Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332446 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is 18 here and seems pretty nice out.  Not much wind yet.  Cloudy.  Should get into the 30's.  Good luck JB.  We are headed to the Falls to get me a new recliner at the Big M.  They have a nice one there that I like on sale.  My camo one that I have had for years out of Cabelas has been a great chair but the padding in the back is shot so not very good for my back.  The wife wants to put it in the kennel for Jake to lay on.  ???   I made coffee this morning.  See ya later.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 here and should hit the upper 30's here...   a good chair is good for the back!!!  I have a very good chair/recliner for me..   thinking about going out for lunch today, something different...  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's 19 for our start today & we should see 37 before it's over. :scratch: I was out early & we had a little breeze already then, but the hourly says NW @ 7-8 is all for the day. Got a couple more little projects in mind for this AM again. No more now, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking I may pull boat up and put snowmobiles away today. Might even dig out a mower and get it ready to mulch some leaves next week. Later…… :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What a cutie Mark!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......great lookin pooch Mark!!!!!! :happy1:

LPS.......dont forget the 11% rebate!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

headed down to Bethel late afternoon for a surprise b-day party for my nephew. not big on b-day parties but he did show up for my surprise retirement party!!!!! not sure what else i may do yet.

seen Grand Rapids got beat by Edina last night. bummer...... not exactly sure where this place called the Pines is, or bay lake but FB had a blurb about one of Edinas players.......best i could find it was up by branierd.  :doah: its what Edina does...recruits area's best players..........hope they get smoked today!!! but then i heard Hermantown does the same!!! :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 here and should hit the upper 30's here...   a good chair is good for the back!!!  I have a very good chair/recliner for me..   thinking about going out for lunch today, something different...  have a good day all!!
:scratch: going over to Marks????? :rotflmao: he's got steak!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 16 at choretime heading for a high around 40. Feels kinda chilly out there with a 15 mph NW wind, gusting over 20. No newbies this a.m. altho the inmates were restless. Had a couple ewes penned with their lambs that hopped out this a.m. because they figured their feed wasn't getting there fast enough. :angry: Passive aggressive shepherding doesn't work.  :coffee: Well best get at some housecleaning chores before feeding bottle lambs. Company coming later tomorrow afternoon. Fun never stops around here... :doah:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Liking my new recliner.  Sat in it a few weeks ago and decided to buy it.  Here it was on sale. Saved $150!  Unreal.  I got the Rebate slip too Glenn.  Was just outside and beautiful out of the wind but cold in the wind.  i will watch some golf and take a nap.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Like to do that here & maybe tune in some NAPCAR as markn calls it. :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I started with that and switched to golf.   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great looking pup Mark! I see they didn't dock his tail. As always Afternoon peoples,  started out at 30 and we got all the way to 40. I grabbed a rebate from menardos last weekend for the warshing machine.  Mail in and allow 6-8 weeks for processing.  They are behind times a smidge, no self checkouts and a mail in rebate?? Could be more better online rebate. Man it was nice to see Hermantown lose today, they seem to win it alot, now Chanhassen needs to put a hurt to the cake eaters tonight. Anywho I gots to get the grill going shortly but a quick update on Maisy,  she's doing ...OK.. goes to the door sometimes when she has to go, but we watch her closely.  She definitely has the begging down, thanks Remi..lol. She has figured out going down the stairs so no need to carry her anymore. Anywho were gonna get a rip roarer going downstairs tonight and hangout,  that should feel good. Best run...See ya!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 12 here and heading for the 40s today. It was really nice out on the lake yesterday. The bite was slow though. I will fish this morning and pull the house to shore when I come in. By looking at the forecast I will be pulling it back out again next weekend. Ya, Glenn Warroad recruits from outside to. I think a lot of them do. Well daylight is breaking. Best get at it. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 18 here and hope to see 50 today..  a good day yesterday and I think today will be too..  not sure what I have going on but it's Sunday so who cares...  have a good a day all!!

PS day light savings still suks...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, TWC's site says it's 10 but I was just out in the garage & our thermometer says 14. Lookin to top out ~ 47. Probably go get a paper here sometime soon & there's a couple other things I'd like to get at too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  13 here now. Still saying 51 here on the river.  Well my new chair is great.  Much better on my back than the old one.  There is another one there and we are going to get it today.  The wife's chair is in need of an upgrade too.  Then off to the landfill tomorrow to dump the old chairs.  Thinking of grilling a steak later on since it will be such a nice day. The puppy pics are great.  Keep em coming.  Jake has me trained pretty good.  He just came up to me in my new chair and gives this little whine sound so I get up and let them out.  The wife just starts laughing.  Boy he has you trained.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  Well you all have a great day!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......damn boober that's one sweet picture of the pooches!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

surprise b-day party was OK....but jimminy crickets....our go finders had us taking about every back road east of elk river imaginable!!!!!!!  :crazy: :confused: :rotflmao:  pretty drive though...a place in Bethel called the dugout.....they were busy, and the food from the grill was flying out. them locals were thrown some serious cash at the pulltabs.  :doofus: literally kept 1 beer tender busy doing just that.

