Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1502852 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty:  :pouty: leech, that's when they taste the bestest!!! :happy1:
Yeah, that may only be after your chips and Dads pop lunch you posted above!  :scratch:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have the oven heating up to bake some bacon.  Then gonna have BLT's for brunch. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just finished a ham and cheese omelet..   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got done cutting a boneless pork loin up into chops..  now I have a few for the grill or the smoker!!  sealed them with my new vac sealer and that worked slick!!!   very happy with the purchase!!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Anyone cook a boneless beef Ball tip roast?? They tough, taste ok??? Picked up one in the reduced price bin today  figured as long as it was going to be cold tomorrow I'd fire up the oven
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
either lo and slow in the oven or the crock pot...  good flavored roast.. 

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So how many hours we looking at?? It's going in a roaster in the oven. I usually cook other roasts at 350.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry, Glenn, I missed the oven part. I was thinking in terms of grilling. That would be 200-225 degrees with the time varying by size. Somewhere between 8 and 12 hours usuall works for me.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/22, 06:15:14 AM by fishwidow »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry, Glenn, I missed the oven part. I was thinking in terms of grilling. That would be 200-2225 degrees with the time varying by size. Somewhere between 8 and 12 hours usuall works for me.
:doah: holy friggin Hannah.  :confused: :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Covered in the pan with some liquid in the pan.  275 4 hours is what I would do. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got done cutting a boneless pork loin up into chops..  now I have a few for the grill or the smoker!!  sealed them with my new vac sealer and that worked slick!!!   very happy with the purchase!!!   :happy1:

Mike,kinda on the fence for a new vacum sealer,tell me about yours,make size etc. have you sealed fish with it yet? my old "food saver" is junk.

Been eye ballin the chamber sealer but $500! ouch.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/22, 07:55:03 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is more of a commercial model and I went with Cabela's.. paid for it with points..  so no charge..  no fish yet but it works great... 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't know cabelas had they're own brand,i'll take a looksey,thanx. Dang food saver,any moisture spoils the seal,par freeze is a pain before you seal fish in it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I lay my fillets on a paper towel and then use another one to wick moisture off the top of the filets. Works great.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I lay mine on some newspaper, flip 'em over, then wrap in clingwrap. From there into a ziplock bag, never an issue & they'll keep quite a while.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/22, 09:05:24 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I lay my fillets on a paper towel and then use another one to wick moisture off the top of the filets. Works great.

Yeah tried that too,even tried sealing with fillet wrapped in a paper towel,any moisture at all she won't hold the seal unless I flash freeze the fillets,my sealer must be to old?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont have the top of the line vacum packer, but works for what i want it to. as far as fish go.......i've tried vacum packing.......meh........i'm still convinced putting fish in 1/2 gallon plastic milk or OJ cartons with water is still the best route!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

back to the roast.........got it in the roaster in the frig, think i'll try LPS method. take it from there. if its not done........i can still finish cooking it up for tomorrow......we have frozen pizza............ :smoking: :sleazy:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
You guyz got me thinking about roast beast for the weekend iffin I  can afford buying one w/o a short term personel loan....I usually do the roast n bag deal,cover the roast with carrots and red taters n beef broth...kinda hard to screw up plus easy clean up.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, when are you going to learn…..sous vide!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, when are you going to learn…..sous vide!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: NEVER..EVER!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot all about that.  Will have to do that again. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked that roast about half hour ago, it's all but done. I can stick a fork all the way through it. Turned the oven on @ 1 pm at 300. Turned it down to 200 now

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You guyz got me thinking about roast beast for the weekend iffin I  can afford buying one w/o a short term personel loan....I usually do the roast n bag deal,cover the roast with carrots and red taters n beef broth...kinda hard to screw up plus easy clean up.
snow, that roast was #16.17 and because I got it in the reduced pile it was 3 bucks off.  Do it cost me $13.17. I figure that will end up being 3 maybe 4 meals.  With other goodies, that's a pretty inexpensive chunk of meat overall. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Roast was good. It's a dryer roast then a rump or chuck roast.  There's enough leftover roast for 3 more lunches for me!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Roast was good. It's a dryer roast then a rump or chuck roast.  There's enough leftover roast for 3 more lunches for me!!

looks good and that's how they turn out...  still usually taste good!!!  enjoy!!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks yummy but I can see you need that gravy boat, badly!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
snow, that roast was #16.17 and because I got it in the reduced pile it was 3 bucks off.  Do it cost me $13.17. I figure that will end up being 3 maybe 4 meals.  With other goodies, that's a pretty inexpensive chunk of meat overall. :happy1:

Gee glenn,not only are you a miser but also a fugal shopper tight arse as some say,sadly in my area my grocery doesn't have a discount section dang-it...

your roast looks darn good,I don't see cottage cheese side?