Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5094694 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mine says pull the battery's after each use..  say what!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Unless your using it alot, your better off. Cheap but works great!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Batteries leak sometimes and will corrode your connections. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do agree..  I'll pull them tomorrow..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You fellers play with your batteries.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/05/24, 08:04:34 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 here and heading to 76 today...  and another chance of rain..  hope we get the same as yesterday, nothing..  got a few things done yesterday and have a few things for today too...   another outside kind of day...   have a good day all!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: That your shed, glenn? Must be, cuz it looks 'Smurf Blue" to me !!!  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas!! 61 here and the sun is out, finally.  With garbage day today we decided yesterday to go thru the 3 freezers,  holy smokes was there some old stuff hidden. It'll be a outside day here also Mike but first the hounds keep bringing me shoes so looking like a couple mile stroll is in order.....See ya!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: That your shed, glenn? Must be, cuz it looks 'Smurf Blue" to me !!!  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 58 at 1st peek here & we should end up ~ 78, they're saying. Been working on putting up a shelf behind the workbench out in the new shed, just for somethin to do. Hoping to get by just using stuff we already have laying around. Could've mowed but it got kind of warm, so I took the Grizzly down to the Bowstring access instead. Only 1 rig from Wisconsin down there & the water at the ramp was a nasty green. No more now, have a great day

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another beautiful morning.  Calm yet.  I finally got some 24D mixed up to spray some weeds today.  2 of this years foxes were sitting in the yard waiting for Jake and Cooper this morning.  They chase them around and then the foxes just disappear.  I keep a close eye on how healthy they look and seem just fine.  I have shot 2 with distemper here over the years.  Its almost like they look at me for help when they get like that.  Sad.  Well gonna make potato salad today.  Seems like a good weekend for it. I am sleeping better every night.  Rolling over is getting easier and sleeping on my side is getting better too.  Sure seems funny to not have a boat in the water but with the hip deal it keeps me calmer.  LOL  Well you all have a great Saturday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: yep...my shed........you can come down in a couple weeks and help me reshingle it!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

morning fellers.......lookin like a nice start to the day. there saying rain later so best work on outside stuff first.  weed the garden id top of the list.

momma left me unsupervised for the day  :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 70 here and heading for 75. Light breeze from the sw this morning. Supposed to be 5 to 10 today. Hoping to make it out fishing today. Never made it yesterday. Things just didn't go the way I hoped. We did go check on blue berries. And think in another week they could be ready. About it here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellow gulag comrades! 61 at choretime and looks like it topped out somewhere around 78. Another .19" of rain at the ranch. The hits just keep on coming. :doah: Car show in Bugtussle today. ~150 cars competing. Was fortunate to win The Best of the Rest award. Had a real good time. Shared some beers I'd brought along with friends. Parked right beside a guy I got to know a few years back when were running down I-35 from the BTT50's to Owatonna then home. We were at the car show in Bugtussle after that and we each figured out who the other guy was. Connected him up today with a friend of a departed  mutual friend. The stories almost brought tears to their eyes. A good time was had by all. Time to start getting stuff ready to wash 4-H sheep. Odd. I was done with 4-H in 1976. Something not right here... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from town. Had to make an emergency beer-run. Also had a Bloody Mary while we were there too. I feel better now. Later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kind of hot so we are inside in the AC today.  Sounds like a good time Dotch.  Got the hill mowed.  It was 3'tall undesirable weeds.  Looks much better.  Did get the doc sprayed finally the last 2 days.  I can do the whole place including the pasture edges with a 2 gallon sprayer filled once.  Used to be much worse.  Used to have lots of thistles too.  Not much anymore.  Fingers are crossed.  That bloody mary sounds great Mark.  With Clamato juice I like. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was thinking about mowing sliding a bike ride in today...  neither happened...   oh well, mother nature is in control...

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had about .75” of rain at campground. Looks like another “Whiskey Front” headed our way. Good thing we went to town earlier. :happy1: :happy1:
Clamato and beers are tasty too. One of our favorites Barry.
« Last Edit: July 07/06/24, 06:38:50 PM by markn »
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had about .75” of rain at campground. Looks like another “Whiskey Front” headed our way. Good thing we went to town earlier. :happy1: :happy1:
Clamato and beers are tasty too. One of our favorites Barry.
thats a purty CHEVY ya got parked there!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and again heading to 76..  not sure we made it to that yesterday..  saying a chance of rain again today so not sure when or if I'll mow the grass today...   there's always tomorrow..  have a good day all!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 62 the 1st time I went out to the garage & it looks like 71 will be the high. We had another .4" in the gauge early & it's lightly raining again now. :rolleyes: Glad I listened to their forecast & mowed a bit yday. Got 1 mower that needs to be looked at today but I'm not sure what else will get done. Probably go for a paper today too, as I haven't been over there in a week or so. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
« Last Edit: July 07/07/24, 07:46:08 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here and heading for 74 it says with some rain on the radar this morning. We did make it out fishing for a little while in the afternoon yesterday. Caught some to big, some to small and one 18-1/2" keeper. That will go with some eggs this morning.  Got chased in by one storm, but only a few drops of rain. May try again today, but looking like rain. Otherwise a go with the flow kinda day. Have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........well the good news is i dont need to water the garden today!!!!

sure hope everyone pissed away there fireworks nearby last night!!!!!! :confused: i had a big ole hounddog on my lap between the thunder and fireworks being shot off for over an hour!!!!!! good grief. but man did we have 1 humongous crack of thunder last night.  :rolleyes:

pretty much organized for the trip north tomorrow after i'm done with the store. may be an early departure from said store too!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: load a few things in the truck today!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
thats a purty CHEVY ya got parked there!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
[/quote]

Glenn, The white one is my sister’s, the gray one is the BILs. I’m on a fixed income and can’t afford them bow -tie trucks.
 Dumped out 1” from the rain gauge when I got home. Not feeling too ambitious today, need to clean an 1100 later to shoot sporting clays tomorrow. :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/24, 05:19:34 PM by markn »
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. .02" of rain the past 24 hrs. at the ranch. Most of it stayed south and west of us last nite. Got 2 lambs washed yesterday afternoon & have a yearling to wash yet this afternoon. This 4-H family is different than most. Show them how to do it right and they buy in quickly. A lamb in full fleece isn't the easiest thing to get clean. Always dreaded that back in the day but they did one helluva job washing & drying it. Makes carding so much easier for whoever's trimming it. Well I best get at it. Lots of things to do before they come back this afternoon. Ta ta!   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  69 here and raining.  Not heavy but steady.  It is getting lighter out so may not last much longer.  No big plans for the day other than relaxing and smome some ribs.  Got a lot done this weekend.  Feels good. Will go for a Ranger ride and see how the doc is wilting today.  Worked great to have the sprayer between my legs and just drove around and could get to all of the doc.   :happy1:  Have a good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here and heading for 77 it says. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible too. We got a little rain mid day yesterday. In the afternoon I moved the weather station from the post under the maple tree and put it up on the back of the bird feeder. It is now back out in the open. The maple that was covering it has grown to be rather large now. I think it was blocking a lot of the rain from getting into it. Well back to the salt mines after 10 days off. Have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 and heading towards 80 today...  warm and humid day I think...  that storm really came rolling by here yesterday afternoon..  15 minutes later all quiet...   crazy...  I did get the yard mowed yesterday, grass was longer than I realized...   have a good day all!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another nice morning.  It has been getting warmer than what is predicted almost every day so I expect about 80 today.  I am going to make some potato salad and smoke some ribs today.  Never got it done over the weekend so will work nicely today.  Sad that the wife has to go back to work today.  So nice having here home with me the last 4 days.  We got a lot done too.  Well you all have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We're off to do sporting clays this morning and probably trap tonight. I'm a little behind on my league scores. Going to try to get some things put away in the garage too. I thinks the boat will get looked at tomorrow and hopefully finished up. Thanks JB for going back to work today, us old pharts need the SS checks. :rotflmao: Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm