Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517752 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I don't think many people give K O'C & Donatell anywhere near the credit they deserve for the mid-game adjustments they make being as big part of the team's success as it's been so far.  :bonk: Realizing what your players/team does well & putting them in the best situation they can to succeed is huge in today's NFL IMO. That is something that the previous regime did not do................ ever. :doah: It was always more the.............. my way or the highway mentality. :sad:
« Last Edit: December 12/08/22, 02:41:01 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Adjustments are big in the NFL. How can you explain the lack of 3rd quarter offense coming out of 1/2 time where you make those adjustments? Kind of baffling to me.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The other team makes adjustments to their D too. Just about every team will show 1 defense pre- snap & rotate out of that to something quite different just as the ball is being snapped. Often we haven't had the ball that much in the 3rd because of the adjustments on offense the other team has made & our inability to stop them starting the 2nd 1/2. Personally, I'd much rather win the 4th quarter, myself. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Darrisaw was limited in practice on Wednesday but it says nothing about yday. Smith was limited in yday's practice but Hunter, Bradbury,Bullard, & Ham are all still listed as questionable according to ESPN. :scratch:
« Last Edit: December 12/09/22, 12:48:17 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Darrisaw apparently hasn't cleared concussion protocol yet.

After suffering concussions in two consecutive weeks, I'm all for leaving him out until he is 110%.

I just keep thinking back to the ONE concussion (that we know about, anyway) that set Justin Morneau's career back and eventually cut it short.  He was out for a very long time and when he came back, he was never the same.

I can't imagine what it is like for football players who endure that contact weak after week, year after year.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hunter and Ham are ok to play.  Darrisaw practiced but may not play.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Darrisaw apparently hasn't cleared concussion protocol yet.

After suffering concussions in two consecutive weeks, I'm all for leaving him out until he is 110%.

I just keep thinking back to the ONE concussion (that we know about, anyway) that set Justin Morneau's career back and eventually cut it short.  He was out for a very long time and when he came back, he was never the same.

I can't imagine what it is like for football players who endure that contact weak after week, year after year.
I hear Yea SteveO... Next thing ya know they'll be just like boar!!😂 :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Did boar get hit on the head pretty bad?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear you, Steve-0, the report I read said that after the light practice CD wasn't availabe to the media on Wednesday. No report today, either, the last time I looked.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Wr0ng thread.....can't delete,
« Last Edit: December 12/09/22, 08:03:30 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: How do they let Darrisaw take part in even a limited practice on Wednesday if he hasn't passed the concussion protocals yet? That doesn't sound quite right to me. :huh: I'd think the League &/or the NFLPA would have problems with that. :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/10/22, 08:15:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: How do they let Darrisaw to take part in even a limited practice on Wednesday if he hasn't passed the concussion protocals yet? That doesn't sound quite right to me. :huh: I'd think the League &/or the NFLPA would have problems with that. :confused:
somewhere i read yesterday he cleared the protocol but the coaches hadnt decided if they were going to play him yet............ :scratch: at least thats what i read!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's kind of what I read too. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like they can take part in a light practice even if they haven't completely cleared all the concussion protocals. Here's a condensed version of the steps required to be able to play. https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1629471746/league/umfva5wnr32ozmukz5jd.pdf
« Last Edit: December 12/10/22, 08:31:17 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: That was changed some early this season, after the incident with Miami's QB. ESPN says #22 isn't expected to start now, but doesn't say he won't play. :scratch: Dantzler is listed as a starting CB though.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it sure is comical to read the crap online about how the Lions are going to beat the Vikings....... :rolleyes: hope the vikings beat the snot outta da motor city kitties!!!!!!1 :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gawd....... :doofus: that johathan vildma is horrendous announcer.   :confused: :doah: i'd way rather listen to Paul Allen!!!!! :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Not good but to rather listen to PA is a insult.  :pouty:

Vilma at least talks to his audience like they are over 12 years old.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
vikes are toast!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah: :embarrassed:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The pass defense seems rather leaky.   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The pass defense seems rather leaky.   :rotflmao:
yea so are some of the offenses play completions!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :angry2: :banghead: :banghead:

thats twice today they screwed me outta winning some cash!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
5 striaght games of giving up 400 yards.......they need to figure out the defense soon!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We don't bother QBs too much.  That is a huge problem. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Not enough pressure on Goff.....no sacks. Most of the time no one close.

Cousins throws for  425 yds. Jefferson sets team record 223 yds. Should have won the game with that. Cook's fumble down inside the 5 basically cost them the game. No Smith at Safety really hurt......to many long plays for Detroit.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We're so predictable on first down,  run up the middle for 1 yard, every time until late in the game. I won't say how many times I screamed at our soft playing secondary today, or the game before,  the game before etc..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We're so predictable on first down,  run up the middle for 1 yard, every time until late in the game. I won't say how many times I screamed at our soft playing secondary today, or the game before,  the game before etc..
:scratch: :scratch: BUT....the big question is...........did ya'all polish off dem wings!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: BUT....the big question is...........did ya'all polish off dem wings!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty lame D and the O can't put up 30 some points every game to make up for them.