Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: home page  (Read 43970 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen it too, interesting deal..   good to see it posted here too!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I seen it too, interesting deal..   good to see it posted here too!!!    :happy1:
yea, that HD is a stand up guy.......regardless of what boar says about him!!!!!!! :tut: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is one heck of a story.  Glad the guy was able to put this buck down. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glad he got him. That's a fence? Not sure what they would've been keeping in or out with plastic rope and bale twine...  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that article on the home page by Dreslien about the loons is interesting!!!!!!! :happy1:

thanks HD for putting these up.........i for one pretty much read them all!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
read it too, darn good... 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
that article on the home page by Dreslien about the loons is interesting!!!!!!! :happy1:

thanks HD for putting these up.........i for one pretty much read them all!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
I try to keep it fresh..... but bear with me.... I'm running this show by myself..... :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I try to keep it fresh..... but bear with me.... I'm running this show by myself..... :rotflmao:

and a darn good job of it too!!!   :happy1: : :Clap:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:happy1: :happy1: yea boar sure aint much help!!!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

and a darn good job of it too!!!   :happy1: : :Clap:
:pouty: :pouty: suck up!!!!!!!! :tut: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
BBQ pulled goose sounds darn good!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
goose jerky is awesome too!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
goose jerky is awesome too!!

oh fully agree there too!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the thieves and robbers story on the home page is quiet interesting.  kinda surprising actually some of the answers.  :scratch:

personally i have no issue with conceal and carry and i often thought about buying a handgun, more so for up in the northern woods, never to conceal and carry for protection. i just do not want to put myself in that situation. i'm 64 years old and yet have never been in a situation that i wished i carried........i tend to stay out of those situations.

even as much time as i spend up north i havent run inti many situations.........maybe to disperse a skunk..............

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with you 100% on everything you said, Glenn.

The one thing that I will add, is that times are changing fast - and not for the better.  I've never been in a situation where I needed or wanted a gun, but criminals are becoming bolder with no regard or respect for human life.

I re-evaluate my decision to not carry in an ongoing basis.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think about it often too. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

The one thing that I will add, is that times are changing fast - and not for the better.  I've never been in a situation where I needed or wanted a gun, but criminals are becoming bolder with no regard or respect for human life.

That is why I decided to start carrying. When we travel now I have a friend on my hip.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

That is why I decided to start carrying. When we travel now I have a friend on my hip.
thats what boar does to....he drives around, runs over a deer,, then shoots it and says he got it hunting!!!!!!! :tut: :doah: :moon: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I learned from the best!  ;)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
the thieves and robbers story on the home page is quiet interesting.  kinda surprising actually some of the answers.  :scratch:

personally i have no issue with conceal and carry and i often thought about buying a handgun, more so for up in the northern woods, never to conceal and carry for protection. i just do not want to put myself in that situation. i'm 64 years old and yet have never been in a situation that i wished i carried........i tend to stay out of those situations.

Geez glenn,you a perfect canidate for a .357,you can practice with .38cal rds,have handy hiking the woods with it loaded with snake rounds (#9 shotgun pellets,about 20 last time I counted),and iffin you ever shoot/wound a deer,nice finishing piece to have on hand rather than that cannon 06 of your's...

even as much time as i spend up north i havent run inti many situations.........maybe to disperse a skunk..............

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez glenn,you a perfect canidate for a .357,you can practice with .38cal rds,have handy hiking the woods with it loaded with snake rounds (#9 shotgun pellets,about 20 last time I counted),and iffin you ever shoot/wound a deer,nice finishing piece to have on hand rather than that cannon 06 of your's...

What do you plug with "snake rounds" in MN, since we generally don't have snakes in the great north woods?  Skunks?  Possums?  Crows?  Bunnies?

