in it, after that who knows. Maybe finish off that second mower and head to the dump with the scrap steel. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 & sunny at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Yesterday met with Auntie Mar Mar, Unkie Gregory & Mar Mar's brother who can be a workout. Went over their soil testing stuff. Wound up getting a squash cake, a bottle of tequila & a check for my efforts. Wife woke me up this a.m. at 6:30 because she thought it was 8 o'clock. :scratch: Not sure what that was all about but it chopped about 15 minutes off my beauty sleep. Better fire up the coffee as I continue battling the alien another day. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers........already done.......purty  nice out  :happy1: i caan see some outside time before my nap........ :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Dotch do you have covid?  My brother just got over a bout of that.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I doubt if it's COVID. Behaving like the crud that's been making the rounds here the past several weeks. People coughing & sneezing all over the place so no real good way to know who it came from or where.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Lasted close to 2 weeks in this household Dotch,  like you mentioned we didn't realize the body produced that much flem and snot. Although i did my best to drown it all.. ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I dealt with  that same crap this past spring   :confused: :crazy:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 here and heading for 35 today it says. Above freezing all night. Hope it doesn't do that to many nights or the ice may start taking a hit. I am amazed at how far out the resorts are getting with only 17" of ice. Must be pushing 6 to 7 miles out now. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 36 currently & we may see 39 later. A slight chance of some flurries this AM as well. They missed the boat here yday as we topped out nearly 10 degrees(47) than what TWC said early on. Got another eye appt tomorrow down south, Ankeny this time, so we're heading down this afternoon. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 34 and might see 37 today...  off to Sartell this morning...  yippie!!  sure was nice overall yesterday!!  have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a balmy 32 here already.  Should see at least 40 today.  How nice is that.  Finally seeing more fish houses on the road lately but not what it is like on a good ice fishing year.  Not a lot going on today and that is ok with me.  Just going to try to stay out of trouble.  Maybe a walk in the woods will be in store for us today.  Getting a nice trail out there.  Well you all have a good one. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Went to bed around 1100 last night it was 34.  Woke up at 0500 and it is still 34.  All night without being below freezing in Jan??  Strange weather.   Plenty to do today...going to work for a bit and then begin putting the boat back together.  Everything is stripped out of it so now the rebuild begins.