Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5439704 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
retired for over 9 1/2 years
It will be 12 years for me tomorrow when I quit my job at Pfizer/Zoetis, I was 56. :happy1: Absolutely no regrets here, as it's been 9-10 months a year at the lake ever since. :cool:
« Last Edit: November 11/18/23, 05:59:09 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and heading for 40 today. No deer yesterday. We had a turkey dinner last. Night. Turned out great. Just getting ready to head out hunting.waiting for everyone else to get up. I'm not retired either. Have 13 to 14 years to go yet. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, same as JB here, 29 this morning an going to push to the upper 40's today..  did get a few things done yesterday but not the garage light..  today or tomorrow it will get done...  might have to make a run to coborns today, but not sure yet..  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 27 here & going for 59 later. Got a couple errands to do early & will go from there. No more now, have a great day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Love from the tree. :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is bright clear and sunny here as the sun is coming up above the tree line.  It is 23 here and should get low 40's.  Been retired for 5 years and wouldn't go back.  It is a big day here on the north border.  Jake can now jump up in the bed on his own.  LOL  He did it a month ago but since then he thinks he needs a little boost.  I was loving Cooper up to tease him this morning and he jumped right up.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:    We did it twice so now he thinks he is a big shot.   :happy1:  And he is.  I have a light to fix too but it can wait till tomorrow per the retirement creed.  Enjoying coffee with the woman I love and we may have a fire later on since Dutch's Rodents don't play till 3.  Have a great day and have one for Jake!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Also bright and sunny here this morning.   Plan to spread some more crushed concrete in the driveway.  I filled all the pot holes yesterday and could use some more.  So going to get another load.  Have a great day all.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Retired two weeks before my 61st birthday and that was just over three years ago. We put up 95 hides yesterday. Our total is up to 480+ right now. Also got a new swivel chair made for one of the deer stands and new mount made for the tv dish at deer camp. Cleaning house today to have Thanksgiving tomorrow instead of next Thursday. Headed to deer camp next Thursday for muzzle loader. More coffee, later...... :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Lotsa putz projects to do altho got some out of the way yesterday. Ram lambs showed up yesterday afternoon so got them penned up already. Picked up a bunch of sticks after chores & can grind up leaves that collected in a few spots. The local Studebaker mechanic got the snow tires on the wife's car. Need to get the summer tires out of the Buick & put them in storage. Bird feeders gotta be refilled after the wind. Wife gave me the green light to start hauling pumpkins out to the pasture for the sheep. Poppy had a good nap going on my thigh after breakfast so once she wakes up, we should be ready to hit 'er hard... :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/18/23, 10:00:21 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 here and heading for 40ish again today. Seen 45 yesterday. The granddaughter. Seen 2 deer yesterday morning. She got 1 and hit the 2nd one. We tracked that for 4 hours and finally lost blood. Somebody got it in her head to lead the deer so I am fairly confident she hit it in the front brisket. Hoping 1 or 2 of the crew see a deer or 2 this morning. Last day of the season and it has been some tuff hunting this year. Well, time to watch for deer. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, slept in some today and felt good..   30 here and going for 50 again.. got 53 here yesterday..  got my motion light changed out too..   was kind of nice out side yesterday..  not a lot going on today so just go with the day..   have a good day!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 32 for our start & we're headed for 59 again, they're sayin. Not a lot of wind yday afternoon so it was a nice day here too. Got a little runnin I can do...................but we'll see.  :scratch: Have a good day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.. day 2 in the sconnie woods at a place called the Mead . Frosty this morning but calm. No deers yet.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 23 sunny and calm here.  Expecting 50 today and then 45 tomorrow and Tue the colder weather becomes permanent.  We cut down an ugly willow tree yesterday that turned into a fire.  The big chunks we brought out to our fire pile in the pasture.  We burn that on a nice winter day with snow on the ground.  We may have another fire today, we shall see.  Bears at the Lions sounds like the main event at noon.  You all have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to start on Thanksgiving dinner soon. Not eating until late afternoon. I did move two benches and a cabinet yesterday to get a pedestal grinder up against the wall. Pretty much out of wall space for any more power tools. I do have enough bench space for a combo belt/disk sander which should be my next Harbor Freight purchase. Looking in the back yard on the edge of the woods I can see two projects that should be done this Fall/Winter once I get some heat in the garage. A charcoal grill that needs a set of wheels installed and a paint job along with an outdoor glider rocker that needs new wood. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/20/23, 08:23:00 AM by markn »
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a disc/belt combo sander about 10 years ago and it is so handy to have.  I love it.  How about those laser welders?  Man do they look smooth.  Now way would the wife let me get one since I already have a stick and wire feed welders.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 32 at choretime and topped out on the ranch's fake news thermometer at 59. Day started off OK then went in the tank quickly. Filled the water tank and dumped leftover vine crops in the pasture. That way the sheep get accustomed to grazing on the hillside where we can see them at Thanksgiving. Decided I'd check the fence to make sure it was charging. Big mistake. Deader than a doornail. Checked up around the yard. No problem there. Checked the main fence; major headache. Deer blew through it in 2 places, snapped off at least a dozen fiberglass posts, popped the insulators off a half dozen steel electric fenceposts & strung wire halfway across the pasture. About ready to go Little Bill Daggett on them, start shooting and figure it was self defense. Fence back up, took down a big limb that's been bothering me as well as an old boxelder snag. Too damn nice to stay inside.   