I think I am on board with packing a pistol to dispatch deer.  I once had to finish off a buck with my 30.06 and I didn't know if I should shoot him in the head or heart (he wasn't going to be a mount).  In the end I shot him in the chest again because I didn't want to blow the head apart.  (If you guys have some advice on what to do in this situation, I'd like to hear it.)  But if I had a less powerful pistol, I would have put one in the skull.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The decision to carry or not is very complicated for everyone.  This is one of the biggies for me (from the cover story)...

Take Question No. 8: “Have you ever disarmed a victim who was trying to defend himself or herself with a gun?” Sixty percent of violent respondents said yes. Really?! That tells me a lot of people who are carrying for protection obviously have no idea what to do when they are actually mugged. That answer sent some shivers down my spine.

Not having military or law enforcement training, I can't begin to image how much training I'd need to be confident in my ability to avoid this scenario. 

And even I learned all the moves, how do you know what you will do when you have to point your piece at another human being?

Threaten my wife and kids...  yeah, I'd empty the mag.  Get involved in a liquor store robbery where they guy is going to get away with a couple hundred bucks...  I don't know.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting subject and I have always wanted to use it for an excuse to buy a nice handgun.  AND like they said 60% of them have disarmed someone.  SO are you going to use that gun or not?  That alone is a big thing to think about.  If you don't think you could shoot a scumbag that is threatening you then you may  be better off without a gun on your person.  Someone without a gun could take your gun and then shoot your or someone tomorrow. I suppose just raising it would deter many thugs.  ????  Again like I said very interesting.  I have friends that carry and it does seem a little over the top at times but when camping and things like that it should be mandatory.  I talked to a jeweler a couple of years ago when I bought the wife a Christmas present and he said he took all of the classes but doesn't own a gun.  I don't believe that though.  lol  Great guy.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn snake rounds is just a term we minnswta folks use for this ammo,call it what ya want,but for dispaching small critters at close range or road hunting pheasants they do the job,not that I would ever shoot a pheasant out of a moving vehicle....

Gotta agree LP ,the split second  decision to use your weapon in a bad situation if confronted by a thug could be life or death,one second of hesitation could prove costly.

I'm guessing very few of all these folks purchasing these side arms would shoot if need be but having a weapon gives most folks the confidence just incase,that's my theory,but  home invasion,a armed car jacketing with or w/o a family member along,gotta be a quick no hesitation moment.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I like to have a handgun with when I'm wandering around the woods in the Spring. I usually make enough noise to not have a run-in with Mama Bear and her little ones, but you never know. I also like to have the option to carry IF I want to, when and where. I have yet to conceal carry in public. That may change and then it may stay the same. It's personal choice for everyone. Thanks for listening.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I decided that I am going to at least take the classes so I know if what I am doing is legal or not.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
When walking out in the woods you can legally open carry. The difference is if you hop on your atv or vehicle you need to unload it where if you have a permit you can leave it loaded. That is actually the main reason I got the permit to begin with. When I have sow and cubs on bear baits sometimes I carry my 44 and that way I didn't need to keep unloading. Then as time went By I started conceal carrying more and more. Took sometime for me to get comfortable with it. Now it is like second nature. Feel naked without it on my hip.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The world is getting dangerouser and dangerouser.

Soon it will be like the wild, wild west everywhere unless cities and states empower the coppers and courts to crack down on the violence.

And that won't happen until the rank-and-file Dems start voting for "law and order" candidates.   We'll see if there is another "uptick" in violent crime as the weather warms and see what impact that has on the midterm elections.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
My first year living in alaska I had a .44 for my bush/camp gun,then wilst stream fishing the following year I bumped into a trooper/warden or rather he bumped into me,after a quaint ass chewing for stream fishing in bear country (grizz) with my golden in tow,we chatted about our side arms,at the time he said all the troopers carried .357's,two reasons,.44 to bulky in the bush second .357= better penetration,shoulder or hip carry none issue,I made the switch and never looked back....later years I became comfortable w/o a carry in the bush,but the "what if" alway's lingered in my mind.