Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900713 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
One thing about these fictional weather events is they sure leave behind a thick layer of the wettest heaviest slop I ever did see. Good thing I'm tough like Smurfy so I can handle it!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to know roony. If this was a late winter fake snowstorm, I'd probably just drive on it. Since this white colored slurpee will freeze into ankle-breaking ruts when the temperature drops, I'd better move it before tomorrow nite. Another broken ankle we don't need.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote]
That is a cool read. So what is the lost 40?
[/quote]

This section was thought to be under water when the survey took place. Everybody mentions the red and white pines, but there’s also some really big birch trees.
I’d recommend going in the late spring or else fall. The trails can get pretty overgrown in spots, and the flies are vicious. 
It’s pretty cool.
I’ve been to the old growth forests in California and Washington, too. Some huge pines, cedars, and redwoods.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It's 40 acres and you can google it since it is pretty famous.  The Lost 40!  I believe it didn't get surveyed back when they were cutting down all of the big white pines.  Kind of got overlooked I think.  SO it is still huge trees of old growth timber.  There is a little parking lot and some nice trails to walk.  Can see it all in an hour or so.  It is pretty cool.  You can get a sore neck from looking up at them.  We will do it again.  SW of Northome.
I did look it up. Need to put that on the to do list. Thanks.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got the sidewalk and drive way cleaned up.. and it's drifting in front of the house door already...  oh well more cleaning later but at least it should be way less!!!   had some good drifts in front of the garage..  got the mail box area cleaned just in time to get the mail...  just about time for a beer!!!   or a brady water!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Evenin all, nowhere near 2" predicted when I went out ~ 2 but it'd started again around 7. We need to be in Mason City by 8:15 tomorrow & then we're headed to Marshalltown for another appt @ the eye clinic on Friday. We'll check 511 & TWC before we leave but it looks OK now. :happy1: So, might be out of touch for a day or 2. Stay safe & I'll talk at you we we get back.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels Gunner!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 14 here and that is the high for today the way it looks. Just another fine day in the salt mines is about all from here. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup safe travels to all...  14 and might see 17 today..  have to go and check to see how much more cleaning up I have to do this morning.. at least the wind has settled down...  going over to Little Falls hopefully today too..  skip Alex this week...   have a good day all...    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I need to finish plowing the driveway and yard today. Then take the tractor and make any piles of snow disappear after that. Make a run to town and get the dog from the vet this afternoon. After that who knows, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  14 here.  Cloudy day.  At least we are not getting snow.  Not a lot going on today and that is just fine.  This evening we go to the Ruby's Kitchen deal to pick up misc. food.  Whatever they give us.  Kind of fun to see what it is.  Later boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just took a look and I will firing up the snow blower too for a final clean up..   the last of the snow with the winds left me a few gifts...   

well the township plow just went by so time to clean the snow up...   
« Last Edit: January 01/05/23, 09:56:25 AM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........small truckload today so got done early!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: expected a pile from the city at the end of my driveway when i got home????  :scratch: :doah: someone blew it out??? i think its my doorknob neighbor :scratch:

i might have  to say nice things about him soon!!!!!!!!  :doah:

still gotta clean up some snow then head to moms!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm pooped!! It'll be nice to get a break from cleaning up snow.

Cept now I need to get snow off the roof.  :confused: :doah: already started.

I can't remember the last time we had this much snow. My fire ring disappeared!!🤣

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good evening comrades! 28 at morning choretime & 11 at evening choretime. Something wrong with this picture... :scratch: Got the yard cleaned up. Was surprised how well the blower worked given the wet slop underneath once I tried it. Took some power but it handled it nicely. Was disappointed the snowplow had messed up my painstaking work with the skidsteer in front of the mailbox. When I got the mail the lady delivering it said it was still much better than most. I think she wanted me but I was on my way to get feed so had to take a raincheck. Need to haul a couple lambs to the locker tomorrow morning early then haul the wife to her Dr's. appt. In the meantime, savoring today's accomplishments especially the bj with cocoa & VSOP.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!! 3 above here and heading for 15 today. Big plans for the weekend will probably be fish. Not else from here. One more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -2 here and hoping to see 17...  got plenty done yesterday and plan to keep it up today..  always something to do...   have a good day all...   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........how do you rate up near the north pole JB  :scratch: :rotflmao:???????? its -6 here!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: do some snow removal from the roof today is about all i got on the agenda!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to finish cleaning up with the blower today. Got cold yesterday and quit early. I did get the trail blew out so the "squirrels" get some corn in the back yard. Need to make a Menards trip today to pick up spring water for the coffee machine. That's code for walking around the store and buying something I really don't need, but should have. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I do that too Markn.  Last weekend when we were in the Falls I stopped in and got me some copper fittings to make one of those sewer vent things.  Should have done it last summer.  Then we walk around through the pet dept.  Then the rest of the store.  Glad that the wife likes doing that too.  I do need to text her cuz she gets lost and I can't find her at times. It is 4 here and like JB said should get into the teens.  One day closer to spring.  At least no wind again today.  That really helps.  Dotch will be out at the mailbox every day now that the mail lady had her eye on him.  LOL  You all have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LPS how did you heat duck work out???

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I called the company that makes them and they won't sell the parts directly to me but I can pick them up at Menards in a couple of weeks.  The typically make them in even sizes.  The duct that I ordered online were 10x15.  That is an oddball that they had to make because they are not a stock item.  That is why I couldn't buy the end caps.  I told Menards they shouldn't be offering odd sizes online and they wouldn't have to go through this extra step.  SO the company has been real good about it and will specially make these end caps for me.  $20 ea. so not bad.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........how do you rate up near the north pole JB  :scratch: :rotflmao:???????? its -6 here!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: do some snow removal from the roof today is about all i got on the agenda!!!!!!!!
Barry and I rate pretty high up here by the north pole.  :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry and I rate pretty high up here by the north pole.  :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Barry, you & the wife stop in the new Tractor Supply here in I-Falls? I like it cuz it's not as damn big as Menards if you only need one little thing. Different assortment of stuff also. Also Border Bobs has re-opened if you like that sort of stuff. They are on limited weekend hours until spring.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes we did stop at Tractor Supply a month ago.  I need to go through it again.  I have never been to Border Bob's and wondered what was in there?  Is there food there?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
No food that I know of. Souvenir type stuff plus some clothes. They are adding a art gallery section with some of the photographs from local guys. Some very, very talented photographers around I-Falls. Pretty cool some of the stuff they print on these days. Slate, acrylic, metal.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We will make a point of stopping in there.  Thanks

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Evening comrades! 5 during morning chores, rose to 11 & currently -1 after evening chores. Got the lambs dropped off at the locker this a.m. They're getting closer to being USDA inspected which could mean a new market for us closer to home than Zumbrota. They recently upgraded their unloading area which was a marked improvement.  Got the wife to her Dr's appt. She starts physical therapy next week. Making headway but I'm still carrying a major load. I am so grateful to those who have brought us food. I Falls is one of my favorite places to visit in MN. Love shopping for groceries & adult beverages there before we cross into Canada. Having a Stickman pizza at the BB with a pitcher of beer is the icing on the cake.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Border Bar seems to have a huge following up here. I'm not much of a thin crust guy and hardly drink anymore so I don't get in there. In fact I've never been in the bar part. I go to Sammy's once in a while but they are thin crust also.

Saw the sun the last couple of days so makes me think spring should be here in 6 months or so.   :smiley: