Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5321897 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Plenty warm already at campground. Looks like another beer and pool event is scheduled for this afternoon. Yes Bob I did blow out the tranny cooler and radiator while the grill was off. Now the shop floor is dirty. Later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morninf all, 66 here and again heading towards 81 today...  about 5am heard some thunder, but no rain here... seems to be south of us for now...    got my road trip done yesterday along with mowing the yard..  and then I got several other outside things done too...  nice to have them caught up..   got a couple more for today..   have a good day all!! 
« Last Edit: July 07/21/24, 06:50:21 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, going to be another warm 1 here. We had 65 with 96% humidity @ 6 & we'll top out at 82. We had a boat bumper on the dock that was just barely hanging on & it was bothering me. So, that got fixed yday, the power cord to the lift got rerouted too. As long as I was down there, I cleaned up some of the huge mat of floating weeds that's surrounding our dock as well. :rolleyes: Never did get my boat ride in yday though. :sad: Have to see where today takes me, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......man was Richmond a disappointment........ :pouty: pretty dead, even the kid said it wasnt very busy friday nite. i left before the town got bombarded with parade watchers!!!! reckon i'll start organizing stuff for the cabin.

50% chance of rain this afternoon........may cut the lawn before that. mixed me up a batch of homemade bloody mary mix yesterday for my trip to the northland!!!! :happy1: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  65 here with 85% humidity.  We got home late yesterday afternoon.  Had a cold one on the deck.  It was calm and so humid it was almost wet.  Good to be home.  Slept great last night. The truck got a good warsh on the way home a few times.  May trim some low hanging branches today. Will see how that goes before I make more plans.  You all have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Possible showers after mid-morning. Coming in from the NE sorta thru the backdoor. Stude was a trooper yesterday. Made it thru the car cruise some 270 miles later. Looks like the NOS drain plug & gasket cured the oil leak. Not one of our stellar outings tho. Winona is a nice town but they've really effed it up with all the roundabouts. Confusing for anyone coming thru the 1st time including google maps. I had that so mixed up it didn't know boo from sic' em. We had 13 cars making it easy for wrong turns and getting separated. We grabbed a few snacks at Kwik Trip then to the museum ~1:30. The Remlinger car collection was just OK. A lot of Mopar crossfire hemi muscle & drag cars with the occasional Ford or Chevy. The fatal error tho was to go to the scenic overlook afterwards. I had suggested we eat 1st but that fell on deaf ears. People got lost & turned around trying to find the overlook. By the time we got to the eating place, it was pushing 4 p.m. People were crabby including me. Had to bail out as the wife was gone to Rice Co. Fair, Poppy needed to be let out and there were chores to do. No food in the house either so I made a grocery run after chores. No desire to go back to Winona anytime soon after that. Going to relax a bit today, mebbe mow some lawn when the dew comes off iffn it doesn't rain. If it does, nap time!  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: July 07/21/24, 09:03:32 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 65 & fog early here, they're sayin 77 will be the high. Some early PM showers in the hourly today too. I messed with the old lift a bit yday, brought some more weeds up from the dock as well. Going to be another roll with it type day here. Have a good day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 and heading towards 82 today..  50% chance of rain they say too..  we will see at the end of the day..  humid already too..  got a few things to putz with today just not in any rush...   have a good day all!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 68 and very humid here. We got .87" of rain before I left for work this morning. Started raining between 3&4 this morning. Well we got the food plots all planted and I was home by 10:30 yesterday morning. The wife decided to vacuum out her new car yesterday afternoon and found that her new car was full of water under the floor mats.  :angry2: Mold is starting to grow. Can't believe it. Going to be calling a chubby dealer this morning. Someone has some fixing to do. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man we had a thunder storm blow through here a little while ago.  Got 3/8" of rain so may not have to water the tomatoes and cukes and onions today.  More rain is possible too. That will affect what gets done outside here today.  I did hobble out and cut down a little tree with the electric chain saw yesterday.  Nice little saw for trimming type of stuff.  Glad we got it.  Well you all have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Might look into cleaning out pickup today. Mr. Muddy Paws Lenny has left some sand and dirt in it. After that who knows. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 62 at choretime heading for a high around 80. A trace of rain at the ranch & .02" in Bugtussle. Typical Monday so far for this time of year. Had a sick lamb to treat this a.m. so gave it a couple kinds of antibiotic to see if it'll knock out whatever's ailing him. Got a bunch of things to nail down before heading to Canada to play for a few days. as my buddy Bill says, this playin' is a lot of work! The biggest issue is to get another trailer or rack of hay before I leave. Will have to check with my local Studebaker mechanic to see what he has in mind in that department. Don't want the Mrs. to run out of small squares during my absence. That would be bad. Lotsa other things to do as well including some lawnmowing. Get that done & the rest should be doable. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers............got done at the store about 11;30. came home to 2 box's of bing cherries in the wifey's car!!!!! 1 is for granddaughter. there done taken care of.

not sure what i'm gonna do yet...... :scratch: :scratch: this humidity suxs!!!!!!!! :bs: :surrender: :puke:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 here and supposed to make 71 it says. Stiff easy wind coming off of the lake this morning. It is a bit wavy. Got some more rain last night. Just .1", but it ended my plans of cutting grass. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Truck cleaned up and locator mounted in boat yesterday. Got too hot and muggy to finish it. Besides it was 5:15 and I heard a beer fridge calling my name. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and might see 75, a bit of a difference from the last few days...  but not to fear the warm weather will be right back...  heard yesterday a friend had a heart attack over the weekend..  not good, a widow maker  they say..  got a couple things to do today and them who knows...   have a good day all!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 61 here & they say 73 will be our high today. Got a line wet yday, had 1 eye :cool: that was too small to keep. Got a real little perch too & then I got chased off the lake by some rain. Worked on the old lift for a bit again in the afternoon. Looks like we had a little more rain overnight too. Talked about going to town today...............but we'll see. :scratch: 'Bout it here, have a great day.
« Last Edit: July 07/23/24, 07:18:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 62 and will get into the 70's today.  We had a lot of thunder again last night but only about 1/8" of rain.  Still real cloudy with a breeze this morning.  Looks pretty wet out.  No big plans for the day.  Want to get the garden weeded today.  We shall see. Have a good one.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  We got a quick shower over night that was very welcomed.   We were starting to get pretty dry here again.  Looks we may get a shower or two today.  Heading to the shop this morning to tear apart a Crestliner transom.  Have a great day!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......rainin real nice at the moment.......not alot planned for the day right now. bring truck in for the air bag sensor light.

Senic.......rumor has it you got Iowaboys boat!!!!! hope the bullhead slime aint to bad!!!! :rotflmao: try and talk him out of bullhead details too!!!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao:

Mike........i had a BIL that had bypass with that widow maker vein....he turned out Ok...no heart attack  though caught it in time. hope all turns out for your friend!!! :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sheets of rain from the west got behind the cover and filled the window well, and leaked into the basement.  Indoor/outdoor rugs in the laundry room got soaked, but no other damage.  Drying out with fans now.   :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Rain heading at us, as close as New Ulm already but supposed to fizzle mostly before it gets here. Not a lot on the slate other than poking around some bean fields. Wasn't real exciting yesterday in that dept. Beans are moving along setting pods but they need to be. If it lowers the boom in mid-Sept. could be some long faces after an already rough growing season. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Why don't you go to Canada and drink some cribbage and play Gin.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'd like that roony altho it's a little up in the air after this morning. They put Bill's mom on hospice care yesterday and she died this a.m. :sad: Now, he said he still wants to head north anyway but it will be contingent somewhat upon arrangements, etc. And if it has to wait or is too rushed for the amount of miles traveled on this end, I understand completely. In the meantime, I harvested a bunch of these for the wife's decorating project at Freeborn Co. Fair. Just think what I could accomplish if I got laid once in a while! :shocked:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear my friend!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear my friend!

sorry to hear that too.. my friend passed away this afternoon also..  no more suffering...  RIP...   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your fishing buddy's mom, Dotch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear my friend!

sorry to hear that too.. my friend passed away this afternoon also..  no more suffering...  RIP...   
bummer.sorry to hear Mike!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

Senic.......rumor has it you got Iowaboys boat!!!!! hope the bullhead slime aint to bad!!!! :rotflmao: try and talk him out of bullhead details too!!!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao:

Good morning.   I think I have all that slime out of it already.  Just about to tear all the floor wood up and see what is under that. Then going to inspect the floatation foam to be sure that is not soaking up water.  If so I am going to tear that all out as well.  His boat is getting a complete make over inside and out.   Then he is going to repower it with a new Suzuki.   The plan was to have this as a winter project but I know he has that new motor sitting there already and is itching to get it on this boat.  So I moved it up the priority ladder.   

I told him we could put rainbow graphics on it and he said ......never mind not going to repeat that on here.   So looking to design custom graphics for him.     

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and heading for 77 today. It was nice and cool 70 yesterday. Perfect for getting the grass cut. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.