Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5331099 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 29 at choretime heading for a high right around the freezing/thawing mark. Misty & murky this a.m. with a light glaze on the roads making them slick. Hard to tell whether it was slippery or not. Could feel the front end of the pickup wander a few times so took 'er casual on the way in to Bugtussle. Ran the Buick yesterday & the heater fan works since it warmed up so can start driving that again. Also got the snow moved in the yearling lot & dug out their manger so they could go back to feeding on round bales again. Have some coffee, finish writing copy & see what else develops this a.m. Could take more paperwork home & play with Poppy this afternoon.       
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just don't overdo it Dotch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Gots all my trinkets on the truck. Turned out alright.

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Mark! I've read all your updates you did. So no plow for the big rig?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What year is the old one?  Gonna sell it with the plow?

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Bob, I’m looking for a plow now. Thinking 8’ straight blade Western or Boss. As soon as I find what I want the old truck is for sale. Barry it’s a 2013 F150 with 183,000 miles and the plow is a Boss straight 7’6” poly. Thanks for comments guys. I enjoy doing this type of stuff.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sharp looking truck Mark!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and heading for 31 today. Never cooled down last night. I made a run over to LPS' neck of the woods last night after work. Picked up 30 bags of frozen shiners for myself and a couple coworkers. 3 bucks a bag is a pretty good price. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 right now and could go up to 33 today..   saying drizzle could be happening too..  that will make a road trip interesting..  need to go over to Alex and get a few things today..  oh well...   have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, it looks like a repeat of yday here, 32 now & on our way to 34. With a heavier dose of the freezing fog. I started going through my closet yday & will do a bit more of that after I get my walking in. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 30 already.  Nice.  Darn JB I could have given you about that many if you didn't mind them being from last year.  A friend of mine used them till they were 10 years old and they still worked great!   I still have them if you need more of them.  I packed them when they were still alive so nice ones.  Well not a lot going on here today and I am glad.  A little sore from therapy yesterday but will loosen up as the day goes on.   Fun setting up a new truck Mark. Well you all have a great day.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, dang LPS. Now I know who to ask when I need more. I plan to vacuum pack some so they keep longer too. You ever try dipping them off of your dock in the fall?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No comment...   LOL  It is illegal to dip them off your own dock on the Rainy and then put them on a hook and drop them right back in the river to fish with!  ?????   I have told them how silly this is.  If you go on any creek running into the Rainy you can be just on the other side of that bridge and it is legal.  They are worried about them leaving our area and contaminating other waters.  I told the DNR that that is a geographical thing and should not be penalizing us on the Rainy for dipping them.  Pull people over and see if they are transporting them elsewhere.  Don't penalize us on the river. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked outside, ice coating everything...   

decided to wait til tomorrow to go to Alex...  don't want to walk on the icy sidewalks and take a header...   
« Last Edit: January 01/24/24, 08:25:30 AM by mike89 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn good executive decision Mike.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No comment...   LOL  It is illegal to dip them off your own dock on the Rainy and then put them on a hook and drop them right back in the river to fish with!  ?????   I have told them how silly this is.  If you go on any creek running into the Rainy you can be just on the other side of that bridge and it is legal.  They are worried about them leaving our area and contaminating other waters.  I told the DNR that that is a geographical thing and should not be penalizing us on the Rainy for dipping them.  Pull people over and see if they are transporting them elsewhere.  Don't penalize us on the river.
Right. There is some serious stupidity there. Wonder what the Permit cost? It is the same with catching tulibee and using as pike bait in the lake. Can't use those unless they are certified. But we are free to use whitefish if we want. Apparently it has to do with what carries VHS. But we should be allowed to use them in the waters that we trapped them out of. Just not transport them.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today's projects are;
Coffee, breakfast and a short nap.
Go to town, beer-run and Menards for light bulbs.
Start tearing apart two mowers and save the "good stuff".
Happy Hour at 5:00.
Looks like a busy day. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  Scenic came over to fish.  :happy1: been on the lake for over an hour  some lookers but nuttin in da bucket yet  :doah: its early.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's.Lots of salting and sanding this morning so the roads weren't as slick as yesterday. Had the freezing fog thing going on like Gunner a little bit ago but right now, doesn't appear to be freezing on the car parked outside the window. The dampness is making it feel colder than the thermometer might indicate. That and I may be battling the alien as Cannon used to say. Milkhouse heater under the desk warming me up feels pretty good this morning. Best get at it. Need to get more stuff done for taxes, retirement, SS, etc.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: SS, RETIREMENT?? :scratch: you'll have rime on your hands for an extra 50 head of sheep, AND be on the flannel fuhers advisory board. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Right. There is some serious stupidity there. Wonder what the Permit cost? It is the same with catching tulibee and using as pike bait in the lake. Can't use those unless they are certified. But we are free to use whitefish if we want. Apparently it has to do with what carries VHS. But we should be allowed to use them in the waters that we trapped them out of. Just not transport them.
That's crazy you guys, same body of water! We get into em pretty good in the spring, usually in a few current places around the lake, now and then on our shore. Been checked several times by the DNR, if we have the boat with its not an issue going back to the dock, but if we take the truck over the minners better not be in Lake water they tell us.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Shoulda just made one reply but late afternoon peoples 36 now was 31 when I went in 14 hrs ago. The little snow we had is pretty much gone in the front yard, the back still has some but it won't be long, man we sure could use a dumping especially for the lakes. Needed an afternoon project so decided to yank all the outside Xmas lights and decorations,  going up its usually a 5 beer gig, coming down it was a 2. Anyhow looking like brats on the grill shortly,  I'm moving a little slow ( being over worked) so I might hafta fake the runs....See ya!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and heading for 31 it says. We had freezing rain last night. The roads were starting to get slippery on the way home. So guessing they will be bad this morning. The daughter came up yesterday to visit for a few days. She had the time off, so came up. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.  Scenic came over to fish.  :happy1: been on the lake for over an hour  some lookers but nuttin in da bucket yet  :doah: its early.

We could not have asked for better weather.   It was great to get out together and fish.  Those fish yesterday were there but they were tight lipped.   Towards the end of the day I switched over to a bug shaped plastic and finally got a few to go.  All and all a great time on the ice.  The drive home last night in the sprinkling rain was less than exciting.   There were places on the road that was  pretty dang slick.   THANK you Glenn for the hospitality and look forward to doing this again!! 
Good morning All!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here and could go up to 33 again today..   fog here too..  plan is for today to go to Alex and get what I need..  I'm sure it's still slippery out there here too..   just have to go slow...  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 33 here & lookin for 35 later. Under a Dense Fog Advisory with visiblity down to ~ .25 mile. Some light rain in the afternoon forecast too. Got a big bag of clothes that need to make it out to the thrift store this AM. Otherwise just another day here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.. yea no problem Scenic was fun. Misty here. Temps are awesome.  Headed to Merc's side of 6 today to spearchuck. :sleazy: :evil:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  30 here now.  Gotta love it. Keep em coming.  Fun that you two got together yesterday.  Did you go over and steal Gunners beer?  :happy1:  I got the Ranger full of firewood yesterday so will keep the garage toasty in this weather.  No big plans today and that is great!  Mayhaps I will start a new book.  Gonna try to rest the body today.  You all have a good one.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
What???? Gunner had beer??   Dang we dropped the ball there!!!