Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5444152 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here and heading for 68 today. Just seen on the camera that Yogi was in the yard just before 4 this morning. Must have been checking the bird feeder. I putzed with the lights on the snowmobile trailer last night. Looks like I need to pick up a new end for the wires and replace that first . That will be tonight's project. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 here and heading to 71 today with some wind they say too..   it almost looked like the northern lights were visible over night but not sure..  got a few things to do today so that will keep me busy for a bit...  sounds like some friends are having a fish fry sunday, might have to check that out!!!   have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......work hard and you get done early!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rolleyes:

small truckload, its inventory time so no doing backstock, and the little old gal that helps, when she's there, came in today, so when i got done with the heavy juices i left. figured i'd give the hours to at least pay for gas driving to and from st cloud. i;m just an all around nice guy!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :happy1:

its gonna be one of them Gunner, Mikey kind of days........i'll figure something out to do!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/28/23, 08:34:20 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Another .01" of rain at the ranch & .04" in Bugtussle. A few more people nosing into some corn here and there yesterday but the beans remain too wet. Kind of a PITA to keep changing back and forth but that may be what we're up against. Especially a pain for those raising seed beans as they're real sticklers at the seed plant if there's any corn mixed in with the soybeans. Worked on pasture fence last nite as the vine crops had weighted the bottom wire down so it was touching the ground in spots. With the recent moisture it grounds the fence out. Checked the rest of the fence too just to make sure. Got done about dark and when I put the tester on the fence, it lit up like a Christmas tree. ⚡ 
« Last Edit: September 09/28/23, 09:03:54 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A breezy cool 61 here this morning.  No rain till tonight and tomorrow.  We have a few apple trees and I have been waiting for bears or deers to show up but don't seem to have shown up yet.  I have seen Cooper chew on an apple so I went out and shook one branch and about 10 apples fell.  Thought that would keep him in fruit for a few days.  Not.  Now when I let Jake out untethered he speeds right for the apple tree since he has seen Cooper doing it.  They both just keep munching on apples.  Last night as we were watching TV Jake was so high on the sugar in the apples he was just going crazy bugging Cooper.  Jumping all over.  I put him in his pen for a break and within a minute he was zonked out.  LOL   The wife is going to her annual sisters weekend tomorrow and won't be home till Sunday.  I am already plotting my weekend strategy.  Think I will go to town and get one of their nice thick ribeyes to grill.  Mayhaps a yam too.  Great combo.  Was it a nice bear JB?  Black one?  I need to get some cams out here.  Well better check on the dogs.  Later. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, ya it looked like a pretty nice bear. It would make a good eater.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here this morning and heading for 66 today with a chance of rain sometime today. Got most of the lights working on the snowmobile trailer last night. Had to pull another wire for the running lights on the driver side. Need to add new wiring on the trailer to the project list. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and might see 72 today..   maybe some rain too..  we shall see!!  other than that not much on the agenda today, so I'll just go with the day and see what it brings on...   have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here and headed to 65.  Rain around noon it looks.  Nice morning.  The dogs are fed and already laying down resting.  They are wondering where Mom is.  LOL  I am not in a hurry to do anything but will see what the day brings. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just seen today is national coffee day!!  enjoy a cup!!!   I am!!    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just seen today is national coffee day!!  enjoy a cup!!!   I am!!    :happy1:
that musta been why i ground up some Tanzanian coffee this morning!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: actually cause i'm working the store tomorrow morning for the gal thats getting married. tried talking her out of it!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.......was quite the light and thunder show early this morning. pretty much over now. looked and about a little over a 1/4 inch!!!!

went to the farmers market looking for homegrown apples, guy didnt show up. ended up with some garlic cloves and locally grown onions. mama and i are going to take a drive to one of the orchards later today. we decided the collegeville orchard!!!!! after that who knows!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn, If you get down my way, stop in a pick a few buckets full. I've been hauling them out for a while now.  :azn:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: thanks deadeye, but I have a hell of a time convincing myself to go to st cloud nowadays . :pouty:

Iffin I ain't going north it's not appealing to me lately.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Rain missed us at the ranch & in Bugtussle earlier this a.m. but just off to the west there was up to .6". Greater chance of rain here tonite again. Heading to Black River Falls for our fall cruise tomorrow. Kind of a brief 1 day deal but should be a good time. None of the octogenarians are going so that takes a lot of the stopping every 20 minutes to go to the bathroom nonsense out of the equation. Better get at it here. Things to see and people to do... :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get the West wall done yesterday. A lot of work when you’re by yourself, out of shape and fat. Pretty stiff and sore, but it will be alright. Going to make a run to Osakis to pick up a recoil pad for my Baretta today and get ready to head to Hubbard Co tomorrow. Have a great day all, later…… :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 60 here when I went down to the boat & 65 will be our high. I kept 3 :fish2: today & had quite a few nice gills too but they went back, 1 was 9 3/4". The electricians were here yday so we were busy clearing out the shed for 'em early. Was just out there rearranging things & it started pouring ~ 9:30. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Da Smurf scored!! $39.00 later 3 different types of apples a jar of wild blueberry preserves and a jar of black cherry preserves. :happy1:

Had a sample of each apple on the drive home. Harland was the best.
Macintosh and Lakeland apples. They were all good

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  arrived lakeside bout 4:45 or so. We beat the storm systems out, but the oldest just arrived a little bit ago and he had to run the wipers as fast as they would go. I'll be surprised if we get the boat off the lift in the morning, the water is so friggin low. Kinda nice tho,  not a ripple on the lake and no boats!! Unlike the summer months.  The Ash and Basswood trees are bright yellow already with the Maples and Oak still green but the drought sure has knocked off lots of leaves especially the driveway in the woods. Anywho if we fight the boat off we'll be doing some jigging with some swim jiggers and perhaps some top water until we yake the boat out and lift tomorrow,  sad how fast the year went. Anywho....See ya!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/29/23, 07:24:49 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck Bobber!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep good luck buddy. Just keep the cooking toba bare minimum so momma leaves you alone so you have enough stamina get that stuff outta da water!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is so cool Bob.  I am envious.  Say hi to the kids from us. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watch Mrs. Boober closely so she doesn't slip any blue non-Aleve pills in your drinks... :whistling:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... get up!!! :rotflmao: getting ready to work the store. Going in on a Saturday sure kinda screwed up my days. :doofus: :rotflmao:

:campfire: and  :toast: are on the agenda this afternoon. :happy1:

Got a nice rain during the night. Sure thundered and lighting a lot during the night, can't remember the last time it did that

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 here and heading for around 70 today. Just waiting for the wife to get out of bed. Then we will be heading for Devils Lake. Need to help the kid move a shed. Had HH over at the neighbors last night. So may need to pry her out of bed this morning  ;). Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is thick fog out there and the deck is so wet it may be from the fog or else we got a shot of rain too.  ??  49 here and should hit 76 later.  83 for tomorrow.  I let Jake sleep in bed with Cooper and I last night.  All went well.  That may be the program from now on.   :sleazy:  Gophers play at 11 this morning so won't get anything to big started before that.  May hit the river afterwards.  We shall see.  Have a nice run to Devils Lake JB.  Have a good one everyone.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I will be with the Sherburne County Swampbucks MDHA Chapter
at the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge where we will be
hosting a tent with the "Predator or Prey" challenge.
This is a very interactive event for kids of all ages. It's a great
event to bring the kids or grandkids for a fun and learning experience.

Wildlife Discovery
Live Animals
Dip-Netting
Inflatable BB Gun Range
Eagle's Nest Nature Store
Friends of Sherburne Silent Auction
Food Trucks
Open Refuge Service Roads
And More Hands-On Activities!
Saturday, September 30, 10am - 2pm
Oak Savanna Learning Center
16797 289th Ave NW, Zimmerman, MN
Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge
For more upcoming events and refuge information check our website,
www.fws.gov/refuge/sherburne.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, computer was acting up earlier..  dang thing!!  63 going for 73 today...  got a few things done yesterday, maybe do some mowing today..  if not tomorrow for sure...   have a good day all!!!   

.7 of rain over night here
« Last Edit: September 09/30/23, 08:11:51 AM by mike89 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Truck is loaded just need to toss in the bag full of Dewalt tools and batteries, twist the key and go. Did have lightening and thunder here around 1:30 rain gauge says just under 1.50". Probably have to cut grass next week. Got to go, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 58 here & shootin for 70 later. No fog here, I hear southern Itasca County's a different story though. Doing the Ditch Cop thing today, the lake association picks up a 2-mile section on each end the lake twice a year & we usually help, if we're around. We'll need the knee-high boots today, I'm afraid. :scratch: Pretty bright out about 6 when I went down to the boat with that full moon & not many clouds. Had 3 & a bunch of gills but I didn't feel like cleaning any today, so they went back. No more now, have a great day.
« Last Edit: September 09/30/23, 04:21:33 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just shy of 90 here.