Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5439715 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 and heading for 40 today. Slight chance of snow later. Getting ready to head out hunting. Go out and see nothing. Seems they are really moving at night lately. Safe travels and good luck out in cheese land Glenn!  Have your self a spotted cow or 2. I call it cow tipping.  ;) Well have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin  all, 49 here and hope to see 58 today..  my visit to the St. Cloud VA went good I think, just have to wait for the results..   going to Alex today to resupply a few things..  always something...   good luck JB and Glenn!!!   have a good day all!!   

and Rodwork, keep at posting!!!    you will have 50 in no time!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 33 here and headed to about 43.  Not a lot going on today and that is fine with me.  I am going to warsh the window in the ol Ford today.  They are so full of dog nose prints that it is in need.  You all have a great day.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  40 here this morning and looks cloudy already.  Going to try and get the dirt I hauled in yesterday all smoothened out then I might go get a bit of crushed concrete to put on the driveway.  I have a pot hole that never ends no matter how much dirt I put in it.  Starting to feel like a city worker. I fill that hole in and the next day its right back there. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, almost 50(48) here already & we may hit 70 but 68 is what's forecasted. Going to be another :pouty: glenn-like day today too. ;) :smiley: We have a Wind Advisory with SW winds 20-30 & gusts of 45-50 expected. :rolleyes: Got 10:00 appt at WM in Mason City to get some new tires put on. Probably have lunch over there before coming home too. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't get to talk to the furnace guy yesterday, maybe today. I did get the 50cal sighted in yesterday afternoon. Two shots 2" high at 50 yards, just right. Looks like bird feeders are empty and need refilling. Going to try to get my garage project done today too. Seems like every time I want to do something in there someone has something else for me to do. Oh well.......later.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 54 & breezy at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Wind speed steadily increasing up to 30 mph until after lunch with gusts up to 45 mph. Got the oil changes done yesterday afternoon while Poppy played with the barn cats. They all seemed to enjoy themselves and stayed out of my way. Beautiful afternoon. Nice to have the tractor & skidsteer ready for winter. The March ram lamb did well at the NAILE in Louisville, finishing 2nd in a class of 5. The January ram lamb finished on the bottom of his class. Suspect he was competing with animals that had been trick or treating last year. Wife is on her way home from Louisville so tidied things up before I went into town. Dosed the alien with a bunch of gin last nite and that seemed to help. Feeling much better today. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it back from Alex, I see gas dropped to $3.09 this week..   better than before but still too high..   couldn't find any great bargains so just got what I needed.. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You guys up north really get butt jabbed for gas seems like. It's been way cheaper in Bugtussle than anywhere else locally for some reason. Was $3.04 at FF in Owatonna on Saturday. No sale. Filled up for $2.67 back at the local Bugtussle Cwop instead. Was $2.69 for regular unleaded at the world's worst Casey's. For unleaded 88, the advertised price was $2.54. True to form however, both pumps you could dispense that blend from were out of order.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You guys up north really get butt jabbed for gas seems like. It's been way cheaper in Bugtussle than anywhere else locally for some reason. Was $3.04 at FF in Owatonna on Saturday. No sale. Filled up for $2.67 back at the local Bugtussle Cwop instead. Was $2.69 for regular unleaded at the world's worst Casey's. For unleaded 88, the advertised price was $2.54. True to form however, both pumps you could dispense that blend from were out of order.  :doah:

That's a Casey's store model. Also I'm not sure you can claim the worst one, cause they all suck. Lastly I would warn anyone not to use the unleaded 88. The last thing any engine needs is more ethanol.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's for darn sure.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Took advantage of a bonus warm day and changed oil and filters on one ATV, the Snapper tractor snowblower and the zero turn Craftsman mower. While at it I also did a few minor repairs. Great day to do some odd outside jobs.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Evening fellas from mosinee Wisconsin. Happy hour now.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a good time.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening fellas from mosinee Wisconsin. Happy hour now.
I thought the season didn't open till Saturday...  :scratch:

:doah:  Ooops, that's right... Y'er in 'Sconnie now.  :toast: :drinking: :tequila;

I'm going to give it a whirl too in 'Sconnie on Saturday.  G'luck.  :fudd:  :bambi:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 24 here and heading for 41 today with a chance of light snow this morning. The grandkids and their significant others made it here around 3 this morning. They are going to sleep in. The daughter decided she was going to drive up early this morning. I am getting pics of deer on my camera, but they all seem to be at night. They seem to still be chasing.  Well getting ready to head out for another round. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Friday. I did get my flammable cabinet moved and found someone to install the furnace yesterday. Now I'm thinking it's time to trim out the windows on the North wall. Going to do hides again today, kinda hope we get only 50-60. Doing 130 to 140 is alot of work for three guys that are 64 to 71 years old. We're supposed to be retired.  ;) Have a great day all. later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 this morning!!   what a change, might see 45 today..    not sure what I have going today but I'll figure that out as needed..  no need to rush..   I know I have a motion light out on the front of the garage that I have change..   have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 27 here & we might see 48 later. Got back to town about 1:30 yday & that wind was blowing me all over when I 1st got on the Avenue. Not sure what's up for today yet either. Hopin your Friday's a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Morning campers. Got a few outdoors chores to get done today. Went outside to check on things. I should have done the long John thing.
      Beautiful sunrise.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  25 here and the wind is still blowing but sure not like it did yesterday...yet.  Wind and weather will decide what I end up doing today.  Have outside stuff to do but if weather does not decide to cooperate I have inside things to do today as well. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 23 and we should see 45.  Nice sunny morning so far. I see lots of geese along the shoreline.  Just a little wind from the south. Thinking either today or tomorrow I better get a turkey.  Like Dotch said yesterday it takes a few days to thaw them out.  We have had them still froze in the middle when we were ready to cook them.  I am thinking at least 5 days in the frig to thaw out. Looks like JennieO is the brand here this year that is on sale.   :happy1:  Other than that just trying to stay out of trouble. Have a good one.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Chilly start to the day here, looks better for the weekend. So question for you fellas. Are you guys all retired? Seems nobody knows what there doing on a Friday.   :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellas... 28 here in packer land. Going out in a bit toso my brother can show me the area we are hunting. Someplace called the Mead. Brudder gotta do some "work" yet!! :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Chilly start to the day here, looks better for the weekend. So question for you fellas. Are you guys all retired? Seems nobody knows what there doing on a Friday.   :confused:
yep .
. Retired and loving it!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

Not fully retired but trying really hard....practicing it.   I normally work from 0500-1200 then find something to do the rest of the day.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Not fully retired but trying really hard....practicing it.   I normally work from 0500-1200 then find something to do the rest of the day.

Well I'm sure you all put your time in. Enjoy fellas, hope I can do that a while down the road here. Until then back to work I guess  :mad1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
retired for over 9 1/2 years

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 23 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Just glad the wind is down. After yesterday's 46 mph gusts, all the sticks I picked up the other day are back again. Brought wife's car into town to get the snow tires put on. Got back to the office and discovered I'd left my phone in the car. Had to walk back down there to retrieve it. Be pretty tough for them to call me when it's done otherwise. Contemplating my next move. Have an article on the '23 harvest that needs to be done by Sunday nite so should get started on that. Suspect sometime this weekend I'll need to get the show rams home. Should get some straw & see what the small square hay market looks like. Be nice to get started on barn cleaning too but plenty of time for that next week. People keep dumping more last minute soil sampling on us so will have to see where we're at then. Retired? Nope. Like to but for now just tired.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The ritual before the venny blood bath tomorrow....  I hope.

[attachment deleted by admin]