Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115145 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry to hear about your pooch.  The more we love them the more it hurts when their time comes.   I went to the landfill this morning and the window of the ol Ford was thick with ice.  Let that thaw and on the way out and back I had freezing rain on the windshield.  That was enough help clean the salt off from trucks running. 

Offline MNXplorer

• Minnow
So sorry to hear about your pooch.  The more we love them the more it hurts when their time comes. 

LPS, I didn't mean to imply that he passed!!!   :rotflmao:
Just at his age, that will be the last time I take him in the field.  He's got joint issues and is almost deaf, but he still had some skills last weekend!!  I swear I could see the smile on his face when the first bird went down (it was a field hunt at Bear Creek outside Hinckley).   
He will spend the rest of his days being spoiled  by the FW and I, and chasing a few squirrels and rabbits in the backyard.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew exactly what you meant.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well cleaned off the sidewalk and most of the drive way...  it's darned slippery yet too...   yup I took a header almost right away..  sore neck to prove it too..  take it easy from here on today.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn Mike be careful.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well cleaned off the sidewalk and most of the drive way...  it's darned slippery yet too...   yup I took a header almost right away..  sore neck to prove it too..  take it easy from here on today..
damn Mike glad you're OK.

rumor has it Dotch uses boodles to alleviate pain. :shocked: :shocked: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I did find a scrap on the back of my head from where I bounced off the house so that might be tender tomorrow..   

thinking a brandy water later will help!!! 

and thanks guys....   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Two questions Mike:  Are you concussed?   Did you dent the house?   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dent the house   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

house looks just fine, never had a concussion so would not know for sure..   and concussed I'm not sure???   is that getting cussed out by a con???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Just kind of a fun word to say isn't it?  LOL  Glad you are feeling good so far.  That brandy will help too.  I may have one for you a little later too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

house looks just fine, never had a concussion so would not know for sure..   and concussed I'm not sure???   is that getting cussed out by a con???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
well iffin ya start drinking them Busch lattes... your definitely  :crazy: :doofus: concussed   :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
say what!!!    :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just went outside and checked; looks like after lunch I'll be firing up the snow blower again... 

just looked at the forecast and with the 1 to 3 inches of snow tomorrow I might as well wait until after that to clean it up... 

that the retired person's creed rules stepping in!!!   right LPS!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/07/24, 10:53:05 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right.  I just got done plowing.  Waited a day to make sure it had all fallen. 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I'm feeling left out. Not even what I would call a dusting here in my backyard. Didn't even need to sweep the walk.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
      I'm feeling left out. Not even what I would call a dusting here in my backyard. Didn't even need to sweep the walk.

maybe tomorrow for ya!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man the temp has been dropping here.  It is 0 right now.  Not used to this.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
-2 now.  Yuck.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
But it will make some ice.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We're under a Winter Storm Warning from 6 tonight until 6 AM Wednesday with snowfall totals all over the place. The hourly shows snow from ~ 8 tonight until around noon tomorrow. Snowfall rates of 1-2' an hour predicted with totals anywhere from 7-10" to 8-12" in our area according to the NWS. But in another spot TWC's site is saying 4" in the next 48 hours. :confused: NW winds 20-25 all day tomorrow & there's talk of it getting icy too. :doah: I'll believe it when I see it.  :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The news has called wolf so many times blowing up the weather so you watch all week to see what is going to happen to only receive 2” of snow. I don’t get excited anymore. Work commute is less than 5 miles and there is no ice to fish on. It sucks it will mess up the ice we do have. Buddy plows for the city and is looking forward to finally having some work. I am sure a lot of plow guys are and they will have it cleaned up hopefully quickly.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, but I believe I'm a good 3+ hours SE of you. I still don't believe it'll be as bad as the NWS makes it sound, it rarely is.
« Last Edit: January 01/08/24, 07:30:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup cry wolf..........

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Snow last night but it looks like less than an inch. It was 21° when I stepped outside around 7:00 or so.
      I think the media has a competition to see who can make winter weather sound like it could be the end of the human race.
      NWS has to cover their butt because someone will crash or slip and then need someone to blame.
      I digress. Sorry.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree, it seems like they'd rather have the public mad at 'em for forecasting the worst case scenario & have it be be better than they say than vice versa. :scratch: That way most people are over prepared & safe instead of a bunch of pile ups with a lot of people getting hurt or killed. :confused:
« Last Edit: January 01/08/24, 10:49:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!