Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5025604 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, anymore by 9 p.m. I'm starting to wind down get mentally prepared for Tales of Wells Fargo. Seldom do I make thru an hour's worth of that these days.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  74 and hardly a ripple on the lake. We rolled in around 5. Dogs wanted some swim time right away so there wish was my command.  I tell ya tho, that Maisy has made big strides, but she is friggin stubborn! Picked up a sport dog shock collar which I didn't want to use, but after the third time she took off down the shore chasing neighbor dogs I had enough.  The fourth time she responded nicely,  came trotting right on back. Let her out on her own to do her business a little bit ago she looked down at the other dogs, looked back at me and came right back...good girl.  Anywho we'll be out most of the week which sounds kinda wet but that's OK, I can still fish and get wet....See ya!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 here and saying rain today, and only going to be 69 today!!  bid difference from the last few days...  did get the yard mowed yesterday, it was getting close to really getting to tall..  not much else going on so have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have 62 and will get to mid 70's.  It rained some an hour ago and more is getting close to us.  The lawn is looking shaggy and will be even shaggier in a day or two.  The wife can't keep up with a full time job and the mowing and trimming.  No big deal but now she sees how much time I spend on it.  No plans for the day.  Just walking more with the cane.  Makes aches in new places but will get better.  You stay dry and have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers... kinda wey here to. Did well fishin yesterday.  Last full day home tomorrow.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 61 here & we're on our way to 74. We had some rain overnight & it looked like ~ .1" in the gauge when I 1st went out. Sill a few sprinkles around too. Did a little mowing & trimmed some too early yday. Took our big farmer's jack down to the lake & used it to raise the dock yday afternoon. More to do there, but not sure it'll be today. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Kids shot well yesterday. I think they will make it into the top 40 teams in state to get an invite to next Friday's tournament. Our JV kids did great yesterday with a First Place for team (for the day) and male high score with a 94. It's his first year shooting and I think he's going into ninth grade next Fall. Nephew is stopping by today with a welding project he would like to have done and hopefully get yard cut today. Tomorrow is another full day with the morning at the MDHA booth and then there's a big presentation at the high school for Vietnam Vets at 2:00 that I plan on attending. Have a great day all, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Markn.  I saw the big article in the Strib about the shot in Alex and thought of you.  Those kids having a good time is awesome and I thank you.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. A trace of rain overnite with more expected over the next 24 hrs., possibly heavy amounts. Clean out a hummingbird feeder then make a feed run before it gets any ideas. Got a little more gardening done last nite after the Mrs. returned from MO. Somehow I wound up doing the bulk of the chores this a.m. Funny how that works... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Barely. 70 here and that is about the high. Raining now and supposed to do that most of the afternoon. Going to make a run to the save big money store soon. Then head to the grad party later today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal JB.  It is partly cloudy and breezy here.  Not much of a chance of rain till tomorrow afternoon.  We did get rain early this morning but not much. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife saw a doe and her fawn trot through the yard this morning.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Happy Father's Day to all you dad's.
      Woke up to some nice sunshine this morning. 68° but heading for 90°. Oh, goodie. Hens were anxious to get out in to their yard this morning.
      Rain gauge read 2.1". By my records, 4.05" so far this month.
      Son and his family are down from Baudette to celebrate a couple of birthdays and Fathers Day this weekend.
      Stay safe everyone.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 61 here & on our way to 77. Got a little light mist too. Went for a boat ride yday & it was a bit breezy out there. tried to put some gas in the boat but found out the pump we use for that no longer works.  :rolleyes: Probably go get a paper here in a bit & after that :scratch:. Have a good day.

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Dad's Day guys. Off to MDHA booth and then the high school this afternoon. We did get the yard cut yesterday and a bunch of the leaves that were knocked off the trees on Wednesday ground up. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  lt is 64 and cloudy here.  Could be a T storm this morning with a high of 81. Glad the wife got the lawn all mowed yesterday.  It was long too. TT My neighbor built a great looking coop and I have mentioned to the wife that we should get chickens.  NO WAY she responds.  LOL  Then I know she is serious.  She says I had to take care of them as a kid and I don't want to do it again.  Therefore we have no chickens.  Man it is getting dark here.  It was breezy a second ago and now it is dead calm.  Oh Oh.  Well have a great Dads Day.  Dotch you can sit in your lawn chair all day.  Let the wife do all of the chores.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 here and heading to 80...  sounds humid to for today...  never did get much rain here yesterday..  have heard up to 3 inches in some places already..  and more coming...  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Father's day fellas!!! 69 here and muggy. The pooches took us fer a stroll and the flies are already bad. I did the same thing yesterday gunner,  I had to get a new pump this spring,  I left the batteries in the old one and I guess I wasn't spose to, I'll take em out from now on. It's looking like a loaf in the lake kinda day, finish mow lawnin and go from there. Think I'll wait on fishing,  let the weekend warriors go home, then I'll go out. Best run....See ya!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Happy Father's Day, fellow gulag comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Strong breeze, 15 - 20 mph, so it's not as uncomfortable as the TC weather terrorists would have you believe. 1.05" of rain fell at the ranch with .94" in Bugtussle the past 24 hrs. between several showers & thunderstorms. Mebbe mow some lawn & see about a nap later. I'm allowed.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: June 06/16/24, 10:49:55 AM by Dotch »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy pa day! 73 here in Buffalo. Supposed to head to near 90 and humid. Need to pack up. Hook up to the camper and see if I can get it out of it's parking spot here with as wet as it is. I see it is raining at home now. Got 2-3" of rain here yesterday.Time to russle up the wife and get packing. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning!!  Looks like the rain missed us again this morning.  So far this weekend we spent some time with great friends, did a bit of fishing and finished up a transom in a 1997 Lund Pro-V.   Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers out there! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers......made it safely home by 12;30!  :happy1: pretty much all put away!!!!

man that tornado did some damage by rabbit lake.....took a sizeable path through the woods....... lot of trees tipped over. there was another spot north of st joe that had trees laying around to.

gas was pretty even across the board.......from 3.12 to 3.19.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We made the mistake of taking 169 up. Detour by Aitkin was ridiculous.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
our normal route is hwy 6. good roads and no construction.........yet!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We take that when going to my brother's place by Remer.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Before we travel, I check this.................https://www.dot.state.mn.us/roadwork/index.html#gsc.tab=0

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
That detour has been in place for probably a couple months. I think it’s going to continue well into the fall.  Kind of limits the ways to get up there from the cities, unless you’re pretty far East or west.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That detour has been in place for probably a couple months. I think it’s going to continue well into the fall.  Kind of limits the ways to get up there from the cities, unless you’re pretty far East or west.
thinking your correct fishwidow!! Yea it was hard for me to say! :rotflmao: :mooning:

I'm pretty certain I seen signs on hwy 210 going into Crosby where it heads to deerwood back in April when o drove through 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening boys. We pulled out of Buffalo little after 12:30 this afternoon. Took the son in law's suburban and his pickup hooked to mine to get the camper back up on the driveway. Good thing I backed the camper in and didn't go in head first. Would have never got it out. We rolled into Baudette little after 5:30. Pulled into Howard's gas station and dumped the tanks on the camper. We were home about 6:30. Early bedtime tonight.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Mid- October according to the link I posted. There was another kind of long detour north of that stretch of 169 by the Mississippi bridge where you had to go through Palisade last year too.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:15:52 AM by Gunner55 »