Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5292851 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
14 here. Maybe 2 inches of snow at the most. Cool for a couple days and then rhe heat wave returns
 Kicking myself for not planting radishes when I had a chance.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Parked the 1/2 ton with the unused (ok once this year) plow on it in the garage last night. Should be snow free by now. For you guys that are sitting there saying "geez what a lazy bugger" I'll have you know I did blow it off with a leaf blower first. Most of it anyhow. Things to do, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is down to 9 at the moment.  It keeps dropping.  High of 16 today and 13 tomorrow.  Then back in the 30's.  Hurry up.  Will fire up the wood burner and feed the birds today.  Then just stay warm.  Don't think I have to go anywhere so will read a new kindle book I started last night.  Have a good one.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Woke up to 13° this fine morning. I FINALLY got to use my new snowblower. Granted, just on a couple of maybe 6" drifts that we could have easily driven over. But I got to use my new snowblower. I'm probably the only one really excited about this.
      This is so big, I'm thinking there should be a 60 Minutes news crew pulling up in the driveway sometime today.
      Stay safe, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 14 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. 2.3" of snow at the ranch with 2.5" in Bugtussle. Started out as rain & was hoping it'd stay that way. Oh well, Poppy really liked playing in it during chores. Wife has the day off so letting her man the fort while I slave away in town. Nice to have snow on those radishes. Makes them sweet as a wren's song.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, haven't heard from Reb in years.    I just checked and last was in 2020, when his mom died.   

Off to Cabrillo National Monument today

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
[quote/] Makes them sweet as a wren's song.  :coffee:
[/quote]
Bitter as the final tweets of a fatally wounded bluebird. Wrens are the feral cats of the bird world. :thumbs:
« Last Edit: February 02/15/24, 10:56:23 AM by roony »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
"They’re notorious for ruining the nests of chickadees, bluebirds and tree swallows and even, at times, killing the adult birds."
 https://saintpaulaudubon.org/2010/06/two-faces-house-wrens/#:~:text=They%27re%20notorious%20for%20ruining,times%2C%20killing%20the%20adult%20birds.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
"They’re notorious for ruining the nests of chickadees, bluebirds and tree swallows and even, at times, killing the adult birds."
 https://saintpaulaudubon.org/2010/06/two-faces-house-wrens/#:~:text=They%27re%20notorious%20for%20ruining,times%2C%20killing%20the%20adult%20birds.

damn they are a nasty bird!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't realize they were that aggressive.  We have seen them here but not often.  Maybe we just don't see them.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They're nothing compared to house sparrows though. Rats with wings or A-holes with feathers... :coffee:

https://www.nabluebirdsociety.org/PDF/NABSFactsheetHouseSparrowControl.pdf
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A properly sized hole should keep most of the sparrows out. Not so with wrens.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sparrows I knew more about, still interesting...   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The reason I rant about the wrens is because most people don't know how aggressive they are. All birds are territorial but they take it to the next level. Little bird syndrome.
« Last Edit: February 02/15/24, 11:57:10 AM by roony »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -3 here to start the day and heading for 11 above. A short cold snap this time. Guess I wouldn't mind seeing a f more old days o build a little more ice. I have a feeling we are not going to make it to far into March ice fishing this year. Oh well, plenty of other things to get done I guess. Just getting ready to head out fishing. One of the crew made it up last night. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 22 here & we may see 26 later. Got to the appt about a 1/2 hour early & we were leaving around 45 minutes later. :cool: The doctor wasn't so sure she completely likes the way the surgery is healing so we're headed back next Tuesday again. :rolleyes: No big projects on the list, so back to my morning gig. Have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, that's not great news Gunner..  hope all goes good!!   7 here and could see 15 today.  My son and his wife and are coming up later today, that will nice to see them...  got a few things to do today...  have a good day all!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Same as JB.  We just dropped to -3 here too.  High not much over 11.  We have a house sparrow couple here in the spring that try to nest in one of our houses on the power pole.  A 22 slug takes care of them and the other one takes off.  We only feed sunflowers and thistle seeds so as not to attract them.  Well at 12:30 I have my MRI.  I have a relaxer pill to take an hour early and in a half hour if I don't feel goofy and relaxed take the second one.  LOL  SO they leave me up to judge that???  LOL  Well not much will get done here today.  TGIF  You all have a great day!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much going on today. Going to pack some warm clothes and load up the side by side. Sister and bil want to head to Hubbard Co. ride them tomorrow. Looks like it may be chilly. Should install the mudflaps on the trailer this afternoon too. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   It is a tad chilly this morning.  Still sitting at -3 but the wind is howling.  Going to be another shop day for me.  Hopefully start to see some progress by this afternoon.  Have a great day All.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 11 at choretime heading for a high in the upper teens. A little chilly today relative to what we've become accustomed to. Was a little skim ice in the 3 water buckets nearest the door in the lambing barn. The ewes that haven't lambed weren't real jazzed about going outside either. Makes it a battle to get feed pans and hay into the lambing pens. They get nicknames real fast on mornings like this. Got several games of 20 questions played this a.m. & solved the apple core mystery. I toss an apple core out on the side of the building every morning ~10:30. When I throw one out there the next day, the previous one is gone. With bare ground there are no tracks. Potential suspects included squirrels, crows and cottontails. We had snow so was an opportunity to check it out. No question: We have a pet bunny at the office. Likely produce several dozen little garden & shrub eaters thanks to our generosity.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers....made it home about 10. was -3 when i left up there...that wind sucked. lotz of ice castles heading north. all unloaded and stuff put away!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
moenin all, 12 here and should see the mid 30's today along with plenty of wind...  son and DIL made it up yesterday and we had are having a nice visit..  got a few things on the agenda for today..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 9 now here & we're headed towards 34, I hear. :scratch: Looks like another breezy 1 here too, 20+ this PM, but it's going to go to the WSW so there's a warmup on the way. Got a couple 50's in the 10-day, in fact. The to do list is empty again today, so just a little putzin here. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
7 here right now in God's country. It was right at zero shortly after midnight. Hasn't been that cool for a while.

Waiting for the shop to warm up a bit.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
One more cup of coffee and I'm headed out. Going to be colder than I expected, but I've got my Carharts with. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 15 here and may see 32 today.  Love it.  It is already breezy here.  Will be windy out of the west today.  So they canceled my MRI yesterday.  Said they couldn't get the machine to start.  I should have brought my lap top and maybe we could have Youtubed how to fix it.  LOL  Now it is next Friday.  Glad they called before I took the goofy pills.   :sleazy:  Not sure what the wife has up her sleeve for me today.  Having coffee watching fishing shows waiting for my orders.  Well you all have a good one. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.....was 10 when i went to the store wind makes it chilly...... a sluff off day.  momma is light headed etc....her one eyeball doesnt line up with the other......called for an appt. no clinics open to day. triash nurse said ER so she's headed to paynseville!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck Glenn.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes good luck buddy!! :rotflmao: