Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5352635 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A late morning boys.  It is a nice sunny morning here.  I have to mow one of these weeks.  The grass is getting long.  May help if I sharpen the blades one more time.  Yes I can't believe how expensive rooms are now.  We found a completely remodeled VRBO house when we went to Luverne last time.  Real nice clean house for $100 a night.  Unreal.  Caught some fish yesterday but nothing big.  Just a few eaters.  May go out today if I don't mow.  We shall see.  Good to hear you are back in the smoking program Glenn.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Plus another nephew getting married on October 5. That one is local and the wife can drive home if I get my nose too far into the beer. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Making preparations for tomorrow's Pepperpalooza. Pictured are some of the hotties.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Are those gummies? glenn wanted me to ask... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The ones in the upper left hand corner are KSLS (Khang Starr Lemon Starburst). I tasted one yesterday. I think it is a new favorite. I will be planting them next year.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are bright colors for a reason Roony.  It is a warning!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
LPS,  Monday I went up to Mike's and took this off his hands! So I got my fish smoked that day yet.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS,  Monday I went up to Mike's and took this off his hands! So I got my fish smoked that day yet.
So you never fixed your's, just stole his... :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:yea.......NOT!!!!! i paid for it plus i fixed da udder one.......datz going to the cabin for a spare.

:pouty:ya think i'm dippy enough to post that iffin i stole it!!!!!!!!1 :tut: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:27:40 PM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:yea.......NOT!!!!! i paid for it plus i fixed da udder one.......datz going to the cabin for a spare.

:pouty:ya think i'm dippy enough to post that iffin i stole it!!!!!!!!1 :tut: :rotflmao:

tooooo   funny!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey that is great!!  That's what friends are for.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here and heading for 80 it says. We made 83 yesterday, so it will be interesting to see what we hit today. Well Barry, it is official as of yesterday. The grocery stores will now be Hugo's. Not sure yet if that will be good or bad. The wife still is not sure how she feels about it working for them. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I finished de-weeding the driveway yesterday. Sprayed them with Roundup a week ago and then tore them up with the string trimmer and blew the remains in the yard with the blower. Looks OK. Probably spend 30 minutes, an hour with chainsaw again today. I get a backache after 15 minutes because I'm fat and out of shape so we're trying to get some muscles back to where they were a few years back. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  JB I wondered about that.  I see the flyer we got this week says Hugos on it.  We love the Hugos in Park Rapids.  On the weekends they really have a lot of brats and steaks and other cool stuff in the meat market.  Not that they will do that in our little store but who knows.  I wonder if the old owners will still be managers.  They used to have great chicken but changed the batter to something that has hard chunks in it.  Not as good.  I hope they change that.  We have had great weather and today looks to be the same.  This is the last day forecasted in the 80's. Then 70's and in a week in the 60's.  We shall see.  Ya Mark I can only do so much too or I get a sore back.  I have some nice dried up elm to cut for campfire wood.  Won't need to split it neither.  May work on that this weekend too.  The wife will be gone so I am batching it.   :sleazy:  Gonna be a lot of hell raising going on here.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Well TGIT!  LOL  Have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 50 here and going for 82 today..   slept in a bit this morning and it feels good!!
got a few things to do today...   got a bike ride in yesterday and get it washed too..  it needed
a bath!!!  now I should do my car!!!   have a good day all!!   

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Calm 50° when I watched the hens stampede out of the coop.
      Probably mow the jungle again today. Hopefully the last time this year. That will be a late morning or early afternoon thing. Ditches are looking kind of ugly.
       First, I see there are only four beers in the fridge. Time to restock.
       Stay safe everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. More beans came off but a lot of guys only able to harvest limited amounts due to the unevenness. If they dump them in the bin at home, odds are good they'll make a mess. If they haul them to Mankato, they'll have to sit in line quite a while, 2 - 4 hours at last check. Patience is a virtue. Some sad news. The guy I mentioned with ALS passed away overnite. He went in a hurry relative to some. Had his ducks in a row so that should help the family deal with it. Also lost a fella who used to have a gravel hauling business out of Freeborn. Another nice old guy, father in law of a friend of mine. At home, it's wedding overload with flowers being readied for that fiasco on Saturday. Seems like the brides stay up nights thinking of ways to make these things the biggest PITA they can possibly be. It suddenly makes a colonoscopy sound like fun.  :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No way did I want a big wedding and to make all of those people go out of their way for us.  Sorry about your friends passing too. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Barry.

I know I've personally vowed to never remarry regardless. Not that I dislike women; quite the contrary. I just won't put anyone thru that rigmarole again, myself included.  :coffee:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about the lost of your friends dotch. On a brighter note Ringo, my head mouser, was on patrol last night. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      We had a great wedding. Just my bride, me, my friend Don, wife's friend Karen and the judge. All of 10 minutes, start to finish. That was back in January of 1977. Still married.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry to hear about your friends Dotch... 

It suddenly makes a colonoscopy sound like fun.  :coffee:

have to think about that!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...done at the store......donating blood at 1;30 today, they a trip to Runnings to buy a new chainsaw. and a few other things.........and unlike that Mark guy, things i need!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea Dotch, sorry to hear about your friends passing!!!

also glad noone likes me enough to invite to weddings  :happy1: :rotflmao: unless its family, then they kinda got to i guess!!!!!
my first time with thee ole seahag was a big shindig but the next one was on our deck with a JP and family. yea we had a party afterwards....its the thing to do in Stearns county!!!!   :happy1: 34 years!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for the loss of your friends Dotch.

Ya, our wedding was just a small one at the court house in Anoka. Just family and some close friends, maybe 30 of us. It probably helped my wife had been married once already, so wasn't interested in a big wedding. She had to work her way up to perfection.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: We hit 30 years this past June.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
1st time, in the church..  more for her than me..

2nd one in a friends back yard on the deck..  maybe 25 to 30 people...  we made over 30 years when she passed away..  took twice to find a good woman... 

no 3rd one for... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
First one was on a hill over the St Croix with a JP and some friends.  The second with my now wonderful wife was at a small church here with a small group of family and friends.  We then rented rooms at Sportsmans and stayed and partied that night.  Was a lot of fun.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, so prior to all the blissfully weddings  :rotflmao: and LPS & JB talking grocery stores?? :scratch:

Never heard of a Hugo's? Is that something of an up north thing??

I know in Geand Rapids and Deer River it's a SuperOne thing now.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear the sad news Dotch, weddings and funerals is about the only time we see our cousins aunts and uncles lately it seems.  Hey Glenn,  24hrs from now I should be sitting in beautiful Kandiyohi county!!  :sleazy: i'll give em one warning but dang is it queit out yonder this time year.  Sad tho, everything will be coming otta the lake, all that won't be done is draining the water lines...sure went by fast. Anywho the pooches are already waiting at the door...long wait I told em..See ya!!!