Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5439706 times)

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sleep tight Remi.  Good dreams to you.   :happy1:
Same thoughts from me, Bobber. My 14+ year old Gordon Setter is on my mind daily. The vet says he’s aging well and I know he’s a really happy dog, but it’s bittersweet to watch him struggling with steps. Just have to appreciate every day.

My springer is showing serious signs of aging also. Never hunted him. Just a good family dog.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just our local clinic Dotch.  Very nice people but.....

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Sleep tight Remi.  Good dreams to you.   :happy1:
Same thoughts from me, Bobber. My 14+ year old Gordon Setter is on my mind daily. The vet says he’s aging well and I know he’s a really happy dog, but it’s bittersweet to watch him struggling with steps. Just have to appreciate every day.

My springer is showing serious signs of aging also. Never hunted him. Just a good family dog.
Yep, those are tough times for a dog owner, or maybe I should say someone who has a four legged friend. We need to remember that the good days are many, and the bad ones are relatively few.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 here and heading for 35. Rained pretty good last night. Shows we have .3" of rain. I went and picked up a couple of the blinds we had out. More will get done this weekend. I think tonight after work I will start cutting up the 2 deer that we have hanging. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here and hope to see 35..   need to get my hair cut today..   getting to shaggy for me..  other than that not much going on today..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Collected another 300 deer hides yesterday. Processed only 120 so the remainder plus some additional ones will be done today. My arms are tired.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   31, cloudy and HS it's windy.   Shaping up to be a day to work in the shop on the smoker.  We did get the exhaust pipe and the thermostat installed.  We used the expensive high temp Duct tape to seal off all the seams on the inside.  Going to give it a test burn this afternoon.   Next step is hangers, racks and building water/drip pans.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 37 here & shootin for 42. The wind is just starting to blow here. Had some light rain until about lunch time yday. Got my morning running to do & will see after that. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I HAD a dentist appt. this morning, but when it came to taking a shower NO hot water. So that's where my day is headed, later....... :pouty: :pouty:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a bad way to start a day 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, I've seen all the bad mouthing me! :confused: :rotflmao: well hears what I think!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Glad my day is going better than Marks.  LOL  I HATE when that happens with the hot water.  Reminds me of my early bachelor days with my buddies and I renting old farm houses.  Lot's of frozen water pipes in those days.  It is the same weather here that JB has.  It rained lightly all day and last night it even got heavier.  I am smiling.  A guy just gave me some cash for the round pen I have for sale on Markslist.  LOL   I have a like new 5' 3 pt brush mower for sale and an old horse trailer too.  I gave this guy a deal and he is going to let me know in an hour if he wants them too.   :happy1: :happy1:  I enjoy buying and selling stuff.  Bucko is our only horse now and he can live like a king here till he dies.  We don't need that stuff so why not just get rid of it.  I may even sell my WD Allis.  Think I will wait on that though. Handy to have a loader around.  We took our turkey out of the beer fridge to check it out and it was still hard. We let it sit out for a couple of hours to get it kick started.  Then back in the frig in the house so we can keep an eye on it. May run to town for some things today but not a lot else going on.  The hip/back hurts like heck so that slows me down some too.  SO Roony how is your back doing.  Better I hope.  Sucks getting older doesn't it.  Now that I am at early early middle age I know what people talk about getting old.  LOL  Well you all have a good one.   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I got the ok to go back to my part time job on the 26th. Still some pain but better. Just takes time

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 37 with light drizzle at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's, maybe. A whopping .03" of rain at the ranch & Bugtussle proper. 1st measurable precip we've had in Nov. & best of all, it ain't snow. I gotta get a haircut too mikey. Great minds think alike, sorta like boar & glenn. Got some bad news last nite: Auntie Mar Mar & Unkie Gregory won't be coming for Thanksgiving. She felt sorry for her 50+ year old brother who can't seem to get his head out of his butt so they're having Thanksgiving at the farm. I get it with losing their mom back in June but he's gonna need to buckle up buttercup and get with it. Sux Mark with no hot water. Only thing worse is no water at all.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my!!   do I feel good now that I have gotten my hair cut!!!   yippie!!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mine's a little shaggy. The sheep shearer offered to cut it but lacks the finesse my haircutting gal has.

Gas prices look like they're poised to take off. $2.93 at WWC & still $2.67 at the Cwop so swung in there to fill my pig up.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
3.02 in Alex today...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mine's a little shaggy. The sheep shearer offered to cut it but lacks the finesse my haircutting gal has.

Gas prices look like they're poised to take off. $2.93 at WWC & still $2.67 at the Cwop so swung in there to fill my pig up.
you ain't  :bs:'ing me. You just like her hooters rubbing up against you! :pouty: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a terrible way to die.  Hope it was fast. RIP

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
3.02 in Alex today...

UL/ $3.49 here today in Bemidji
Diesel.....lets not talk about that. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
$2.49 up here.  UL

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/tribute-to-beloved-husband-father-of-three-killed-in-tragic-haybine-accident

hey Dotch did you know this young man??    sad deal for sure...

No I didn't. It's more in roony's jurisdiction. I read about that a few days ago on one of the news feeds I get. Getting stuck in a haybine would be an awful way to go.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
for sure.... 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't know him. He lives next door to some friends in Waseca. Very sad

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
$2.49 up here.  UL
Seriously? $2.49 in Baudette. It is $3.24 in  Warroad.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 22 here and heading for 38 today it says. I got a good start on processing the deer last night . I will finish that tonight and start mixing sausage so we can stuff in the morning and start smoking. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good morning everyone!
25 degrees here in Kellogg this morning, sure miss the fantastic weather we had all fall, but like all good things it comes to an end but we only have another month or so and we start gaining daylight hours again !!!

As we gather with friends and family tomorrow, remember to be thankful for everything you have and those you love you and love you in return.
Be thankful you were born in the greatest country on earth!! and all of the freedoms we enjoy, and speaking of which, remember to be thankful for those who gave it all and those who served so that we remain free to this day.

Happy Thanksgiving !!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 24 here and might see 46 they say...   guess I'm going to Alex today and get a few things...   I'd go tomorrow but nothing will be open..  and not going on black friday!!  yea JB I was wondering that too about that gas price..   not a much else going on so have a good day all!!!   

same to you Iowaboy!!!