Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 127523 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the wind sure kicked in this afternoon!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It's finally died down here a d just maybe the rain quit too! :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I was working outside. Around noon o'clock it was 68°. At 3:00 it was 60°. Pressure seems to be going up slightly.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the radar there is blue in No Dakota!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just pouring here.  Was going to move the dock when the wife got home.  Radar shows it clear here.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup raining here yet too even though radar shows it gone.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just as I was hoping.  The wind switched to the SSW as I look at the windmill and the wind vane on the barn.  Perfect!  The wind has been gusting up to 30 from the east here.  It moved my far out pole about 5 feet.  That rarely happens from the east and it is hard on docks on the American side of the river.  Now it will be much calmer at the dock for us to pull it in about 15 feet and then it will be in the right depth. I do keep the wife outfitted with nice Muck knee high boots but her sisters said never let him get you hip boots.  LOLOL    I am not sure if they were worried I would make her fetch ducks or what.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, same here any east or north winds and we get some big rollers come crashing into shore. If the water gets to high we have to pull the dock out because the waves can pick it up and move it. That has only happened twice since we put it in back in 2015. Another 1/2" of rain here overnight.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
From yesterday and last night we have right at an inch of rain. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was supposed to be a high of 60.  Were just sitting on the deck and it got so hot in the sun that we had to move a little.  It is cooling off with clouds now and is 68.  I wonder what it was 20 minutes ago?  Was great!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Crazy. Only 56 here and no sun. But there is a light breeze off of the lake.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's been messing around here off and on all morning. Looks like it's outta here and all the sudden another little shower blows thru. Thought about spraying pasture fence but it''d likely wash the stuff off before it had a chance to work. Looks like I might as well start writing some copy for tomorrow.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
We have gotten another inch here.....4-5 inches the past 2 weeks. Enough for awhile.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We just had a blast of heavy rain mixed with small hail. Gauge read .6".

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i headed to check my aspargis about 1pm...i had to stop it hailed so hard just before Roscoe...... hail piled up on the road......even on my home there was hail still layong on the shoulder> :surrender: :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Only .17" so far. Was .04" from the morning shower and .13" from this afternoon's couple episodes. A little hail but nothing like I saw in one text and saw on X out west of town. Looks like a couple more cells heading this way within an hour or so.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just dumped out .90" from Friday when we left for the weekend. Mow tomorrow. :happy1:
mm

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Rain again last night. More coming on Thursday. :pouty:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
.32" for the Memorial Day weekend at the ranch & in Bugtussle. Adding rainfall up from April 1st, we're at 13.06" in Bugtussle & 10.65" at the ranch. More on the way starting Thursday nite. ☔

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
winds have been having a good time...  got a few drops of rain, cement was only dotted here and there...   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wind is howling here.  It is warm in the woods and kind of cool out in the open.  Pretty good working weather.  Got a lot of old dead trees pulled into the burning pile from all over.  The Gson loves pulling them.  :happy1:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Speaking of wind, I've been amused lately by TV and radio people saying how strong the winds are but, gusts will be even stronger than that. Isn't that why it's called a gust? It's stronger wind. Can a gust be lighter wind?
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Another fricking shower going through now. There was 1.5" when I went out this morning. Plenty of moisture in the ground to last through June now. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wind is just howling here again.  White caps on the river.  Glad I didn't drive 6 hours up here to fish on the lake.  It would be brutal out there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No wind here. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Went out and rode across a bunch of fields from 8:30 - 10 a.m. Sprinkled on me most of the time, enough so I got damp & cold. When I got back to the office, the sun came out. Within about 20 minutes it just dumped, kinda quit then dumped some more. .17" out of that little episode. Sun came out again after lunch. Feels like it's gonna rinse & repeat most of the afternoon. Could be a glenn nap in the offing... :coffee:

Looks like roony has been blessed by Mother Nature's incontinence this afternoon... :shocked:   
« Last Edit: May 05/31/24, 03:04:00 PM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear rumbling and it's pretty dark to rhe southwest. I have resorted to covering the area where my peppers will go. I have 42 pepper plants that are in dire need of being transplanted. Hopefully next week.
« Last Edit: May 05/31/24, 04:33:43 PM by roony »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There yappin a chance of rain tonight,  just cut my lawn.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Dotch might be getting some much needed moisture.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Another 1.6" in the gauge this morning. This is getting old.