Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115099 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I ain't moving any till its over!
only if i need to get something important.........like more beer!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: wife and I are sitting here chillin, she looks out the window and tells me she should get up and close the curtains. And say f#$&+ the world. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yep she's not impressed with the snow and impending storm!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of beer, I best bring some in from da garage.  Just started here south metro bout an hour ago,  thought I'd have a little fun and stuck a yard stick in. Started at the 3" mark, hopefully the squirrels will leave it alone.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
big list of schools closed or e-learning tomorrow and thursday already!!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that coming on the bottom of your TV screen while watching days of our lives!; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hallmark!  :nerd:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that coming on the bottom of your TV screen while watching days of our lives!; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

not on your life would I watch that!!!!   :mooning: :mooning:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
2" of snow at the ranch as of 4 p.m. 2/21. Fairly dry feel to it. Should go thru the blower nice along with whatever comes along behind it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, so far round one is coming down light and fluffy - should be easy to dispose of.

Don't know what to expect for round two in terms of H2O content in the snow.  Late season snows can get really heavy.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Watching Nora  :sleazy: seen Rocori is closed tomorrow, for now.

St cloud school district is closed tomorrow and Thursday. Some of the burbs of st cloud are closed tomorrow some both days... For now.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
St. Cloud has burbs?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I took a snow day for Thursday....I drove it in 91, but now I'm older and not wiser.  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
St. Cloud has burbs?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea....sartell, sauk rapids, even i think st stephen, but its not really connected!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, so far round one is coming down light and fluffy - should be easy to dispose of.

Don't know what to expect for round two in terms of H2O content in the snow.  Late season snows can get really heavy.

Since I'm sure inquiring minds want to know, the 2" of snow this afternoon here melted out to .13" of liquid equivalent precip. That translates to .065" of precip per inch of snow, more typical of a January snow than a late February to March snow, so far.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Since I'm sure inquiring minds want to know, the 2" of snow this afternoon here melted out to .13" of liquid equivalent precip. That translates to .065" of precip per inch of snow, more typical of a January snow than a late February to March snow, so far.
so essentially your saying there;s not a lot of moisture in that snow......correct!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch how's that little corgi doing in the snow with them short legs😂

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch how's that little corgi doing in the snow with them short legs😂

going to make tunnels!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Are you making fun of our furry little 4-legged munchkin?  :rotflmao: I need to try to keep her pooping area cleaned off. We still should be keeping her incision dry if we can. That's one thing about her tail we found earlier in heavy snow. She loves snow and likes to play & burrow in it. At least you can still see her tail!

Not as much water in this snow for this time of year as what we'd typically expect. When talking to the weather gurus at the SROC over the years, .07" or less per inch of snow is normal for late December & January. We had some wetter snow in that time frame earlier so it tends to average out. .1" or more is more in line with later February thru April snowfall. Sometimes when moving that kind of snow with the tractor & bucket, it's almost blue colored. You can see it moving 8' - 10' ahead of you in a big slab.
« Last Edit: February 02/21/23, 11:14:39 PM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know how much it snowed overnight but I have some pretty good drifts in the yard this morning. Its not snowing teal hard right now but this light stuff is blowing. The warden seems to think she has to get to work today...we'll see if I can get the truck out of the yard. I'm not much for moving snow till its over.
Dotch, you always get all the "Johnny Come Lately" Blizzards!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
kinda hard to tell how much we got here..4-5 inches at the most.....for now. clear blue skies at the moment. i'll clean off the deck and sidewalk, the rest will wait.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We ended up with about 4" of fluffy stuff.  I haven't moved it yet.  Plan on doing it today once it warms up some.  Sitting right at -20 but happy to know it is a big warm up coming on Sunday. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like we may get 6, maybe 7", now. With most of the damage coming between 1-7 pm. Up to .1" of ice to go with that too. :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Well taking the lazy way out Sucked! Got stuck bigger than chit because I thought I could drive through this light stuff instead of getting the tractor out. WRONG! It's just too icy underneath to get much traction. There usually is a time or two every year that I wish my truck was 4wd and this was one of them.
I did get the warden to work on time though so that's the main thing.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea getting stuck sucks big time!!!!!!! :confused: i'd personally never own a truck without 4 wheel drive...especially for what i do. mt first ever truck didnt have it..so i learned from that experience!!!!!

according to the NWS we should be free from more snow till about 1-2 this afternoon!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I know about 4wd but I got such a good buy on this 2wd I couldn't pass it up. I bought itv5vyears ago with 75k on it for $3000. It dont owe me a thing.But there are a couple times a year when I wish I had a better winter vehicle. I'm thinking about a 4wd SUV for the warden.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I know about 4wd but I got such a good buy on this 2wd I couldn't pass it up. I bought itv5vyears ago with 75k on it for $3000. It dont owe me a thing.But there are a couple times a year when I wish I had a better winter vehicle. I'm thinking about a 4wd SUV for the warden.
:happy1: :happy1: hard to pass up a deal like that Roony!!!!!1

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good tires and some weight in the back & that truck should go through a lot of light fluffy snow.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes dutchy but the problem is my driveway out here in God's Country is a sheet of ice. That and I got a little hung up.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Ice sucks for driving on. I remember dad had 2 pieces of railroad track. He would put one behind each fender in the truck and than a gunny sack of sand to keep them from moving around. He always had weight and then sand for traction if he got stuck. But that was back in the late 60's.