Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5004638 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Fat fingers or predictive text. Grandkids are coming down from Baudette.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
not there parents?????? :shocked: :evil:hope they drive safe!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So your grandkids and kids are from our neck of the woods. Cool.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Had another talk with the Sherrif's dept. I guess they tried but the trespassing laws in this state favor the lawbreakers. I guess I will be putting up signs. The most important thing to me is that it doesn't happen again. I'm not happy but I did what I can. As they say: "it is what it is". God i hate that saying.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate that saying too even though it is all you can say sometimes. So you have relatives here TT?

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate that saying too even though it is all you can say sometimes. So you have relatives here TT?
I do have relatives. They don't brag about it, though. Can't figure out why. I would have more relatives if I won a big lottery.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No doubt, everyone would love you then.   :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly. Can't say that I hate it. But, like you said. Sometimes that's all there is to say.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   53 this morning with chance of rain today.   Winds look to be calm and temps are only supposed to be in the low 60s.  Have a great day All.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 52 here and heading for 56 today. Chance of rain today here today. Rained just enough after work to make it crappy outside. But didn't even register in the gauge. If it is going to rain it would be nice if it would amount to something. Winds are lighter and from the SSW this morning. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  49 here and cloudy...  could see 64 today..  got 2 appointments at the Alex VA this morning at 9am..  one is to check my eyes and make sure all is good with them..  the dilating part is so fun!!!  after that pick up a few things  and then come on home...  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 50 here and cloudy with a breeze.  Could see 67.  Will believe it when I see it.  I got a good chunk of mowing done yesterday but I gave up when the sprinkles started getting me wet.  Not sure if I will be able to get it done today or not.  Depends on if it dries out before more rain hits.  Mike I know about that dilating thing.  What a pain that is.  We are headed to Bemidji tomorrow to see the hip Dr. and then the Eye Dr.  SO you know he will dilate my eyes so when we have lunch I will be the guy with sunglasses on indoors.  Same when we hit Aldi that the wife wants to go to.  I asked him if there isn't anything that they can put in your eyes to counteract it.  He said there sort of is but not real reliable or something like that.  We need to invent it Mike.  Well have a good one and stay out of trouble. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Dentist appt at 9:00 and then we are off to Deer Creek for 124 trees. After that not sure what's going to happen looking to the West. Pretty dark over there already and it has rained here a little already. Nothing much. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Back in the day we used to hit that bar in Deer Creek.  They made their own pizzas and were darn good.  Fun place.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........got some things to finish up today, fine tune getting organized for tomorrow afternoons cabin departure!!!!! :happy1: got a big chunk done yesterday!!!!!!!

yea that dilating the eyes really sucks!!!!!!! i hate my eyes getting messed with!!!!!!! :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Another day of looking for disasters on tap. Who'd a thunk we'd be looking at replanting corn on as many acres as we have? Tile only works as intended when the outlet stays above water. I've promised myself that I'll look at at least one nice corn field today. Otherwise it starts to get real depressing. Gin transport hasn't arrived yet either. Got payroll done. Need to head to the bank & post office then back at it. Tires an old fart out.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Another day of looking for disasters on tap. Who'd a thunk we'd be looking at replanting corn on as many acres as we have? Tile only works as intended when the outlet stays above water. I've promised myself that I'll look at at least one nice corn field today. Otherwise it starts to get real depressing. Gin transport hasn't arrived yet either. Got payroll done. Need to head to the bank & post office then back at it. Tires an old fart out.
:scratch: its still that wet down your way??????? even last week when i headed over the new london way the ditches that had a pile of water in them back then were pretty much empty????

