Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332876 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Put some white bead board in there. It is cheap and works.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you lucky dog!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You need an electric heater then it won't be so humid.   Run a cord to the house so you can plug it in before you go out there.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been fighting with a chest and head cold for the past three days just like bobber. Haven't done a thing other than get to get a glass of water and sleep. This started Thursday afternoon and I'm thinking I'm staying inside for another day yet. Good news is I did get done what I needed to Thursday morning prior to falling ill. My 2013 F-150 has 183,000 on it, it's rustier than all get out and she's leaving a small oil spot in the garage every night. So I went to one of the local dealers and bought a 2021 F-250. Been thinking about this for three years, and looking too, so I took the dive. It's 6.2L gas with 63,000 miles on it. Now comes the spendy part. I need to buy all the trinkets for it. Enough babbling for now, going to enjoy the coffee I've had in three days, later.......
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for you Mark!!   and get better too!!   
« Last Edit: January 01/07/24, 09:16:37 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a nice truck Mark.  Wish I had a 3/4 ton sometimes.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I doubt I'll  talk my brother into insulating it much less heat it. Besides it keeps the riff raff from coming up in the winter. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Besides it's already a  beast if we need to relocate it. :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember those days, you didn't mess around doing your business that's for sure. Seat so cold made ya wanna do a little sky diving..lol.
« Last Edit: January 01/07/24, 09:31:19 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I doubt I'll  talk my brother into insulating it much less heat it. Besides it keeps the riff raff from coming up in the winter. :happy1: :rotflmao:

Besides it's already a  beast if we need to relocate it. :confused:

I was thinking of coming to visit but not if you don't have heat in the outhouse.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear the neck is feeling better Mike. After my accident I really take falls seriously.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear the neck is feeling better Mike. After my accident I really take falls seriously.
Me too!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

after my hard fall 2 years ago I'm the same as you...   fricken ice on sidewalks suks

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So many people in my family and friends have fallen the last couple of years and has been devastating to some of them. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got done plowing for the first time of the year.  Had a u joint sounding noise when I backed up in 4 WD.  Hoped it was just some ice build up.  Then it started doing it in forward too.  Then lost 4 WD.  Sure hope it is a U joint.  Will get it fixed here in town.  Just part of the program.  Not as fun plowing in 2 wd. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did the drive shaft fall off??   if not??? 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No it didn't.  Hope it isn't the front pumpkin. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
or transfer case, which did you have left, front or rear wheel drive?? 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 16 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Pretty slow about getting there so would be surprised if it made it. much past the low 20's. Lite snow overnite, ~.1" that melted out to .01" worth of liquid precip. Got everything checked off the list yesterday. Should put the slats back in the livestock trailer & if I get real ambitious I'll clean it out. Snow coming tomorrow nite might amount to something so want to be ready if/when it happens. Have a visitation to go to later today. It's for Carlie Wagner's mom. They live across the fields from us 1/2 - 3/4 mile. Jane's passing at 57 is a sad deal. Way too young. Get better boober & markn. Lots of stuff going around. Friend who's an ardent COVID vaccine believer has it for the 3rd time despite his being vaccinated every chance he gets. :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/07/24, 11:38:15 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
finished plowing in 2 wd so rear wheel.  Sure sounded like a u joint when it started acting up.  ???   I will make a call to the guy tomorrow morning.  Whatever it is I need it fixed and will be cheaper than a new plow truck.  I hope.  LOL

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -1 here and heading for 14 today. Making a little ice now. Dotch, seems like the more COVID shots a person has the more they get COVID these days. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get out of the house yesterday long enough to toss the plow on and do a quick plow job on the driveway. Still have a mild sore throat and cough, but better. Sick of sitting around. Going to try to spend time in the garage today cleaning out drawers of "stuff". Local sportsmen group here has a "Take a Kid Fishing" outing coming up this weekend, looking at the weather forecast I see the temps will be in the tank for that. Hope it gets above zero and light winds. We've got a private pond that was stocked with rainbows for them to catch. Should be fun anyhow. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:

Good luck with the truck Barry, hope it isn't the chain in transfer case. Kinda sounds like it.
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 24 here & we're headed for 34, I guess. Got a storm warning from 6 tonight - 6AM Wednesday here. Windy & could get icy too. Snowfall totals are all over the map at this point in time.  :rolleyes: :bonk: Guess we'll find out. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 14 here and hope to see 21..  yea snow in the forecast here too..   2 to inches now they say..  not sure what is going on today...   snow removal will be tomorrow the way it sounds for me...  have a good day all!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers..minus 2 it says could be worse.

Good place for all that snow Gunner1 :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Setting up the spear chuckin house on cabin lake this morning.  Spear this morning  and fish crappies this afternoon.  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :mooning: :tut: I'm sending all I can to Stearns & Itasca County. :nerd:       ;) :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a miserable -7 here right now.  Man am I spoiled.  This sucks.  Will be above 0 till Fri then the bottom drops out with 0 and 2 for the highs for a week or so. Back to the cold cruel world I guess.  I have to run to town today to get some bread etc.  Should have done it yesterday but I was busy.  lol  Well be careful and walk like a duck. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -1 here and heading for 14 today. Making a little ice now. Dotch, seems like the more COVID shots a person has the more they get COVID these days. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
I've kept up with my immunizations. It has caused no ill effects for me or the warden. Overall I trust science more than rumor.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I've kept up with my immunizations. It has caused no ill effects for me or the warden. Overall I trust science more than rumor.
Everyone can do what ever they want. But last winter it was in the news. Even the Fargo stations had a story on it. And the science of MNRA I do not trust. Just saying. And that is where I will leave it.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Another dab of snow in the overnite, ~.2" at the ranch & .5" in town. The snow at the ranch hadn't melted out before I left but there was .05" of liquid equivalent precip in town. Could be a snowy week in store relative to what we've seen. We shall see. Got the slats put back in the livestock trailer but about froze my finners doing it. Went back inside to warm up & watched SDSU pound the Griz.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That was a fun game.  We switched back in forth from the lowly Vikes.  Just got back from town.  I got stuff to make peanut butter/banana smoothies for breakfast.  Very easy to do.  I will peel and chunk up and freeze the bananas.  Then throw a few chunks into the blender with a gob of peanut butter, milk or yogurt, a few flax seeds and some ice cubes.  Blend it up for a taste treat.  Or I will let you know tomorrow.  Can add anything to it like chocolate etc.