Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5443522 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are the man for the job Glenn.  Just need more beer.  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
fox 9 has sheep herding on the news..   In Minnetrista Mn
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool,  is Dotch there?   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You are the man for the job Glenn.  Just need more beer.  :happy1:
thats the plan.......might need some extra fire starter help! wood might be a bit soggey!!!!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm headed to Menards and the bank this morning. Need to cash some checks from trapshooting this Summer and pick up two rolls of insulation and 13 sheets of OSB to finish off my garage project today or Sunday. Have visitation this afternoon and funeral tomorrow so Saturday is out. Shelves came down with two 2x4s, three pallets and the tractor. Putting them back up may be another thing. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. A little rain moving thru. Cooled off pretty good so turned the thermostat back up on the floor heat in the house. Enough rain today that combining beans has officially been called off. Some might be soldiering on in the corn but that's about it. Tomorrow & Sunday sound like nice days so there should be an opportunity to get some stuff done around the yard. Picked all the SnowSweet apples last night so am making slow progress. More lawn to mow, garden produce to haul, build a corn shock & whatever else I feel like doing like take a glenn nap. 😴 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I turned on the heat pump this morning also. Momma was cold! :doah: go figure. :rotflmao: also started tweaking the baseboards. It'll take about a week to get them where I want them. We have 3 bedrooms we close doors on and keep them cooler.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 40 here and hope to see 50 today...    way less wind today too...   that will help by itself!!  had a little blood seepage from the entrance wound, but it stopped right away...   don't need that...    have a good day!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
35 here this morning. No frost yet.  :bonk:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 40 here and heading for mid 40s today. Wind is lighter here to. Sitting out in the now stand for the first time this season. Feels good. Made the run over to Menards in I falls last night after work. Got delayed west of Birchdale. Bad accident right by the Frontier public access. Mid size SUV must of pulled out in front of semi. Wasn't good. Ambulance left with lights on and unfortunately we caught up to it before I falls and lights were off and cruising at the speed limit. Well, I will hunt for awhile this morning. The head in to hit the project list. First is install new washer and dryer. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 41 @ 1st peek here & 48 looks to be the high. Had some more rain again yday ~ 1:30-2, don't think it was much. Definitely enough to make it pretty chilly for the 3 boats that were out on the bay though. No big projects here, got a couple small things to get me moving. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 38 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. .12" of rain from yesterday morning measured at the ranch. Picking up pumpkins, squash & gourds still on the agenda. Might have to retrieve a flare box out of the lot that my Studebaker mechanic had his eye on. Nice big flare box with a hoist. Great for wood hauling. Likely trade it for some hay or something. Some folks also coming to get some apples. Plenty of Honeycrisp & can spare a dozen SnowSweet so they can try baking with them. Otherwise plenty of stuff to do.
« Last Edit: October 10/07/23, 07:43:27 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 42 here and looks like 53 will be the high.   Good luck bow hunting jb, after yesterday's raw wind I wouldn't mind being on a duck slough. Not much going on today momma and her misfit friends are heading to St. Cloud after a bit so look out Glenn!! Think I'll run some errands and figure it out as the day goes.  See ya!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the fellow did die JB, read it this morning..  sad deal...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sounds like everyone is up and at em already this morning.  It is 39 here and should hit 50 later on but winds up to 13 SW.  Will at least be mid 50's starting about Monday.  Need to start fishing.  We get the AARP magazine and there is a good crossword puzzle in it that I put in the bathroom.  The wife is so good at those I told her that she can answer 1 clue a day.  That gives me more hints to make some headway.  LOL  The dogs have been out to do their thing and are back in already.  Jake is really doing good.  Cooper avoids him at times when he isn't in a playful mood.  LOL  Jake is always in the mood with his youth.  Well time for more coffee.  Good luck JB.  Should be a nice morning for ya.  See ya later.   PS.  The wife saw the ambulance and rescue truck head out from here about 4 ish.  Sad deal. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw the accident in the news too.  72 year old Gary Warnken from Baudette died.  Sounds like he was leaving the Frontier access and got hit by a semi heading east.  Damn thats too bad.  Neither of us know him.  You have to look close when leaving that access.  Lots of big trucks around here.  RIP Gary.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Finished off the insulation yesterday and hung four sheets on the wall. Hope to finish on Sunday. We have a funeral at 11:00 today so I doubt anything will get done on garage today. Have a great day all, later....
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Uncanny, Jake just brought me that crossword AARP magazine.  LOL  First time he has done that.  He brings me shoes and stuff every day.  He is a retriever.  He so far doesn't chew on them just fetches them.  Cooper used to chew the heck out of them.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........good luck JB.... :green archer: think i seen 40 here when i looked. looks calm too!!!!!! :happy1: got a bunch of stuff burnt but nowhere near done.  :doofus: round 2 tonight!!!! picked and pulled my mater plants yesterday........so garden os officially done!!!

boober....i'm safe not going to st cloud....but my wife is!!!!! :rotflmao:

LPS.......thats an everyday thing around her to with shadow. he used to chew on it no more but a good thing. even his food dish.....thats twice a day thing. :rotflmao:  but if you ignore him he just drops it and moves on!!!

