Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5438397 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-40's. Guy is here and started on the basement window project. Knows what he's doing even tho the old part of the house has thrown a few curveballs at him. Not surprising since that portion is a '97 model, 1897 that is. Just trying to stay out of his way and clean up the mess as he goes. Got 70 bales of hay yesterday I can unload and if I get bored, can unload the rack of cornstalks. Not sure I'll be quite that bored. Anyway, will try to enjoy what might be the last real nice day. Doesn't sound horrible tho for the near future regardless.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Good morning all.  Holding at 25 most of the night so hoping the lake is still locked up.   Got some of my stuff ready to go but I am not going to be in a hurry to get out there.  We have some de-boning to do today and then tomorrow it is time to start our big sausage making push.
Scenic......what are you hearing for ice thicknesses in the area???? i'm still a bit hesitate about heading up on tuesday next week.

morning fellers........gotta go back to AT&T this morning to work out some kinks in the new phone.........friggin technology!!!!! :confused: then clean up some leaves for the last time. then get a dreeser to the stepkids house and move moms china hutch in its place. after all that i'll need one of them patented dotch naps!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Holding at 25 most of the night so hoping the lake is still locked up.   Got some of my stuff ready to go but I am not going to be in a hurry to get out there.  We have some de-boning to do today and then tomorrow it is time to start our big sausage making push.
Scenic......what are you hearing for ice thicknesses in the area???? i'm still a bit hesitate about heading up on tuesday next week.

morning fellers........gotta go back to AT&T this morning to work out some kinks in the new phone.........friggin technology!!!!! :confused: then clean up some leaves for the last time. then get a dreeser to the stepkids house and move moms china hutch in its place. after all that i'll need one of them patented dotch naps!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah:

Most of our smaller lakes are looking pretty good.  They have been ready but it just needed some calm wind.  We froze over just a few days ago and I found about 4-6" already.   Guessing there are some thinner spots out in the center yet.   By next Tues I would think you might be ok.   It is still making ice.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Most of our smaller lakes are looking pretty good.  They have been ready but it just needed some calm wind.  We froze over just a few days ago and I found about 4-6" already.   Guessing there are some thinner spots out in the center yet.   By next Tues I would think you might be ok.   It is still making ice.
awesome!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: thanks!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and heading for 31 today. Looks like we got a dusting of snow overnight. Looks like maybe a little more of that later this morning too. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   Cloudy and 27 this morning.  Todays plan is making sausage.   That will pretty much keep me entertained for a couple days.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 here and might see 33 today..   going over to Alex this morning. got a few stops to make..  other than that not a lot going on and that is OK..  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, it's 25 now & we're headed back towards 43 again. Back to a NW wind (10+) today though so it won't feel as warm as yday. The carwash on Main looked pretty busy when I went to HH yday. Got all my stuff done yday ;) :smiley: & no big projects on my list for today, so it'll be a roll with it type day today. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and headed to about 32ish.  That's not bad for this time of year.  Well we got my buddies tongue for his new fish house welded up yesterday.  It took a beer or two of course.  Was good to see him.  Well not a lot going on today and that is fine.  Will hit the grocery store.  See what the retired shoppers are up to today.  I do see friends there a lot and have conversations.  This is the last day of Nov.  Sure ending nice after the cold start.  The wood pile is doing good so far.  Have a great day all of youse.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning. My wives aunt's funeral is today. I'm a pall bearer. Should be ok but I still haven't regained my strength after that fall. Sure looks nice out today. Have a good one all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck roony!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today I should take the side boards off the tandem trailer and make up a parts list for the wood splitter. Number one is to find a replacement motor to replace the one that is named after an Indian chief. Every one of these motors I have had have been so cold-blooded they will not start if you walk by them in July with an ice cream cone. I did get a 46" tv installed in the garage and I can three channels on it. May have to spend more than $20.00 for an antenna. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 30's. Nice day yesterday. Highs at the ranch topped out at 48, 46 in Waseca and Owatonna with Albert's Leaf making 50. Perfect afternoon for the guy to get the 3 glass block basement windows put in. Had me a little worried at first when he was saying things like "never seen anything like this before". I blamed the Norwegians who probably built the place. I got the trailer full of hay unloaded, moved stuff around in the barn & gave him an assist when he needed. Mainly hauled away crap with the skidsteer and tried to stay out of his way. Looked really nice when he was finished & with the mild temps, the masonry should cure just fine. Oughta keep the snakes out anyway. :coffee: I still have some hay bales to throw around roony if you wanna work on those back muscles... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man were the roads frost covered today!!   made for interesting driving!!!    gas was down to  $2.99 today...  scored some skinless boneless chicken breasts for $1.15 today, got 2 big family packs!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas was $3.14 here in Warroad this morning.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........done at the store.........gotz a few things to do.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas was $3.14 here in Warroad this morning.
It's went down a couple times in the last day or so here...............Casey's said $2.77 this AM.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw $2.72 a few days ago in Blaine-Ham Lake area.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples started out at 26 butt early this morning now I see it's 38. Been a busy week,  pounding the internet and phone calling on lab litters. Think I gotter dialed in, after looking all over MN, Iowa and SD which had some dynamite high flying dogs, we stuck to local which is basically the same bloodlines as Remi, lots of past dogs are in both parents as well as ours so we know what there capable of. Here's Remi in his younger days, if his so called sister in a way is anything like him, pointing and all go I'm gonna need a bigger yard. What am I getting into.... have some time tho, pups won't come home til mid March....See ya!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sweet!! :happy1: new puppies are a lot of fun but also alot of work. And they test your patience  :rotflmao:

Good for you guys. :clap:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to the boober's! No question, they do try your patience but it's also amazing how fast they grow up.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks gents,  lookin forward to training the little chit, just hope Remi doesn't get to jealous.  Think the patience part might be on mommas part, me not only tip toeing around butt early mornings before work but with momma working from home I can just see my ears bleeding when I get home in the afternoon!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks gents,  lookin forward to training the little chit, just hope Remi doesn't get to jealous.  Think the patience part might be on mommas part, me not only tip toeing around butt early mornings before work but with momma working from home I can just see my ears bleeding when I get home in the afternoon!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yeppers!!!!!! best  be on the top of your game come grillin time!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :bow:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats Bobber!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha Ha Ha!!!   That is great Bobb.  Glad to hear it.  There is not enough love in this world.  That will sure up the love in your household.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!! 23 here and heading for 34 it says. Hope to sneak out of work early and take the smoke pole out. That will be the plan for the weekend. Try and find a deer. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  21 and mild this morning.  Making ice but slow.   Another day of sausage making on the agenda today.  Have a great day!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 here and could see 32 today!!  just another day to plug along on!!   got all the chicken breast seasoned and vac sealed yesterday...  4 different seasonings!!   have a good day all!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 26 here & headed for 37. No big plans again today, so I'll just roll with it. Have a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sharon I consider you one of the boys.  Is that ok?
 LOL  It is 22 here and headed to low 30's.  I need to get an Xray of my lower back so may do that this morning and then do my recycling.  This afternoon it will be soup time.  Good idea with those chicken breasts Mike.  All ready to go.  TGIF.  Not a lot planned this weekend other than just enjoying it.  Later all.