Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5321993 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   WOW is it windy this morning already.  30 heading for 50 before the cold blast gets here.  Its a Monday already so busy day today and then to the shop for a while.   Have a great day All.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here could see 55 today..  and as JB said the roller coaster starts today...  after lunch yesterday I was cleaning my teeth and darn if my crown on my front tooth fell off..  another dentist bill...   oh well   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
How was the food. That place ain't far from our cabin

Did you get to meet Alice Weise by chance. I know her and her hubby fairly well and stop by there place now and then.
Glenn, the food there is always great. Had one of the best steaks in years Thursday after I got there. Alice is our Chapter Coordinator and I get to visit with her at least monthly. I've known her FIL for a number of years.
 Thanks for comments on the dog guys. Been out to wizz twice so far this morning. Even barked at me yesterday on the way home to get out of kennel to pee. Hope that keeps up. Chewing on a ball now and not the chair, another bonus. He was born on Dec. 23 so he's nine weeks old now. Ironically its exactly one year to the day we had to say goodbye to Tripp the Wonder Dog last year. So on tap today is puppy training and a visit to the chiropractor at 11:00. Have a great everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 34 here & we may see 70, 69 predicted. A very glenn-like day here again ;) :smiley: as we even have a Red Flag Warning today. Must've hit 11 hours of daylight here yday as today's 11:03 long. :cool: No more now, have a good day.
« Last Edit: February 02/26/24, 11:35:07 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. The snow has tapered off some here. Still windy as heck.  It's blowing the snow off of the roofs.  Not much on my schedule today so that is a good thing.  Had a hairy woodpecker in the feeder yesterday.  Was like a backhoe throwing food everywhere.  I yelled at him a couple of times but he came back.  A buddy was at a tree seminar a few years ago and the speaker talked about the worst thing on trees is woodpeckers but they are protected so not supposed to shoot them.  ???  So I don't.  Well you all have a good one. 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. 32° this fine, sunny morning. A tad windy, though. Good thing I don't have any hair to blow around.
      Mostly just cleanup where the kennel was. Used parts of the recently reshingled roof (5 years ago) to cover the opening to the cellar of my for shed. Cut another chunk to cover the well pit.
      May let the right shoulder recover a bit today. Torn rotator cuff.
Stay safe everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Had a few sprinkles ~ 4:30 yesterday afternoon. We were 60 yds. from the silver maple tree that's dripping sap like crazy so don't think it was that. No newbies so caught a breather in the lambing barn the past 24 hrs. Don't know much about Springers markn but that one sure has beautiful markings. Hopefully you kept deadeye in line the other day. Might be in trouble here with my neighbor. The family came over to see the lambs yesterday. His teenage stepdaughter played with Poppy most of the time & now she wants a Corgi. :doah: I was hoping she wanted the sheep. Be a lot less work for me. Weather's supposed to do a 180 here the next couple days then get nice again. Will need to batten down the hatches. Going to finish my coffee in the meantime.  :coffee:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good Morning.....33 here. Supposed to go to 60 today. Then snow tonight and only high of 15 tomorrow.

Got an alert on the phone last night about midnight. Hawley elevator on fire. Closed all of downtown due to smoke and ash. Cannot use water today. Almost drained the water tower to get it out.  :pouty: :pouty:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hopefully no one was hurt!!!

just got a call back from mt dentist, go in tomorrow afternoon at 2 to get my crown reattached!!!   
« Last Edit: February 02/26/24, 09:44:59 AM by mike89 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
17 fire departments here last night. Streets are still blocked off with smoke in the air here in town.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......got a good 6 hours in at the store.....little breezy but not stoppin me from  :campfire: and  :toast: this afternoon before the weather turns.

gunner.......iffin you had a Glenn type day....you'd be tired!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1:

Markn.....next time you see Alice say hi to her from me. i picked up a couple of those support wolf management signs last fall from her! :happy1:

Mike.good luck with the tooth!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here and snowing. Wind blowing hard out of the north too. Temp is just going to drop from here. Showing -12 for tonight. Back up to the 40s by Friday. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well its Day 2 of puppy training. Yesterday went well, no accidents in the house, walked around the yard without leash for an hour and half. Doesn't really like being in the garage, we'll see. Other than that not much on tap today, work on some bingo stuff, clean out the truck from the weekend about all. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 33 presently & we're hoping to see 57 today. A chance(<50%) of a little snow tonight here too, ~ .5". One local station said we hit 75 here yday, so there was a lot shorts & t-shirts along with quite a few 2 wheelers to be seen. :happy1: No big plans for today yet, have a good 1.
« Last Edit: February 02/27/24, 06:51:48 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and I think that's the high for today...  -2 tonight, burr...   well got a 2pm appointment to get my crown put back on my tooth...  feels different without it.  have a good day all!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........35 here also. looked at a webcam up north, there is snow on the ground. -12 below up there tonight.... :cold:

between not getting a nap in after being up at 3;30. being outside and a few beers........i crashed early last night!!!!! :confused: tough getting old!! :shocked:

not anything on the agenda currently...sounds like meatloaf for chow tonight!!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 18 here and will bet down to -14 tonight. Will give Bucko extra grain tonight. We have snow coming down with the wind blowing it around.  I can still see some grass showing so no huge amounts yet.  They are saying 3-6" for us.  Just going to huddle down and wait out the storm today.  You all have a good one and stay safe. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like a white-out on the Big Bog webcam early today.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Nice sunrise this fine morning. 38° but no wind which (according to NWS) should kick in by 9:00.
      Nothing on the agenda for today. Putter around the home, drink coffee and try to remember where I put a couple bottles of RemOil I bought a few weeks ago. Better make sure the new snowblower is ready for the trace of snow we might get.
      Stay safe everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't wear that snow blower out TT.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i havent even started mine yet.......and i hope not to this year. we decided  to take Moms up the the cabin..that hasnt been started either........ODD!!!!!!! :crazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Used ours 2-3 times..............so far.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   Well here she comes.   Was 34 at 0600 this morning and is down to 19 right now.  My at home weather station is saying wind N/NW at 16 gusting to 27.  Just started snowing here and its coming horizontal.   Going to be a good day to spend in the shop working on the boat. 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
.     So far I've used a whole 20 minutes. It does a good job. It's pretty and shiny. I should probably quit my belly aching.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've only plowed two or three times and once was just to have fun plowing.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 35 at choretime heading for a high in the upper terdies. Looks like it might've already made that as the temp is down a couple degrees at Waseca. No newbies in the overnite so am sure when the weather turns to chit tonite and tomorrow there will be all kinds of them. Otherwise just need  to finish writing, editing and proofing copy before it goes to print. Thinking if I can I'll take the afternoon off. One hose to drain before it freezes & should cover the daffodils that are ~4" tall. And of course, Poppy needs her people time.  :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How many ewes are you still waiting on Dotch?  How many total this year?  Did you cut back some from last year?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still 16 to come in yet & 29 total. I thought we were cutting back but the wife seems to think cutting back means culling the ewe flock, then adding an equal number of replacement yearlings back in. This is the same kind of formula our govt. uses. At least we don't have a bunch of yearlings that got bred by accident like last year.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it all goes well with the weather and all. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Well so much for the "BIG" snow.   They said 6-7" and the ground is not covered here.  The snow is past us already.  One small fast moving batch heading this way but I don't expect much out of that one.  They did get the wind and cold temps correct.