Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5141196 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw $2.72 a few days ago in Blaine-Ham Lake area.
It was $2.65 in Des Moines last weekend & got it for that in Mason City on Monday on our way home too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Good news on two fronts. Just need to pick up a few trinkets for the splitter in order to finish that and was just informed the insulation guys will be here later this morning. Going to be a great (and expensive) day. Now if I can the furnace guy to get over here. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
late morning fellers........after 2 really lousy nites of sleep man i slept like a rock. didnt get up till 8;40!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: had to go get my blood pressure checked again......think its more gooder now!!!! :rolleyes: but cheese and friggin crackers.... :angry2: back to wearing them friggin masks in the clinic.....apparently we are in a rona outbreak again. good gawd. :crazy: :confused:

plan for the day is smoking another batch of nords and a few other things. since i'm not headed north i gotta get my head going to figure out on getting some of my venny jerky made. got 5 batches i wanna do!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 17 at choretime and appears to have topped out somewhere around 36. Busy day after thinking I'd get home to unload hay earlier. Neighbor farmer came in so had to generate a bunch of fertilizer recs. He's renting some of another neighbor's ground so I really want to help him succeed any way I can. After that, got checking on Poppy's vaccination schedule. Kept getting notices from Waseca that she was due. OK, but we've never taken her to Waseca, always to Clarks Grove. The 2 offices split about a year ago. Had received nothing from Clarks Grove. Yup, they said, she's due, if you wanna bring her down today that'll work. Poppy was an attention whore like always. Got everything straightened out (I hope) and came home. Had some confuser work to do and now it's creeping up on choretime, again. Got milk & eggs prior to coming home so thinking French toast & sausage tonite...😋 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Breakfast 4 dinner!  Mmmm mmm mmm mmm mmmmm.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
apparently wants a night off from Mrs. Cheviot!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

any time is good for that!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Ceiling is done :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: Now back to fleet for a few more trinkets for the splitter. The spacers and bolts I grabbed yesterday to mount the pump were too short and the bolts are 5/16-24NF so they need to be replaced too. Big upgrade, pictures coming soon. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 and going for the mid 30's today..  good for you Mark!!!  got the heater hooked up too??  I did get a few small things done yesterday and about the same for today!!  have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 15 here.  I think the ham and bean soup that I put outside last night will be well preserved.  I don't like putting the big porcelain pot on the glass racks in the frig.  Pretty heavy.  After today I will put it in a plastic bowl.  The guy is coming to pick up the horse trailer about noon.  That will be nice to have that out of here.  I will be able to mow the pasture much nicer without that and the round pen out there.  Now to decide if I will sell the WD in the spring.  ???   Not a lot big planned here today.  We shall see. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 17 here and heading for mid 30s. Sitting out in a blind this morning. Hoping for big Hank. Made it out for about 1-1/2 hours yesterday evening. About the last 10 minutes I had a deer playing cat and mose with me. I could hear it but to thick to see it. Snow sure would have helped that. It blew once but didn't run off. I kept waiting to get down out of the stand cause I was hoping it would move on since I would be in the same area this morning. Finally took my head lamp and shined it in the direction. I could see the eyes and then they were gone. It left them. Planning to sit all day. Finners crossed. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, A guy can't have too many tractors.
Good luck jb.
« Last Edit: December 12/02/23, 07:26:54 AM by roony »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya good luck JB.  Hope a nice one comes by for you.  Roons, ya I hear ya.  Just nice having it around.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 21 now & are on our way to 39. Got a couple little things on my list for early today but that's about it. Have a good day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 17 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Chores done, time to et some oatmeal & get on with the day & an action packed one at that. Feed run then more bale unloading & stacking. Won't be all drudgery but close. Poppy is full of piss & vinegar this a.m. so there is that I guess. Once I get this bale stacking stuff out of my system I can change over to barn cleaning mode. Fun never stops around here... :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......busy day yesterday....... got my 2nd batch of smoked fish done, needs to be vacum packed yet. 1rst batch of jerky is in the dehydrator this morning...... 4 more to go!!!!!! getting close to having moms china hutch filled so i got a spare bedroom that doesnt look like chaos!!!!! :rotflmao:

brother and i are splitting a half a beef so gotta get that yet this morning. that clean out and defrost the freezer to rotate stuff. means  and a few other little projects too!!

gonna take my wife out on the town tonight!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: yeppers........the Union retiree/holiday party is tonight. finger food and open bar!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So, you take her out on the town & then..............................you hope she'll want to bring you home?  :sleazy: :evil:                 :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: So, you take her out on the town & then..............................you hope she'll want to bring you home?  :sleazy: :evil:                 :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: she has for 33 1/2 years!!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Been a busy few days here.  Today is back to the sausage making and smoking.  They are calling for high winds but I am hoping they are wrong.,,,again.   Have a great day!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, finally yesterday my new cell phone got to get working. not without some cuss words and issues.  apparently Verision is the only cell outfit that has a numbers lock that they have to unlock to transfer your number to a different provider. my wife called them 4 friggin times before it got done, and they even said i may need a new number. when i heard that i made several comments quite loud what i thought and my wife said that lady got pretty quiet. :happy1: :rotflmao: needless to say i still got the same number.

but i'm telling you there customer service sucks.  now my wife needs to figure out how to get my emails to the new phone.

AND i gotta learn all over how to post pictures again!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 17 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Chores done, time to et some oatmeal & get on with the day & an action packed one at that. Feed run then more bale unloading & stacking. Won't be all drudgery but close. Poppy is full of piss & vinegar this a.m. so there is that I guess. Once I get this bale stacking stuff out of my system I can change over to barn cleaning mode. Fun never stops around here... :bonk:
yea Dotch i can relate.  :rotflmao: out of the last 7 weeks i've been gone from home trying to feed a poor starving family  :sleazy: about half that amount of time and my chores just kept piling up!!!! :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the ol horse trailer just went down the driveway.   The guy wants to buy a draft horse and he raises Mangalitsa???  pigs.  So he will haul them in it too. He said they are Hungarian and are raised for the lard although he said they have very good meat too.  Real read meat I guess.  Have to google them. They have long hair he said. 
« Last Edit: December 12/02/23, 12:57:04 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mangalitsa%3F%3F%3F+pigs&rlz=1C1RXQR_enUS1082US1083&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

here ya are LPS!!  interesting looking pig for and never seen one myself...  and I seen thousands of pigs butchered....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they were almost extinct with only 200 of them but are doing good now.   Huge amount of fat on them.  They are the Kobe of pork!  Would like to try a chop or steak.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
After two trips to town today the new Predator motor for wood splitter is sitting outside going through its break in period. Three hours, wonder how many beers that is? No furnace yet, but I’ve got the little heater going and it’s 60 in here. Pictures as promised. I also relpumbed the hydro’s so they are squared up and not at angles like before. It bothered me with the filter sitting crooked. And finally there’s an eight horse Indian motor for sale. One case of Hamms and you pick it up. Personally I’ll never own another one. My two cents on that. I’m happy with the splitter now and that’s all that counts, right? Have a great evening, later..,. :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Damn straight! Looks like a great rig!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure does!!   good job!!!   :happy1:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   A warm 28 here this morning so still making slow ice.  But sure gives a guy time to get the other stuff done.  Have a great day all.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mangalitsa%3F%3F%3F+pigs&rlz=1C1RXQR_enUS1082US1083&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

here ya are LPS!!  interesting looking pig for and never seen one myself...  and I seen thousands of pigs butchered....

Never seen one either but sound interesting. 

After two trips to town today the new Predator motor for wood splitter is sitting outside going through its break in period. Three hours, wonder how many beers that is? No furnace yet, but I’ve got the little heater going and it’s 60 in here. Pictures as promised. I also relpumbed the hydro’s so they are squared up and not at angles like before. It bothered me with the filter sitting crooked. And finally there’s an eight horse Indian motor for sale. One case of Hamms and you pick it up. Personally I’ll never own another one. My two cents on that. I’m happy with the splitter now and that’s all that counts, right? Have a great evening, later..,. :happy1: :happy1:

I needed a motor for a tiller and bought one of those Predetors.   Dang thing has been a great motor.  Starts in about 3 pulls every time.   Appears to be a knockoff Honda.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 23bhere and heading for mid 30s today. Back in the blind again this morning. No deer yesterday. Finners crossed for this morning. This afternoon will be cut firewood and load shed for the week. Sitting in the stand yesterday afternoon I could sure hear the ice getting smashed up by the wind. It was noisy. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!