not sure what is in store for today...just yet.  got the clocks all reset.......havent decided if it sucks yet or not!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 12 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. No newbies overnite so playing with the lead so far. Will need to vax, dock & tag some lambs then move them later. Also need to load some up for market sometime after our company leaves. They won't get here until 3 or after so not sure what kind of an agenda the Mrs. has on the docket. Should try to harvest some pussy willows too. With all this extra daylight, should be a slam dunk, right?  :rolleyes: I concur mikey. DST sux!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  13 here now. Still saying 51 here on the river.  Well my new chair is great.  Much better on my back than the old one.  There is another one there and we are going to get it today.  The wife's chair is in need of an upgrade too.  Then off to the landfill tomorrow to dump the old chairs.  Thinking of grilling a steak later on since it will be such a nice day. The puppy pics are great.  Keep em coming.  Jake has me trained pretty good.  He just came up to me in my new chair and gives this little whine sound so I get up and let them out.  The wife just starts laughing.  Boy he has you trained.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  Well you all have a great day!
so LPS.....how does your landfill work????

we have a dump about 4-5 miles from the cabin. they have rolloffs for bigger recycling stuff, normal dumpsters for other smaller garbage and recycling. ya pull in the guy looks at the load and decides how much to charge. we have to buy a ticket, so he handles no cash, then tells ya where to put it. its unbelieveably cheap compared to around home. i have literally brought some stuff from home up there to dispose.

one day with my mom i decided it was time to get rid of a bunch of worthless junk laying around the cabin, an old freezer i put on my trailer and had the back of my truck full.  i know he didnt charge more then 15 bucks. woulda cost me 75 at home. i got rid of a couch mom wanted gone at home, that was 45 bucks alone!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
All garbage is free if you pay taxes in the county.  Appliances are $5.  TV's are $25.  People with cabins here used to come in with a bunch of TV's from their friends at their home towns so had to squash that deal.  Car tires free.  Truck and tractor tires about $10 ?   There is a scrap iron pile too.  Pretty good deal.  No more picking.  People got greedy and ruined it for themselves. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All garbage is free if you pay taxes in the county.  Appliances are $5.  TV's are $25.  People with cabins here used to come in with a bunch of TV's from their friends at their home towns so had to squash that deal.  Car tires free.  Truck and tractor tires about $10 ?   There is a scrap iron pile too.  Pretty good deal.  No more picking.  People got greedy and ruined it for themselves.
:happy1: :happy1: yea i dont bring friends stuff up........and rarely do i do it. before it goes there it gets set out on the corner of the intersection of cty rds 4 and 29 with a free sign....... it usually goes for the most part..........i think Gunner grabs it!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
so LPS.....how does your landfill work????

we have a dump about 4-5 miles from the cabin. they have rolloffs for bigger recycling stuff, normal dumpsters for other smaller garbage and recycling. ya pull in the guy looks at the load and decides how much to charge. we have to buy a ticket, so he handles no cash, then tells ya where to put it. its unbelieveably cheap compared to around home. i have literally brought some stuff from home up there to dispose.

one day with my mom i decided it was time to get rid of a bunch of worthless junk laying around the cabin, an old freezer i put on my trailer and had the back of my truck full.  i know he didnt charge more then 15 bucks. woulda cost me 75 at home. i got rid of a couch mom wanted gone at home, that was 45 bucks alone!!!!
:tut:  :mooning: I would tell you where to put it....................................for nothin!!  :nerd: :evil:      ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Do they have a container for used motor oil there Barry? I do have some stuff to haul there this spring.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Had fire in the barrel yesterday to get rid of some cardboard. Thought it would be a three beer project, turned out it took five. :happy1: :happy1:

mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had fire in the barrel yesterday to get rid of some cardboard. Thought it would be a three beer project, turned out it took five. :happy1: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea gotta hate that when that happens!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup JB it is right in the garbage dumping room.  Can dump your jug and reuse it too.  They take anything there unless it is radioactive.  When I first started being the only guy there after getting licenses they would call and prank me with strange stuff they wanted to bring out.  Was funny as heck once I realized they were pranking me.
Do they have a container for used motor oil there Barry? I do have some stuff to haul there this spring.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i used the used oil for starting campfires.....especially when the wood is damp. the city has a barrel to dump oil also thta i've used. can get rid of filters for 50 cents a piece!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya, there is a barrel right there for filters too JB.  No charge.  Will take fluorescent light bulbs right there.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon All.  Nice day here today with a strange bright light in the sky.   Ice is looking pretty wet out there.  I'm done.  Was thinking.one more time but nope!!

Nice looking pup pics. I know with this Nice weather mine just wants to be outside.