« Last Edit: November 11/19/23, 03:00:35 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples was 54 but she's dropping with darkness. Long day yesterday,  we managed to put 2 roosters in the freezer but we worked hard for em. Remi is still a rocket in the field but he pays the price. Not only do I need to pick him up to get in the truck, after his bath he needed help to get in bed.. This morning bout 10 I helped momma with 2 batches of of homemade Lefse until the whipper snapper showed up then they did 6 more. Probably chopped leaves for the last time today, thinking tomorrow I'll put the bag on and suck em up. Anywho short week this week is good....See ya!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/19/23, 06:21:22 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sleep tight Remi.  Good dreams to you.   :happy1:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Same thoughts from me, Bobber. My 14+ year old Gordon Setter is on my mind daily. The vet says he’s aging well and I know he’s a really happy dog, but it’s bittersweet to watch him struggling with steps. Just have to appreciate every day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 38 here and heading for 45 it says. Sounds like rain later. Weather was perfect for hunting this weekend. Just wish the deer would have cooperated more. I have a couple little ones to process. Try and get that done this week. Everyone is sleeping in this morning before their drive home. The wife is going in late so she can see them off. I am getting ready to head to the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Same thoughts from me, Bobber. My 14+ year old Gordon Setter is on my mind daily. The vet says he’s aging well and I know he’s a really happy dog, but it’s bittersweet to watch him struggling with steps. Just have to appreciate every day.

same here to all dog owners!!!   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 41 here and hope to see 50 again..  was a nice day yesterday and I enjoyed some time outdoors just putzing around..   got a few things to do today..  maybe dig around the internet for boots to help Glenn out..   naw on 2nd thought he can do it sitting in the tree!!!   have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 40 with some light rain here & it appears that we will reach ~ 48 later today. Our 10-day makes it look like Wednesday could be nice again but there's a pretty good northerly breeze in the rest of the week's forecast. :scratch: Don't think I'll dig out the Carhartt yet though. As usual, there's a couple things to get me moving & will see after that. Have a good day.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I got a disc/belt combo sander about 10 years ago and it is so handy to have.  I love it.  How about those laser welders?  Man do they look smooth.  Now way would the wife let me get one since I already have a stick and wire feed welders.

Good morning All.  I have looked at those welders too and you are correct they look smooth.   Not sure I need one or would use it enough to justify one.  We also have stick and wire feed welders.   But.....dang they look good. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  34 here and headed to 40ish.  Cloudy now.  Dr. appt at 9:40 to check my pain in hip and back.  I want an MRI so hope Doc lines me up with it.  Cut a couple of trees so I have a straight shot to the river.  They had fallen down so needed cleaning up.  Great to have it done but hurting today. Later all.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
A little rain here now. Had the whole crew over for Thanksgiving yesterday, I ate way too much and felt like crap most of the night. That football game didn't help any. Going to stop by fleet this morning to pick up a piece of that square tubing with all the holes in it to fabricate a stand to hold the wood splitter up. I did get the chainsaw running yesterday after not using it for almost a year. Also taking a load of deer heads, legs and a couple of rotten hides to the dump today. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 39 at  choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Some sprinkles presently. Would be nice if it rained enough to wash the dust off everything. Been a dry November. Looks like we'll get a few more decent days yet. Hope so. Lots of stuff a guy could do outside yet if the weather cooperates. Even Thanksgiving Day looks 10 degrees better than one earlier forecast. Would really be nice if the guy could get the basement window job done. Haven't seen any more snakes but did find a mouse that cashed it in on the basement floor. Nothing in the trap but saw there was more bait consumed so restocked that. Little bastages anyway.       
« Last Edit: November 11/20/23, 10:13:06 AM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Home already.  The lady made a mistake and my appt isn't till Friday.  :angry2:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bummer. Are you on the Mayo system Barry? 🙄 I still remember a few years back fasting for a couple appt's at the local clinic only to be told that they weren't running labs either time. Lately they keep sending me notices to pay my bill but when I log in to try to do it, it tells me their system isn't functioning properly. And they wonder why our trust in the healthcare system isn't what it used to be... :scratch: