Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5444512 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi Guys, almost 3 inches here in Med City...   Or Cawchester....   Finally get to stop watering the spruces I planted this spring.     

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from you stranger.  Hope all is good with you and that your spruces grow big.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Garnered another .03" of rain at the ranch from a brief shower yesterday forenoon. Nada in Bugtussle. My innards are out of kilter but made it thru the car club picnic. The one guy was in a tizzy when the LP tank went dry on one the grill so we actually didn't eat until 4:45. :rolleyes: Got a trailer full of lambs loaded up this a.m. so will be hauling them to Zumbrota early afternoon. Should make chores less worse as a buddy of mine used to say. Good to see you here again del. Imagine you've been hanging out up north where everyone wants to be, until winter.  :cold:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Two+ years of inflation will do that.   :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Boat prices have far exceeded inflation. Who needs an $60,000 plus fishing bost?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Boat prices have far exceeded inflation. Who needs an $60,000 plus fishing bost?
with that cash you have Roony.......you should get 2!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :sorry: Gunner dared me!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty:

afternoon fellers......got done at the store about 11;30 ish. had a a home project to do, and damn near kicked my  :moon:...but i showed it who was boss!!! :happy1: not much else going today.......work on a few cabin lists i got going and i'm thinking one of them Dotch sunday afternoon naps on a monday!!!!!! :happy1: :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 09/25/23, 02:35:42 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck they are double that. But when you live on a big lake you need a bigger boat. Glad we got ours in 21 before they really started climbing.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and heading for 70 today. Sounds like a nice day ahead. Just did some laundry last night and we will stop and dry it at the laundry mat on the way home. New washer and dryer are supposed to be in later this week. So we should be able to pick them up this weekend. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Made a to do list last night. Will start off with a light in the house that is not working. Forgot the list in the garage last night and I don't remember what else is on it now. Maybe a another cup of coffee will help, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 here too...    saying 69 for us here..   bring it on!!!  not much going on today..   but I'll find something to do..   don't even need a wife for that!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
morning  guys  maybe some gals  i'm back for another season of fishing reports etc
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  51 and headed to 76.  Sunny and calm so far. I will run to town and get some stuff to make a pot roast today. Cleaning out the barn is high on my list of stuff to do so may get to that today.  With only one horse it will get easier.  Good to hear from you too Cookie.  Enjoy the day! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So how do you get the page where all of the recent things are shown?  Not the list on the left but the main page of them?  Think I figured it out.  ???
« Last Edit: September 09/26/23, 08:09:45 AM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 54 early here & I'm seeing 72 for the high. Looks like there's another .2" in the gauge with most of that coming mid-afternoon. It sounds like we might have power to the new shed by the end of the week as the electrician stopped by & marked where the underground will go. He said Thursday was what he was thinking, so there's some stuff in there that'll be getting moved 1st thing today. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So how do you get the page where all of the recent things are shown?  Not the list on the left but the main page of them?  Think I figured it out.  ???
LPS........it would be under the upper red lake area.  :happy1:

morning fellers.......nice cool morning. like Mark need to work on some cabin lists......3 to be exact!!!!!! my honey do lists for the time being is pretty short. gonna pull and clean the last of my kalarabi, then only 7 mater plants left. those will get yanked before i head to the cabin about 10-12. been cleaning up black walnut leaves and stems. dont want them in the garden or lawn.

