Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489247 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Or just what's cookin in the kitchen? Sure plenty of grilling time left for sure but I find myself doing meals now in the kitchen as well.  Must be thinking fall coming.  Get's that way once the Viking's start playing.  But I thought I would start a thread just in case some of you are messing around the kitchen as well.  I made up some shrimp fried rice last night.  Turned out real good.  Trick to good fried rice is to make the rice ahead and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of days. it had eggs, sesame oil, sake, salt , white pepper, black pepper soy sauce, green onions, and some chopped lettuce.  good luck.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Its been so hot and humid down this way,I havent used the smoker or weber for 6 weeks or so.I use the gas grill on the screen porch weekly but we have been cooking inside lots!! NO oven with the air on so its all simple meals.Tonight its BLT's Saturday is a rib fest here smoked and BBQed with friends!! The high is to be 65 degrees!! Hope it stays cooler!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Its been so hot and humid down this way,I havent used the smoker or weber for 6 weeks or so.I use the gas grill on the screen porch weekly but we have been cooking inside lots!! NO oven with the air on so its all simple meals.Tonight its BLT's Saturday is a rib fest here smoked and BBQed with friends!! The high is to be 65 degrees!! Hope it stays cooler!!
:scratch:my invite musta got lost in the mail???? :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
:scratch:my invite musta got lost in the mail???? :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
but I bet a restraining order  didn't! hahahahahahhaha
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Looks good reiny, Thanks for starting this post, glen and I will behave. I got some cooking in the next few days to post. Plus I have a surprise sausage adventure im working on this weekend.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good reiny, Thanks for starting this post, glen and I will behave. I got some cooking in the next few days to post. Plus I have a surprise sausage adventure im working on this weekend.
:bonk: :bonk: yea it really looks like your behaving! training-087 :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
No rules as far as I'm concerned on this thread.  I love you guy's on here.  Making a pot roast right now in the crock pot. Got some at Cubs at 2.99 lb.  Boar, I wanted to make some cheddar cheese chili dogs this week but I have to wait till next week.  25 pounds and some will go to deer camp and making some polish also.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
sounds good reiny, glenn please stay on topic this is an informative, educational, and mature thread i would think that someone of your age would hold himself  in a more adult mannor. hey i know.. youncould try cooking somethimg...... wait not a good idea....... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: training-087
78.50"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
WE"RE Havin PORK RIBS, 57 No squirrel,Muskrat or wild game.BUT IF I Can contribute to yer wild game feed this year, I sure will!!!!! You can count on my limit a 7 tree rats<<<Then any other rodents or marsupials I can take.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
nacho cheese chicken,  took naco doritos, crushed them up, cut chicken breast into strips, 1 cup.mayo, quarter cup milk, .dip, roll, bake, 350 till done. really good.

78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going to do the same thing tonight Boar but with Cheeze it's crackers crushed.  Cut the breast into chunks, mix some buttermilk and a pack of dry ranch dressing together and throw the chicken chunks in there.  Put in the fridge for a few hours and you can fry or bake them.  Lookin good!!!good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Pot roast in a slow cooker.  I like to roast them in the oven but this is just as good.  Was gone most of the day so the crock pot is great for when your not around.  We had it with sweet potato's [mashed] and corn on the side.  I really miss this favorite comfort food.  When I was a kid my mom would make a pot roast and we had mashed potato's and German Kraut on the side.  That I will be doing soon.  Will bring back many memories.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pot roast is one  of my favorites RH.  I got two small pork roasts on sale the other day.  That may be what I do with them. 

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Got some chantrells from dakids yesterday! Looked in the fridge to see what we had to use some,Left over chicken,White Rice, eggs scrambled mexican style.So I made fried rice SE Asia style with lots a rooms/
 Tasty and we et er all!!! Thanks dakids I salvaged 3/4 the bag. I believe shipping in a plastic bag may have been a bad environment for mold to grow/ At home we learned no plasitc to store anything at room temp,paper bag breaths. They were delish anyway!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I made some chicken breasts that I cut into strips.  Got me some buttermilk and added some dry Ranch dressing mix to it and mixed it up well.  Put the strips in there and put them in the fridge for 3 hours or so.  Then I got some Shake and Bake seasoned Panko breading.   So I put the breast pieces in the breading and then into some hot oil.  Fried them up golden brown and had a salad on the side.  Buttermilk is a great marinade for getting chicken breast tender and moist. good luck

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks awesome rh!!, I'll be trying that for sure. With the rain and cool weather it's hotdish time. Mrs bobber whipped up some bacon cheeseburger tater tot hotdish dish. Bring on fall!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Both of those look great! I just had an Iowa chop and assorted fresh veggies. ;)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Reinhard......did you leave a healthy coating of buttermilk on the strips before putting into the dry mix?
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Ken, I just took the strips out of the mix and put them right into the panko seasoned mix.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Goulash last night in the crock pot.  Had to make it on the mild side since my 90 year old mother-in-law can't take the heat like she used to.  Still good but I did add some hot pepper to mine.  Enough for two days.  Didn't measure, but it had a 2 pound chuck roast in  there that I chopped up and browned, onions, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and garlic.  Cooked some elbow noodles to go along with it at the end.  good luck.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks great RH!

I had some leftover grilled chicken breast,  so I  chopped it up. Boiled some noodles,  added some cream of chicken soup. Added garlic and some mixed vegetables......easy peasy dinner...

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya HD, that's called comfort food!!!!  good luck.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Interesting Reinhard. Your version of goulash is the way I was brought up eating it. Basically a hotdish. I was in Europe last month and had real Hungarian goulash in Hungary. It is not a hotdish. No noodles or tomatoes. Basically a beef roast with Hungarian seasoning.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have chicken soaking in the buttermilk dressing mix combo right now.  Did it last night.  Will bake them tonight and enjoy while watching the Vikes.  Thanks RH.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have chicken soaking in the buttermilk dressing mix combo right now.  Did it last night.  Will bake them tonight and enjoy while watching the Vikes.  Thanks RH.
what time is chow LPS??! I could make it by 9 pm!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Reb must still be in bed, I don't see no slobber in any posts yet.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
what time is chow LPS??! I could make it by 9 pm!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Reb must still be in bed, I don't see no slobber in any posts yet.

I was up at 6:00 am, ya little muffin!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The chicken turned out great.  What a good idea.  I made way too much so there will be chicken strips leftovers for a while which is ok to me.  I like leftovers.