Mike i dont think thtas all that uncommon!!! just keep an eye on it.

my brothers b-day today.....he's catching up to me!!!!!!1 :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I hear ya Glenn..   but when the site is an artery it can cause concern...    just have to keep the fluid levels up!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I hear ya Glenn..   but when the site is an artery it can cause concern...    just have to keep the fluid levels up!!!
yea......that doesnt mean beer either!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea......that doesnt mean beer either!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

say what!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 39 here and hope to see 57 today..   did do a little putzing outside yesterday, but it was chilly at times..  it's that time of the year...    have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 42 here today & we might hit 54. We had some sunshine & the wind went more WSW yday afternoon, so it was a little nicer. There had to be 6-8 boats out on the bay then. Messed around outside in the morning, but that was about it. Probably go get a paper & then I got some leaves at the end of the driveway that I need to mess with. If there not too wet. :scratch: No more now, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........brisk 39 when i looked. no bugs though!!!!!!1 :happy1: :happy1: :bow: well...i'm down to 1 beer box full of stuff of moms to burn. good gawd that woman kept everything!!!!! :surrender: i told Sue last night i wont put my kids through that hell, we will be manuring out our file cabinets this winter!!!!!!

neighbor across the street had and old dresser out free with no top on it. noone was gonna take that. :doah: brought it home and broke it down for firewood!!!!!!! eed to finish up today. some of it is that particle board with some kind of laminate on it. not buring  that in my firering as i put the ashes in my garden. so taking it to the cabin to burn. we dont cook over that fire and the ashes get hauled into the woods!!!!!

reckon i'll start putting things together for the trip north thursday!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
30 here this morning. Rooftops and lawns are white. First frost of the fall. Good thing I picked all the tomatoes and peppers. Just have potatoes, beets, and carrots in the ground. Covered Broccoli and Cauliflower.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I slept late and it really felt good.  My hip hurts without those cortisone shots but ibuprofen works pretty good but not as good.  We got the rest of the brush from the huge ash tree burned up yesterday.  Felt great to get it done.  It is 43" diameter a foot above the ground.  Did some splitting of the big stuff also.  My crane with the atv winch works just great for dragging the big rounds and lifting them up to the splitter.  Saves my back.  Tried fishing for an hour or so but no action.  The wind was raw so idled around looking for fish and shiners.  Felt good to be out.  Jake is doing good in the boat and getting more confident.  The only other boat out was a pontoon fishing for sturgeon with their 2 kids.  When Jake saw them he had to bark twice at them.  Then the neighbor dog barked about 8 times and he answered every time.  Pretty funny actually. Then came in and had the fire.  Not a lot going to happen today except watch NFL.  Hope the Vikes don't end up like the rodents.  Well need another cup.  Later. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here and heading for around 50 today. I slept in also this morning instead of going hunting. And like LPS it felt great. We got the washer and dryer put in yesterday. That turned into a longer project than I wanted it too. But it is done now. Also finished putting the pipes back together in the woodshed after removing the propane boiler. Just need to order a new pressure tank though as the one that was in there the air bladder is shot. I will work on more projects again today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  46 as we speak.  Ya Ken I gotta do something with my peppers and tomatoes soon, I'm thinking also going fishing yet this coming weekend and making it a fins n feathers kinda weekend with roosters opening up. Checked my lotto #'s, I'm working still. Probably take the pooch fer a 2 mile shortly,  then most likely grab some couch.    See ya!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 38 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Need to get the flare box out of the lot this a.m. as my friend is coming to get it. Needs a tire pumped up & have to move some crap out of the way so I can get at the skidsteer to retrieve the wagon. Hasn't been run for a while so suspect the battery may be down. Always turns out to be a bigger hassle than it should be seems like. Could use the tractor but the skidsteer condition needs to be assessed. Will be poop hauling season again before we know it. Likely be more people coming to get produce today too. Would like to go for a cruise but if people show up, that probably won't happen. Gotta get movin'. Stuff won't do itself.