best get a rush job ticket on the gin supply!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's still wet enough in areas of some fields where guys can get stuck.  I know if I wasn't careful yesterday I could've planted the Gator. Some fields are OK but none too dry yet. I think some union thugs are striking & holding up my juniper berry extract deliveries... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's still wet enough in areas of some fields where guys can get stuck.  I know if I wasn't careful yesterday I could've planted the Gator. Some fields are OK but none too dry yet. I think some union thugs are striking & holding up my juniper berry extract deliveries... :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shocked:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn,
Our soil down here really holds on to the water. With a few exceptions, one being 1988, we have far more problems with too much rain than with too little. Last year there was a lot of hullabaloo about the drought but the farmers around here had near record crops. If you till the ground when it is wet around here you end up with a bunch of clods that get as hard as rocks when they dry out.
Finally got a lot of the garden planted. Peppers and Vining crops left.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn,
Our soil down here really holds on to the water. With a few exceptions, one being 1988, we have far more problems with too much rain than with too little. Last year there was a lot of hullabaloo about the drought but the farmers around here had near record crops. If you till the ground when it is wet around here you end up with a bunch of clods that get as hard as rocks when they dry out.
Finally got a lot of the garden planted. Peppers and Vining crops left.
:happy1: :happy1: kinda crazy how that works from one part of the state to the next. i'm not saying its bad, just different. around here and i'm speaking my garden specifically sort of, it hold water OK is decent ground for growing but even after all that rain G didnt have any issues tilling, he said his ground would be the same if he tilled it be clumps. up north its either all sand of gooy clay!!! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my eye's all messed up and just getting back to normal pupils!!!  now just wait for the results to come back... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, our post-op checkup went good. Took a bit longer than I hoped but we were back in town by 11:15. Got some lunch & been home since 12:30. Got some packing to do & we're headed for the lake tonight ~1. :happy1: Talk at ya next time from up there. :cool: 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travel fellers!!!  glad the check up went good!!   :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/15/24, 03:42:07 PM by mike89 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels Gunner!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels gunner, I'll keep my eye out for ya in the morning.  Evening forum fellas,  it's been a different week so far, momma and her misfit friends flew down to Florida last Saturday morning.  I gots home from the cabin on Sunday and been doing my best on eating freezer food, but that gets old. Jimmy John's got the nod last night and grilled cheese tonight. The whipper snapper comes over to let the pooches out during the day but it's pretty quiet otherwise.  A little Maisy update she's getting tall, havnt loosened her collar in a while since she's going up. Looking forward to playing fetch at the lake, not only water but in the woods where she has to use her nose, but the whipper snappers kitty has been here all week, she gets hissed at and swatted bout 16 times a day, she might not have a nose left...Best go make a dent in the couch....see ya!!!
« Last Edit: May 05/15/24, 06:13:42 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like fun.  Enjoy!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels gunner, I'll keep my eye out for ya in the morning.  Evening forum fellas,  it's been a different week so far, momma and her misfit friends flew down to Florida last Saturday morning.  I gots home from the cabin on Sunday and been doing my best on eating freezer food, but that gets old. Jimmy John's got the nod last night and grilled cheese tonight. The whipper snapper comes over to let the pooches out during the day but it's pretty quiet otherwise.  A little Maisy update she's getting tall, havnt loosened her collar in a while since she's going up. Looking forward to playing fetch at the lake, not only water but in the woods where she has to use her nose, but the whipper snappers kitty has been here all week, she gets hissed at and swatted bout 16 times a day, she might not have a nose left...Best go make a dent in the couch....see ya!!!
:scratch: so you were unsupervised last weekend fishing........ :doah: :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: so you were unsupervised last weekend fishing........ :doah: :doah:
Pretty much, although the game warden checked in on us.. ;)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 with a SSE wind blowing 16 off of the lake. Light rain to. Supposed to make it to 52 it says for a high. Been rainy and crappy the last 2 days, but it has only amounted to .09" so far. The farmers were still working in the fields yesterday on the way home from work. Finally put tabs on the pickup last night. That might actually go for a drive this weekend. Also changed the air filter. Surprised how many bugs made it to the filter. Tonight I should get the fuel filter changed. Then we will be ready for some camper pulling. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.