kinda concerned about my pal, shadow. when i got home from the store he was limping, his front foot. this morning it was swollen, checked it out a couple times and nothing stuck in his paw???? :scratch: not sure how it happened.....but he's not been the same, pretty low keyed!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Been a crazy busy last few weeks.   We did finally get some rain the last couple days and I wish it would just keep right on raining.  Lake is dropping fast despite the rain.  With cool down I am starting to get that walleye jigging urge during the day and night trolling in the dark.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Foggy and misty so far, with a good chance of some showers mixed in. Got some additional rainfall yesterday afternoon so there's actually mud in the feedlot again. Trip to and from Zumbrota yesterday was uneventful. Lambs were stubborn coming out of the trailer this time. Was a bunch of commotion in the alleyway ahead of them with some large Holsteins moving through. They probably had never seen cattle before. So far kind of a slower day on tap as I finish my copy this forenoon, send out some bills then head home to play with Poppy a while. She napped on the couch beside me a while yesterday afternoon. After loading & hauling lambs yesterday followed by some lunch, it didn't take much to follow suit.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Everything under control on the home front so I'm heading out for my first bow hunts of the year. Plan to hunt this afternoon and evening and then tomorrow morning as well. Probably won't shoot anything but just have an itch to scratch. Who know, maybe a bear will show up.  Also, I'm excited to see what the rain we got (only 2.5 inches) will do to my baron food plots. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I also have been thinking on jigging Scenic,  havnt bought minnows for quite awhile so I might just run some soft plastics. Yeah Glenn the sheepies usually dig em also but hey, action is action. Afternoon peoples 65 and still wearing shorts at work, havnt strapped on blue jeans since May so that'll be coming soon I'm afraid.  Had the tires rotated on the pick em up on Saturday,  at 75 was a little shaky so I might just going back tomorrow after further testing,  checked the lugs earlier and they were tight. Anywho  best have momma slide down the Bannister to warm up dinner...See ya!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   I did make it out jig fishing yesterday afternoon for a bit.  Jumbo perch were on fire until dark.  Then we trolled raps in the moon light.   They were hungry too!!  Felt so dang good I am heading back out this morning to do some more.  Have a great day all.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Sounds fun Scenic. 57 here this morning and heading for 70ish today. We forgot to dry the clothes on the way home yesterday. So we hung them on some rope outside. Supposed to be nice today, so ma nature can dry them out. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Found my list, did a couple of the small projects on it and said the heck with it. Ripped everything out of the garage on the West end and put it all outside. After that I pulled the mezzanine off the wall. I checked the calendar and that wall is getting insulated today and sheeting put on it tomorrow. Next week hopefully the last wall on the North side will be completed and I can get a LP tank put out back and heater hung up. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 here and going for 67 today..  no rain yesterday and don't think any today either.. going to Alex today and get a few things..  always something..   have a good day all...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 54 here early & we're headed for 66. Got pretty nice yday afternoon, so I spent most of it outside doing yardwork. Then we topped it off with a little HH over on the neighbor's patio.  :cool: We too are headed to town today as we need a few groceries. No more now, have a great day.
« Last Edit: September 09/27/23, 07:30:52 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........momma has an appt down in the big city today with infectious disease. i dont need to go with!!! :rolleyes: :happy1:

its a big day for me. first time in maybe 30 years i'm going to a barber shop!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: did i tell ya she's kinda cute!!!! :sleazy: farmers market is here today......gonna check out iffin they got good home grown apples!!!!!! other then that i'll putz around home!!!!!!!

seems like its been 2 months since i've been to the cabin!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: wont be going till about 10-12!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 58 & drizzling at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Another dab of rain yesterday with .15" falling at the ranch & .10" in Bugtussle. Scattered stuff on the radar heading this direction so for most another holding pattern type day. Some corn coming off in a few spots but that's been about it. So far yields continue to run better than anticipated. Guessing they'll only get better. As the saying goes, 1st liar doesn't stand a chance!  :embarrassed:   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice sunny day here so far.  Rain chances on Friday it looks.  Not a lot planned today.  I did get the crap all scooped out of the barn yesterday.  Most was all dried up so not too tough.  Feels good to have it done.  Always something to do I will find something to keep me busy today.  The carb on the WD may be top of the list.  You all have a good one. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't get the garage insulated yesterday. Had lunch and felt terrible after that. So we're up bright and earlier today. Sounds the brother and I are headed to deer camp on Saturday morning for some grousing with his new dog. After that we're putting up a couple of stands. Thinking pork chops on the grill along with some cole slaw for dinner on Saturday night. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm