Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5292771 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and heading for 41 today. It crazy when we landed in Minneapolis yesterday. It was whiter there than it is up here. We are brown here. It all seem to have melted off there by the time we left though. On the way back it was fairly clear, so I could see lots of lakes. Surprised how many were still open. Millacs was. When we got to lower Red it clouded up. So I didn't get to see much of LOTW. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, I had to read your story to my wife this morning on the
Way to work. She is chuckling pretty good too. She says that took care of her longing for a puppy.  :rotflmao: Hope you are feeling well this morning.
« Last Edit: December 12/06/23, 07:14:18 AM by Jerkbiat »

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Unbelievable 30 degrees to start the day.  At this rate it is going to be a short winter.  Going to spend a bit of time getting the Clam portable ready because sooner or later I will make it on the ice. 

LPS thanks for the story and laugh at your expense.  Have to love them pups.  Even though you were frustrated that pup was probably just as happy as can be having fun.    Hope you are ok. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 29 here and hope to see 47 here..  got a short visit at the VA this morning and get a few vittles I need..  coffee is good this morning..  yes I'm still chuckling this morning too but hope you are Ok LPS...  need to get some secret sauce for sure..  running low on that good stuff!!   works great on Rueben's!!!   have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 20 here & we should see 45 later. About 15 minutes into our drive yday we get a call, it's the eye clinic. They wanted to know if we could be there in 20 minutes, we told 'em that might be hard to do as we were still ~ 70 miles away. :rolleyes: Found out while we were there that they had a lot of doctors out sick. Anyway, we got there about a 1/2 hour early & we were leaving 45 minutes later. :cool: My brother was surprised at how well he did on their charts. :happy1: They said everything was looking good, see you in a month. I have an appt for an oil change in Clear Lake at 11 today, probably do a little shopping & lunch in Mason City too. Better roll, have a good day.
« Last Edit: December 12/06/23, 07:07:49 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  LOL  I am a hurting unit this morning.  Pretty good bruise and a swelling like a third of a volleyball right on the side of my hip.  Thinking I should have it looked at, mayhaps xrayed.  I will call the clinic when they open and see what they say.  Yup Jakey was having a great time.  You could see the smile on his face as he was running up to everyone on the street.  THE lesson here!  I should have 2 leashes in my truck at all times.  It has crossed my mind before what if something happened to my truck and here I have the 2 dogs with me.  If I had used a leash instead of bending over to hold his collar this may not have  happened.  AND yes it is pretty funny.  LOL   Thankfully that lady helped me. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear on both Gunners brother and you LPS..   :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS, man news in the town really travels fast. I can see the local paper headlines today. "Local man falls down chasing dog that ate a dish rag". Too funny.

markn, having to repair one of your toys every day probably means you may have too many toys. LOL. You just have to stay on top of all of them. Right now, all my toys are running fine except for the 1967 Dodge Polara that needs a starter and the Argo that needs a battery. It takes a bit of time and money to keep everything running but it's better than just pushing the broken ones out to pasture.

Dotch, farming in winter sucks for sure. Nothing is easy and dealing with snow, ice, cold and frozen stuff is a pain. I don't envy you. Probably the main reason I left the farm over 50 years ago.

Yesterday we pulled all our Hides for Habitat boxes. Current count is 1060 hides. The buyer is picking them up tomorrow so I doubt we will get anymore. This is very close to the number we had last year.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And ya know, I never got mad at Jake.  Even when I was on the ground still holding his collar.   :wowza:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......got the next to last batch of jerky on the dehydrator. of course the wife and i sample each batch  :happy1: :rotflmao: and turning out awesome!!!!!!! try and do a few more things to to cross off the list.......checking ice fishing lines is getting to be top of the priority list now.

deadeye......yesterday coming home from the Union hall that little old bait shop on 10 just south of 169 they were picking up the boxes yesterday also.

LPS..yea bet your sore........mayhaps you should of laid there longer..........maybe those gals could of given you mouth to mouth??? :rotflmao: sorry Mike brought it up!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :evil: hope you get better fast.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Looking forward to this warmup. Betting it'll be a while before we see 50 again. Plopped another round bale in the lambing barn lot yesterday. Still had hay left in the other feeder. May as well let them clean it up rather than me doing their work for them. Bale's on the spear for tonite. Climbed up the ladder and changed the last dimmed LED bulb in the barn. Like some of the ideas over on the LED thread so will see what happens. Great story Barry & so glad you weren't mortally wounded. Hopefully it's just a crease anyway. Yup deadeye, winter sucks especially birthing livestock. It would help to cut the numbers down. Wife is not good at math. When you cull 10 ewes and replace them, that's not a reduction. Not getting any younger. Like I tell people, I don't wanna be doing this 15 years from now if I live that long.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well Dotch......with all that exercise farming gives ya....... you shouldnt have to resort to Sharon's Yoga thread!!!!!  :happy1: :evil: :rotflmao:

iffin this weather is going to stay this nice tomorrow......i'm thinking pretty seriously about a  :campfire: and  :toast:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/23, 10:01:07 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well just got back from Dr.  No cracks or breaks in the hip but do have arthritis there so he said when I can't stand it anymore a new one is in order.  I have a big hematoma (blood pocket)  that will take awhile to go away.  Looks like about 1/3 of a volleyball on my hip.  SO take er easy is the recipe.  Just another adventure.  Could have been a lot worse.  Just don't bounce as good as I used to.  Just beautiful today.  Glenn a fire sounds fun.  With beer.  LOL

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it home, VA visit took longer than normal but that's ok... 

gas was from $2.84 to $2.94 today.. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
made it home, VA visit took longer than normal but that's ok... 

gas was from $2.84 to $2.94 today..
I'm my travels yesterday gas was all over the place.  Kept for the luvs truck stop cold spring was cheapest. 2.79 and I had a 4 CE T COUPONso got it for 2.74!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I was in Lino Lakes yesterday. Filled up at Bill’s at $2.59.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: December 12/06/23, 05:36:48 PM by fishwidow »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas $3.09 up here. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.fox9.com/news/cougar-killed-twin-cities-sightings-in-minneapolis

well one less cougar in Mpls
What?  She moved to Cold Spring?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh you'd be surprised at the amount of cougars we have in Cold Spring!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  Glenn ought to know.   :sleazy:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, You should have stopped and said hello, that was me picking up the box at Ebner's. Blue pickup with trailer. lol.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, You should have stopped and said hello, that was me picking up the box at Ebner's. Blue pickup with trailer. lol.
ugh... should of. :bonk: :rotflmao:

Morning fellers.  Time to get ready to  stock shelves again.
« Last Edit: December 12/07/23, 04:07:43 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and heading I to the 40s again today. Used to stop at Ebnars all the time when we lived down there. Especially during high school. Nothing exciting here. Sounds like crappy weather moves in tomorrow. So just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I may trim out the last two windows in the garage today. Sounds like a good project to get done today. After that I should finish sheeting out above South door and that will be done too. Was just informed that Christmas lights WILL be put up today too before I leave to Grand Rapids tomorrow. Oh fun. Later........ :happy1: :happy1:

Deadeye, we pulled our boxes and did our hide pick-up last week. Total was 607 hides and 415 tails. Getting rid of that cold blooded Tecumseh motor was a labor of love. Enjoyed every minute of it. :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and might touch 50 today..   the ice will really get dark today I think!!  shoreline might alright but the middle of the lake is going to be hurt...   have a good day all!   :happy1: