Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488512 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I have a NY Strip that I am going to slice up and fry to make fajitas with it.  Slice up some onion and green pepper and fry that too to put on tortillas.  I will also add salsa and mayhaps sour cream just cuz I like it.
do you marinate the meat first

We love fajitas but them premade ones kinda suck. Next time I'll buy a chunk of meat,  slice it, marinade it then do our own thing.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife has a mix that you fry the meat in and them the veggies so kind of an instant marinade.  If we do it again I will marinade first then cook it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
marinating is key on that!!!

I just cooked up a pound of bacon on the blackstone..  I like how nice it works!!!   added some of that to some chicken in alfedo sauce with colored peppers, onions, mushrooms other veggies...   and seasonings!!   smells real good!!  good eats tonight!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can smell it from here.   :happy1:  Holy balls has the price of bacon gone up.  Here it is 8-9 bucks a pound for all brands. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I got some farmland for $3.99 a pound...   nice thick cut too!!!  rather lean this pack!!    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I can smell it from here.   :happy1:  Holy balls has the price of bacon gone up.  Here it is 8-9 bucks a pound for all brands.
pretty good reason not to eat it!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well cept for BLT's!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not really on the stove or oven...but in the turkey frier.
Bluegills in a hot bath of peanut oil....oh so good!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
pretty good reason not to eat it!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well cept for BLT's!!!!!!!!!

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
HD.....what breading are you using. I have always liked Shore Lunch original with cornmeal added for crunch.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This is the stuff we like using. They got different flavors to.....
« Last Edit: April 04/04/22, 03:30:36 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the Andy's orange stuff!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Garbanzo bean soup!! Chow tonight.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Garbanzo bean soup!! Chow tonight.

looks darn good!!  just realized today that I have not made chili yet...   I think I need to do that soon!!!    :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
This is the stuff we like using. They got different flavors to.....

yup.....Andy's is pretty good as long as it's not the spicy stuff. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
when I was at the grocery store today I seen that eggs, if they have them have really gone up in price...   avian flu they say is the cause...  well correct me if I'm wrong but so far in Minnesota it's only been turkey's getting it...    what the heck!!!    :mad1: :bs: :bs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I paid $3.89 for 1 dozen of extra large eggs today.  $2 more than they were a couple of weeks ago. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
folks must be taking lessons from the big oil company's...  create a shortage and jack it up.... 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like IA is being hit hard & that's where a large number of the layers in the US are located. Couple that with some of the Ukraine war related impacts and instant catastrophe.

https://www.wattagnet.com/articles/44822-flock-of-5-million-layers-among-latest-avian-flu-cases

https://www.iowapublicradio.org/news-from-npr/2022-04-06/what-we-know-about-the-deadliest-u-s-bird-flu-outbreak-in-7-years

I'll have to check the local Bugtussle prices. I have gotten some from Auntie Mar Mar's mom for free! Fresh too. :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/06/22, 01:23:32 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
WM in GR had 0 last week. Jumbos are usually .99/doz there.
« Last Edit: April 04/06/22, 02:19:10 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Dotch, I should have guessed that

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be tuna melts tonight.  For 4 sandwiches, 2 cans tuna, chopped onion, chunks of colby or cheddar, mayo.  Put in buns and wrap each with foil.  Put in oven for 30 minutes.  They are easy and great.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife turned me on to putting chopped pickles in tuna melts.  Naturally, I thought she was nuts, but she proved that I was wrong again.

My spin is to add just a squirt of mustard, but we failed to reach a mutual agreement on this ingredient additive.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have done both.  Thanks for the reminder.  Sometimes I go light on those two and just don't tell the wife.  LOL

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
thanks Dotch, I should have guessed that

Kinda scary carp. Ain't looking so rosy on the turkey front here in MN either.  :sad:

https://www.bah.state.mn.us/hpai/

Once this thing runs its course, it'll take a while to get everything repopulated and back online. Will take some heat off the demand for corn & soybean meal in the meantime but my guess is in particular with the goings-on in Ukraine, it won't make much difference. Feed won't suddenly get markedly cheaper. Israel was getting a lot of their eggs from Ukraine. I wonder if they had kosher eggs?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/06/22, 04:26:53 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll hafta check Kwik trip tomorrow,  they usually have some decent prices..if I remember. Tonight it's Glenn's most go to meal.. Cheese burger bacon tater tot hotdish!! Good stuff  :happy1:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Kwik Trip—good for eggs, butter, milk, spuds, and bananas.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been thinking of tater tot hot dish and thought I was ahead of the curve by adding onion soup mix and cheese on top.  But now you talk about cheeseburger bacon tater tot hot dish.  I'm falling behind on this whole deal.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Kwik Trip—good for eggs, butter, milk, spuds, and bananas.

If they wouldn't compete so much directly with the locally owned grocery store here, I would've rather had a Kwik Trip than a Casey's in Bugtussle. It has to be the worst run Casey's I've ever been in. The employees are normally dirty, have unkempt, greasy hair and must be required to have a certain number of ugly tattoos and piercings in order to be hired. In addition, they seem to enjoy shedding that unkempt greasy hair on your pizza. The employees are surly, snotty, snarly and rude. When COVID masking was a thing they were impossible to deal with. I quit going inside after that. Great recipe for success... :rolleyes:. Simply not worth it. Luckily we live just as close to the Casey's in Ellendale, one of the nicest, cleanest and busiest one's I've ever been in. The employees are super nice. We always get our pizza from that one!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/06/22, 07:33:30 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's too bad that the store is run like that.  Interesting the different philosophies that people have.  Confusing.  My buddies tell me that they really like Caseys pizzas.  AND if you feel that way just think of how many other people that feel the same way about that store.   We used to think the Hardees in the Falls had great food.  We stop in when we go shopping over there.  For the last year or so their food has really gone downhill.  Sometimes it is a tiny burger on the big bun.  Sometimes they are cooked hard as a rock.  Makes me wonder if I should email the manager or owner to let them know about it.  They may want to know about it.  ???
« Last Edit: April 04/07/22, 07:44:00 AM by LPS »